MY PORT AS AN APPETIZER.
An essentially young wine to be consumed in its youth. Fits perfectly as an appetizer, being a typical summer drink. It should be served chilled (between 6 and 7º C), with ice or with innovative cocktails, adapted to the most common styles in the market, regardless if they are sweeter or drier.
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
The white and dry Port style is now much sought after by young people in the hot summer days, where they look for a distinct and innovative drink, as well as differentiator, rich and aromatic cocktails. In the company of friends, or simply for pleasure, let yourself be taken by a young and irresistible wine.
Always keep a bottle in the fridge and enjoy a chalice whenever you feel like it, or invite your friends for a joyful confraternization.
WHEN TO SERVE
On cold days, you can also try to savor a traditional soup – very rich and warm – with a chalice of this wonderful Port wine.
HOW TO STORE
White Port wines should be stored with the bottle in a vertical position, in a cool and dry location (ideal temperature 15 º C).
The new white wines are to be drunk in periods of eight to ten days after opening of the bottle, preferably cold.
- QuickviewMade only from white grapes, this pale coloured Port is fresh and delicate. The grapes used in the production of Graham's Fine White are traditional white varieties from the Douro Valley, such as, Códega, Malvasia Fina, Rabigato and Viosinho. During production this wine has no contact with the grape skins.$10,75
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. This Special Edition ""Rabbit"" is created based on the characters from ""Alice in Wonderland"" by Lewis Carroll. Enjoy it now!$13,42
- QuickviewFerreira White is a classic, elegant, rich and fresh Port. It has a straw-yellow color and reveals aromas with a great freshness and intensity, mainly floral and fruity notes. On the palate is a soft wine, with balanced flavors and a richness and complexity acquired during some years of aging in wood. Enjoy your Ferreira White cold and keep the bottle standing at a temperature between 16º C and 18º C in a cool, dry and dark place.$7,81
- QuickviewTaylor's White Port wine is mainly produced using white grapes from Douro Valley. A wine aged in wooden barrels for about three years, achieving its softness character. Considered a traditional, full bodied and smooth Port Wine.$13,10
- QuickviewPort Wine Kopke Harvest 2003 White has a brownish amber color. Its delicate aromas of caramel, ripe fruits and light notes of spices like nutmeg, give it sophistication and complexity.$76,03
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 2007 White has rich flavors like figs, dried fruit, jam of white plums, it stands out as a complex wine, sweet and luscious. On the palate is very elegant, it has a silky texture that surrounds the palate, providing a very long finish, austere, however very classy.$43,23
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.$14,91
- QuickviewWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.$20,87