MY PORT AS AN APPETIZER.
An essentially young wine to be consumed in its youth. Fits perfectly as an appetizer, being a typical summer drink. It should be served chilled (between 6 and 7º C), with ice or with innovative cocktails, adapted to the most common styles in the market, regardless if they are sweeter or drier.
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
The white and dry Port style is now much sought after by young people in the hot summer days, where they look for a distinct and innovative drink, as well as differentiator, rich and aromatic cocktails. In the company of friends, or simply for pleasure, let yourself be taken by a young and irresistible wine.
Always keep a bottle in the fridge and enjoy a chalice whenever you feel like it, or invite your friends for a joyful confraternization.
WHEN TO SERVE
On cold days, you can also try to savor a traditional soup – very rich and warm – with a chalice of this wonderful Port wine.
HOW TO STORE
White Port wines should be stored with the bottle in a vertical position, in a cool and dry location (ideal temperature 15 º C).
The new white wines are to be drunk in periods of eight to ten days after opening of the bottle, preferably cold.
- QuickviewThis Quinta do Noval has a bright, golden colour with a hint of almond on the nose. On the palate it is possible to experience the fresh fruit and some almonds to finish. Enjoy it as na appetizer or with irresistible desserts.$18,23
- QuickviewSandeman White Port is a young and fresh wine. It has a bright yellow straw color and reveals aromas with an incredible freshness and intensity, mainly vanilla and tropical fruits. On the palate is a soft and intense wine, with an excellent balance between the natural dryness of the wine and the of sweetness from the fruit. The ending is refreshing, persistent and irresistible. Enjoy your fresh Sandeman White, with a few ice rocks or as a cocktail, with tonic water and lemon.$11,65
- QuickviewWith vibrant color and brilliant golden nuances, Ferreira Dry White reveals intense aromas of toasted nuts such as almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts and floral notes. On the mouth, it is a Port with a perfectly balanced acidity, where you can enjoy soft notes of nuts and all the complexity and richness acquired during the aging process in oak wood. An elegant wine, which presents a good balance between sweetness and acidity, providing a fresh and harmonious finish.$11,09
- QuickviewWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.$20,87
- QuickviewNiepoort White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine go through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.$11,29
- QuickviewWith a vibrant golden colour, Pacheca Lágrima Port is a wine with sweet and fruity aroma, highlighting the fresh notes of orange blossom. In the mouth, is a full-bodied complex and buttery Port. It is possible to feel the sweetness of ripe fruits and slight notes of honey. Enjoy your Pacheca Lágrima Port fresh as an aperitif or to pair with a foie gras appetizer or even with an irresistible dessert.$12,62
- QuickviewPacheca White Port presents a yellow colour with golden shades. Its aroma is fruity, being possible to feel soft notes of citrus fruits, toasted nuts like walnuts and delicate notes of honey. On the mouth, Pacheca White Port is fresh, elegant and the aftertaste is slightly buttery and slightly delicious.$11,18
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. This Special Edition ""Rabbit"" is created based on the characters from ""Alice in Wonderland"" by Lewis Carroll. Enjoy it now!$13,42
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.$14,91
- QuickviewWith a vibrant yellow color, the Offley White is a Port of an intense aroma, where it stands out the floral and fruity aromas, especially apricot and peach jam, dried fruits and light notes of oak wood, acquired during the aging period, giving it its elegant and complex character. On the palate, it is a fresh and young Port, revealing an excellent balance between the acidity and sweetness, providing a firm and elegant finish. A Port that can be enjoyed by itself or to pair with delicious appetizers.$7,58
- QuickviewCitrine colour with an intense and fruity bouquet, this Noval Extra Dry Wite features itself as an elegant wine in the palate. It presents a good alcohol, sugar and acidity balance which gives the wine the nerve and the freshness of an appetizer and a long and pleasant finish.$19,36
- QuickviewMade only from white grapes, this pale coloured Port is fresh and delicate. The grapes used in the production of Graham's Fine White are traditional white varieties from the Douro Valley, such as, Códega, Malvasia Fina, Rabigato and Viosinho. During production this wine has no contact with the grape skins.$10,75