MY PORT AS AN APPETIZER.
An essentially young wine to be consumed in its youth. Fits perfectly as an appetizer, being a typical summer drink. It should be served chilled (between 6 and 7º C), with ice or with innovative cocktails, adapted to the most common styles in the market, regardless if they are sweeter or drier.
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
The white and dry Port style is now much sought after by young people in the hot summer days, where they look for a distinct and innovative drink, as well as differentiator, rich and aromatic cocktails. In the company of friends, or simply for pleasure, let yourself be taken by a young and irresistible wine.
Always keep a bottle in the fridge and enjoy a chalice whenever you feel like it, or invite your friends for a joyful confraternization.
WHEN TO SERVE
On cold days, you can also try to savor a traditional soup – very rich and warm – with a chalice of this wonderful Port wine.
HOW TO STORE
White Port wines should be stored with the bottle in a vertical position, in a cool and dry location (ideal temperature 15 º C).
The new white wines are to be drunk in periods of eight to ten days after opening of the bottle, preferably cold.
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Adriano White Reserve, is a wine created in honor of the founder of Ramos Pinto House. It is a Port created from a blend of 6 to 7 years that has aged in wood barrels. With a vibrant colour, reveals fantastic flavours of fresh fruit and soft notes of nuts, provided through the aging period in oak casks.19,98€
- QuickviewPacheca White Port presents a yellow colour with golden shades. Its aroma is fruity, being possible to feel soft notes of citrus fruits, toasted nuts like walnuts and delicate notes of honey. On the mouth, Pacheca White Port is fresh, elegant and the aftertaste is slightly buttery and slightly delicious.8,00€
- QuickviewCitrine colour with an intense and fruity bouquet, this Noval Extra Dry Wite features itself as an elegant wine in the palate. It presents a good alcohol, sugar and acidity balance which gives the wine the nerve and the freshness of an appetizer and a long and pleasant finish.16,97€
- QuickviewAs the name implies, this wine is particularly dry since most of its sugar has been lost in fermentation. A limited number of white grape varieties are used in this Port production, foremost amongst which is Malvasia Fina, which gives this wine its attractive fruity and crisp flavour. Graham's Extra Dry White makes an excellent aperitif when served chilled or as a long drink with tonic water and a slice of lemon.9,23€
- QuickviewNiepoort White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine go through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.8,61€
- QuickviewCroft White Port This Croft White Port wine is made from a batch of wines produced with white grapes from their farms on the Douro Valleys upper slopes. Some of the varieties used include: Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Gouveio, Viosinho and Rabigato7,37€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.9,23€
- QuickviewCockburn's Fine White is an elegant Port Wine with a fresh, floral scent. It has a golden colour and is perfect to be served with ice and tonic water in a more relaxed environment.8,61€
- QuickviewDow's Extra Dry White is a wine produced with the absence of the grapes peel, however, to help its fermentation it is added natural yeast. At the time the must reaches the desired degree of sugar, the fermentation is interrupted to make the wine extra dry. To give more ""soul"" to this wine is also added some wine spirits after its fermentation.8,61€
- QuickviewDow's Fine White is the youngest wine of all Dow's Port Wines aged in oak barrels, aging in these for about 3 years. This type of Port wine is produced through a careful selection of grapes from Douro Valley. During the aging process, this wine is tasted with some frequency, being through this process that is determined when it is ready to be bottled.7,01€
- QuickviewCroft White Port wine is made from a lot of wines made with white grapes of the upper slopes of the Douro region, including castes Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Rabigato, Viosinho and Gouveio. For three years, these wines are aged in oak barrels where acquire softness and character. Then, the wine is separated into lots with a smooth, full-bodied style. This port wine is bottled to be consumed immediately.8,33€
- QuickviewTaylor's White Port wine is mainly produced using white grapes from Douro Valley. A wine aged in wooden barrels for about three years, achieving its softness character. Considered a traditional, full bodied and smooth Port Wine.9,84€
- QuickviewWith a vibrant golden colour, Pacheca Lágrima Port is a wine with sweet and fruity aroma, highlighting the fresh notes of orange blossom. In the mouth, is a full-bodied complex and buttery Port. It is possible to feel the sweetness of ripe fruits and slight notes of honey. Enjoy your Pacheca Lágrima Port fresh as an aperitif or to pair with a foie gras appetizer or even with an irresistible dessert.8,00€
- QuickviewWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.17,00€
- QuickviewThe Dow's Lagrima is a wine made from white grape varieties from Douro Valley which allowed him to obtain an incredible golden yellow colour In the production process of this wine its fermentation is intentionally controlled so that the wine becomes sweeter then other produced by Dows.9,84€
- QuickviewThis Quinta do Noval has a bright, golden colour with a hint of almond on the nose. On the palate it is possible to experience the fresh fruit and some almonds to finish. Enjoy it as na appetizer or with irresistible desserts.11,69€
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.12,14€
- QuickviewThis is an excellent choice as an appetizer. Its rich and fragrant with sweet fruit aroma and honey hints. Let yourself go and try it. Serve it well chilled or as a long drink. Find out how!10,15€
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 2007 White has rich flavors like figs, dried fruit, jam of white plums, it stands out as a complex wine, sweet and luscious. On the palate is very elegant, it has a silky texture that surrounds the palate, providing a very long finish, austere, however very classy.37,92€
- QuickviewMade only from white grapes, this pale coloured Port is fresh and delicate. The grapes used in the production of Graham's Fine White are traditional white varieties from the Douro Valley, such as, Códega, Malvasia Fina, Rabigato and Viosinho. During production this wine has no contact with the grape skins.8,12€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. This Special Edition ""Rabbit"" is created based on the characters from ""Alice in Wonderland"" by Lewis Carroll. Enjoy it now!11,07€
- QuickviewPort Wine Kopke Harvest 2003 White has a brownish amber color. Its delicate aromas of caramel, ripe fruits and light notes of spices like nutmeg, give it sophistication and complexity.66,69€
- QuickviewWarre's Fine White is made from grape varieties of Douro region, a region famous for its Port Wines. In order to produce a softer and delicate Port, during the fermentation process there are removed the peel of the grapes. It is a refreshing and very light wine, perfect to be served as an appetizer.7,33€