WHY TO DECANT
FOR THE AROMAS TO OPEN
Despite the age of Port Wine, and contrary to what some may think, not all wines need to be decanted.
The Vintage Port wines spend two years in vats before being bottled, without filtering, and with its aging in bottle, the natural wine deposit starts to accumulate at the bottom. This is the reason why the Vintage Port wine must also be decanted, to allow the flavors that have developed over the bottle aging to open up and express them.
Also the Late Bottled Vintage and Crusted unfiltered wines, despite having a longer period of aging in wood, by being bottled without being filtered, even ’forming’ less deposit, must be decanted so that they can be enjoyed at their best.
On the other side, the wines aged in barrels or wooden vats and filtered to remove any deposit prior to bottling, like the Tawny Port wines and full-bodied and fruity wines, do not need to be decanted. Simply open the bottle and help yourself!
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval 20 Years Tawny is a Port Wine recognized by its age complexity and simultaneously able to present a truly irresistible freshness. Balanced, harmonious, delicate, elegant and long. The right option to take into account. Indulge!$98,19
- QuickviewIn the mouth has aromatic flavours of plums and cherry jam. It is a full bodied Port with a soft and satiny texture, being at the same time a subtle and elegant Port, that evolves perfectly in the bottle. Taylor's Vargellas Vintage 2002 should be stored with the bottle horizontally in a cool, dry, dark place. This wine should be opened 2 hours before serving, be also advised to decant it. It is a Port Wine perfect to serve after meals, or to pair with Stilton cheeses and meat dishes.$282,42
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewCroft Port Reserve is a Port of Ruby style that belongs to the Reserve category. This is a Port where the quality is superior and the long experience of Port Wine production of Croft House is well present, in which the wine fully justifies its price. Croft Port Reserve features an elegant case, enriching its presentation.$16,80
- QuickviewThe Fonseca Terra Prima was the first Port Wine produced only with grapes from a organic viticulture. The Fonseca House was one of the pioneers in the organic viticulture, being Quinta do Panascal in the Távora Valley exclusively dedicated to the organic production. Fonseca Terra Prima is a fresh and vibrant wine with the combination of fruity aromas that express the best of organic grapes.$22,61
- QuickviewBuilt in 1976, Quinta do Vallado is one of the oldest and most prestigious houses in the Douro Valley. With nearly 200 years of history, the Quinta do Vallado has shown over the year’s magnificent wine production. The latest is this Vallado Adelaide Vintage 2014, a wine that surprises by its intense aromas of ripe fruit and soft tannins, providing a lasting finish.$47,87
- QuickviewA powerful Vintage Port. Only produced in years of exceptional quality, the Port Capela da Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2016 is just the third Port wine to be declared a Capela Vintage. A luxuriously perfumed and seductive bouquet stands out on the nose, especially floral aromas, like lavender, rockrose and eucalyptus. On the palate, it is a full-bodied Port, with a remarkable structure and simply exquisite. An inspiring wine that reflects the incomparable quality of the 2016 year.$159,44
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.$23,84
- QuickviewSandeman Vintage 2000 is a Port with a deep ruby, almost opaque, color. It reveals intense and fresh aromas of red fruits. It is a full-bodied, well-structured and complex wine, with rich flavors of plums, strawberries and spices, revealing as well soft but firm tannins. Enjoy your Vintage 2000 with chocolate desserts, red fruit tarts and intense cheeses.$113,10
- QuickviewPort is a Portuguese fortified wine that is produced in and around the city of Porto and the Douro valley. Port is typically a sweet red wine that is usually served as an after dinner drink.$7,85
- QuickviewCockburn's Special Reserve is the first great Port Wine that was launched by Cockburn's in 1969. This wine is aged in oak barrels for longer than normal at the reserve wines, which contributes to the unique identity of this Port.$14,66
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1995 is a Port carefully selected by the winemaker Peter Symington. From a 385 oak barrels production from this farm, this Winemaker has only selected 52 oak barrels to bottle as Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port.$114,77
- QuickviewGraham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Double Magnum 2012 is a special edition of Graham's, being produced few bottles of it. It is an edition where Port Wine quality is considered excellent. Enjoy this special edition of a 3Lt bottle.$398,66
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 1967 is a wine form a single harvest of a specific year. The peculiarity of this wine is that it has no indication of age as a blended tawny (10, 20, 30, 40,), but instead an indication, it has the year mentioned on the label and, for this reason, an Harvest wine should not be confused with a Vintage. An Harvest wine should age a minimum period of seven years in oak barrels before being bottled.$396,42
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewDalva Tawny 40 Years aged in wood during several years in which, the age mentioned in the bottle is equivalent to a ' blend ' of several «Harvest» Port Wines. As this wine aged for many years in wood, it will present a golden colour with greenish shades that will evolve until it reach a very complex «bouquet», enhancing its aromas of dried fruits, wood and spices.$154,48
- QuickviewWarre's Fine White is made from grape varieties of Douro region, a region famous for its Port Wines. In order to produce a softer and delicate Port, during the fermentation process there are removed the peel of the grapes. It is a refreshing and very light wine, perfect to be served as an appetizer.$12,10
- QuickviewWith a dark and bright red color, the Niepoort LBV 2012 fascinates by its magnificent aroma of cherries along with an exquisite floral character. On the palate, the fruit and its elegant aroma, although with a low concentration, provide a robust and firm finishing with a dry tannic.$12,71
- QuickviewIf you are looking for a one of a kind Port Wine, this gift set is the right one for you. It includes the exquisite Portal 29 Grapes and the classic Grahama's Six Grapes. A sophisticated pack that reunites 35 grapes into two amazing Port Wines. Discover the elegance, sophistication and intensity of Portal 29 Grapes and Grahama's Six Grapes and surprise someone special with a unique gift set.$58,89
- QuickviewUm vinho com uma bonita cor tijolo, com aroma a maduros frutos vermelhos, caramelo, figo e ameixa combinado com notas picantes e de noz.$23,25
- QuickviewTaylor's Fine Tawny Port is aged for 3 years in oak casks at Taylor's cellars. With reddidh brick colour and amber reflections, on the nose is possibel to sense fruity aromas, like figs and prunes, walnuts, caramel and black pepper. On the palate it is a round, velvity and balanced wine. Taylor's Fine Tawny is perfect to those who prefer a lighter Port wine style.$13,10
- QuickviewWith a purple, almost opaque, color, the Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2016 is a complex and intense Port wine. It reveals incredible fresh notes of licorice and mint, as well as notes of blueberry, dried figs and violet. On the palate it is silky and refined, with incredible notes of exotic cacao, coffee beans and grapefruit. This Vintage reveals excellent tannins and a harmonious acidity that gives the wine an excellent balance and a long and fresh finish.$76,84
- QuickviewCroft 20 Years Old Tawny Port This Port wine belongs to one of the oldest Port Houses, Croft House which it was founded over four centuries ago, in 1588. Croft 20 Years Old Tawny Port was made from a selection of Port wines aged in wood, which matured in winey oak casks. After maturation, these wines are identified with a batch, so that the quality and the style of the House is always guaranteed. This Port possesses a tawny colour and an ocher rim with wood, dried fruit and ripe figgy aromas. Its a pleasant, smooth and mellow wine with a long finish.$48,35
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 2000 is a Port that owns a bright amber colour and aromas of marmelade, spices and ripe fruits. Over the years the "Harvest" are wines that evolve and end up acquiring flavours of cinnamon, coffee and dried fruits, however they never lose their elegance and freshness.$41,52
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1989 is a Port Wine created exclusively with wines from the 1989 harvest, which was then aged in wood for at least 7 years prior to its bottling. This Port features a tawny amber colour and intense aromas of dried fruits, vanilla and hints of roasted coffee.$89,33
- QuickviewDalva Tawny 30 Years rested in wood casks during various years, in which, the age mentioned on the bottle is the average of a ' blend ' of several «Harvest» Port wines. As this wine has aged for many years in wood, it will present a golden colour with greenish shades that will evolve until they reach a very complex fragrance, in which are enhanced the aromas of dried fruits, wood, spices and toasted.$177,65
- QuickviewThe prestigious Vallado house has created a very special and exclusive edition: a box of 100 years. In this box of a very elegant design, Vallado has reunited its four tawnies with age indication: the classic 10 year old tawny, the elegant 20 year old tawny, the complex 30 year old tawny and also the outstanding and refined 40 year old tawny, resulting in a very special pack of 100 years of Port wine.$205,64
- QuickviewThe grapes of this 2000 Harvest were "stepped" in the Vale de Mendiz cellar and then the wine aged at Niepoort cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia. The 2000 year has given origin to dense wines with fine elegant tannins. The Niepoort Harvest 2000 presents a reddish colour with brownish-brick colour shades. It has aromas of dried fruit, candied fruits and hints of plums and apricots.$51,77
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1984 is produced with batches from 1984 harvest. It is a Port of a very intense amber colour, concentrated and with complex aromas of dried fruits, spices and hints of vanilla. On the palate this wine is refined and elegant, with a unique freshness. Don't miss the opportunity of enjoy this elegant 37.5 cl editionand share it with your better half.$165,03
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 2005 is a Port wine produced in the Vale de Mendiz wine cellar, where the grapes were "stepped" and then aged in Vila Nova de Gaia cellars in barrels of 550 litres. It is a wine that features a dark red-brick with brownish shades. Its aroma is quite clean, fresh and elegant with delicate nuances of dried fruits and spices. Get this 2005 Harvest Port of 37,5 cl in our online shop.$19,37
- QuickviewWith a bright red appearance and sublime fragrance of dark fruits like cherries and a soft floral character, make the Niepoort LBV a real temptation for Port wine lovers.$23,16
- QuickviewUm vinho muito aromatizado, dominado por toques de cereja e um pouco de picante.$62,10
- QuickviewFrom the sub-region of the Upper Douro, which ranges between 110 and 340 meters above sea level, emerges Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira Vintage 2007 Port. Considered a Single among the farms Vintages, it is an award-winning wine, holder of a bronze, silver and gold medals. Extraordinarily elegant and complex aroma, under which emanates aromas of eucalyptus, rock rose, red and wild berry ripe fruit, such as strawberries and blackberry, and chocolate aromas, and cedar balsamic notes. Soft tannins give it a satin touch and a haughty persistence.$77,11