WHEN TO SERVE PORT WINE
WITH PLEASURE AT ANY OCCASION
The Port Wine is very versatile and can be enjoyed on any occasion, savoring its rich and complex flavors surrounded by good company. While one could consider being a right wine for every occasion, its richness and variety allow it to be enjoyed at any time of day or night, taken alone or in harmony with various dried fruits, strong cheeses and rich desserts. But do not be intimidated by our suggestions: Port Wine is always good, whatever your decision – so be sure to make a choice yourself!
AS AN APPETIZER
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
WITH THE MEAL
If you are savoring a magnificent game dish, be sure to try a Tawny 10 years. Now, if your choice was light dishes based on salads or grilled fatty fish like salmon or then with the famous ‘foie gras’, the white wine served chilled blends perfectly. For red meat dishes or intense sauces, an LBV or a young Vintage Port is the ideal option achieving a balance between the intensity of the flavors.
The cheeses, sweets and fruits are excellent partners for your Porto red wine. LBV perfectly accompany smooth soft paste cheeses, blue cheeses or red fruit desserts. Harder cheeses with rich and intense flavor, desserts made with caramel and custard, convent sweets or dry fruits, you can accompany with a precious 20 years Tawny. But if your dessert is one of the famous Serra Cheese, from Azeitão, Roquefort, Stilton, Cashel Blue, Le Ciel de Charlevoix, Gorgonzola or a Saint Agur Blue, be sure to accompany it with a Vintage Port, the perfect harmony for the contrast of the flavors.
Whatever your dessert is, it will always be good with a Port Wine, so indulge yourself and enjoy the best of this true godsend.
AFTER THE MEAL
For your coffee, a 20 year old Tawny or older, like 30 or 40 years, is the best option. Or, if you appreciate a good cigar, accompany it with an old Vintage Port and immerse yourself in this unique experience that you will not forget and will want to repeat.
RELAXING AT HOME
After a stressful day, to end a day lived intensely, or just to relax reading a book, a 20 year old Tawny might be just right.
The magic of a Vintage Port of a special year is in being consumed celebrating someone’s birthday, in a great event, in a moment of closeness and celebration among friends and family.
Do not miss the opportunity to buy a Vintage Port wine box of a special year and letting it grow old, to be consumed in a birthday, birth of a son, at a wedding or at birth of a grandchild. Do not miss this extraordinary wine, this true gift of the Gods, for our pleasure, among our friends and people we hold dear.
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a balanced Vintage, with great concentration and simultaneously elegant and delicate. Is quite a mineral Port wine with balsamic notes, delicate flavours and elegant tannins. It features fruity and floral aromas providing a long and harmonious aftertaste. Surprise your family and friends during a special dinner and share with them this fantastic Vintage bottle of 1,5Lt.160,26€
- QuickviewVintage Port wines are bottled two years after their harvest, and then produced in a single year. The Niepoort Vintage 1980 owns a hypnotizing dark reddish colour, aromas of fresh fruit and spices as well as slight notes of cedar and rosemary. On the palate is a well structured wine with strong tannins and a lovely acidity.129,62€
- QuickviewThis pack has a White Port Wine, Ruby Port Wine, LBV Port Wine, six grapes Port Wine and 10 year old Tawny. In 5cl Bottles11,66€
- QuickviewThis is a rich and elegant Vintage Port with a fresh wild fruit and candy aromsa. A wine that will be more appreciated if consumed from 2018. Book some bottles, right now, and also offer them to someone very special. This is a good wine to enjoy in good company, at a party or in a special anniversary.227,08€
- QuickviewTaylor's Tawny 10 Years Taylors Tawny combines a ripe berry fruit aroma with delicate dried fruity notes, and which is very soft and silky on the palate. Try it at the end of a good meal and savour it in good company. Serve slightly chilled to enhance flavour and pleasure.21,65€
- QuickviewAs the name implies, this wine is particularly dry since most of its sugar has been lost in fermentation. A limited number of white grape varieties are used in this Port production, foremost amongst which is Malvasia Fina, which gives this wine its attractive fruity and crisp flavour. Graham's Extra Dry White makes an excellent aperitif when served chilled or as a long drink with tonic water and a slice of lemon.9,23€
- QuickviewNow you can engrave the Graham's Tawny 20 Years. A special gift to someone special.Graham’s 20 Years Old Tawny Port Wine is the pursuit of perfection between the impeccable balance, of young Port wine’s freshness, and the ageing complexity of old Port wines.Graham’s Tawny 20 Years is an impeccably balanced Port with a long, elegant finish.43,71€
- QuickviewDark red color, complex aromas of spices, red fruits, chocolate and soft notes of nuts, stands out the Niepoort Garrafeira 1977 among other Port wines.492,00€
- QuickviewQuinta do Portal 6 Barrels is a young, fresh and fruity Port Wine.With a lovely colour, given by the ageing in wood, it reveals a dried fruits and spices aroma, being also possible to sense soft notes of orange. The smoothness and the well balance on the palate, give us a good idea of the slowly ageing process. A great quality Tawny Port that will pair perfectly with a dessert, fruit or cheese.13,03€
- QuickviewWith an old gold colour, that time helped to create, this Taylor's is a rich and silky wine with hints of honey and dried fruit aromas. Become the best of hosts that everyone will envy. Enjoy this exclusive edition of a bottle of 37, 5 cl.82,41€
- QuickviewSimply The Best Port 10 years for Decanter magazine, Graham's 10 years old Tawny is prepared with an impressive selection of reserve wines, aged 10 years on average. Graham's winemaker combines very old wines with other younger, giving a Tawny complex and elegant, with lush fruity that is the hallmark of Graham's. Extremely soft in the mouth, it has a great bouquet and a long finish.1,97€
- QuickviewThe Fonseca Terra Prima was the first Port Wine produced only with grapes from a organic viticulture. The Fonseca House was one of the pioneers in the organic viticulture, being Quinta do Panascal in the Távora Valley exclusively dedicated to the organic production. Fonseca Terra Prima is a fresh and vibrant wine with the combination of fruity aromas that express the best of organic grapes.19,93€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 2001 is a Port selected from the harvest of the 2001 year, and then aged in oak casks and, finally, bottled. Is a Port with a quite appealing golden colour and with deep and exuberant nutty aromas. With flavours of dried fruits is na irresistible wine that you will want to add to your wine cellar.41,82€
- QuickviewDow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2010 is a Vintage Port Wine created in Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira. It is a wine that was not filtered before being bottled and has great a potential to age more than 30 years, always improving its aromas and flavours. Enjoy this edition of 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) and complete your wine cellar with this magnificient Port Wine.430,50€
- QuickviewGraham's Stone Terraces Vintage 2015 is the second Vintage produced from the stone terraces of Quinta dos Malvedos. Although still young, it reveals an exceptional elegance and complexity, with a prospect that it will ages superbly. This Port wine reveals sublime floral aromas; bouquet of roses and violets. It is still possible to note the very discreet presence of caramel notes. On the palate, it is a rich and elegant Vintage with some mineral freshness and soft notes of spices.232,99€
- QuickviewHarvest Port Wines are high quality wines from a single harvest year that are aged in wooden casks for at least seven years. Krohn 1983 Harvest features a brownish colour with golden nuances and delighful flavours of dried fruit and wood. The taste of an Harvest Port is very similar to a Tawny with 10 or 20 years but with a more elegant and complex taste.98,98€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1998 is a Port wine created in Quinta's do Vesuvio most insufficient harvest ever. The bottle of this wine should be stored horizontally in a dark place and with a slightly fresh temperature. It presents an intense red colour with purple reflexions and wild berries and black cherries flavours. Enjoy this edition of 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) Vintage wine.430,49€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and elegant, light greenish notes. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, with firm tannins that provide a long finish. All the charm and elegance of a Vintage reunited in a irresistible 1, 5Lt bottle that you can offer to your best friend!146,41€
- QuickviewA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. A miniature bottle that will not want to miss.2,60€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Black is considered for its producers a new way to drink Port, destined to be enjoyed with dark chocolate or simply appreciated chilled, being also possible to use it as a cocktail ingrediente. Christian Seely, from the Wine & Spirits magazine described this Noval as a revolutionary new style of Port. He highlights the intense aromas and powerful black cherry flavours and spicy notes provides its juiciness finish. Quinta do Noval Black is a Port Wine "At the level of many of the region's best LBVs, this wine may become a staple for a new generation of Port drinkers." (Wine & Spirits).21,89€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.151,61€
- QuickviewFruity aroma consisting of plum and fig with syrup fruit, combined with caramel, vanilla and honey. This Cockburn's 10 Years Old Tawny Port leaves no one indifferent. With a dry character and with some minerality, it reflects its good complexity. Elegant and balanced flavour with fine dried fruit notes, mainly hazelnuts and almonds. It presents a velvety finish and a gracious after taste.18,55€
- QuickviewTaylor's Select Wine features a red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and with fragrance of fresh fruits. A Port Wine made from young Port Wine bacthes. They were made in oak barrels, in which they get soften and strengthen. With a fresh and intense character, it presents a long and tempting aftertaste. A combination of Brix chocolate and a Taylor's Reserve in a wooden box, ideal for gifting a Port Wine lover, or just to taste a refined combination of flavours and textures taking to the extreme the refinements to the palate.35,40€
- QuickviewQuinta da Gaivosa goes back to its origins with the launch of this 10 year old White Port Wine. The experiences and teachings allowed Quinta da Gaivosa to recreat high quality Port Wines. Currently, the Alves de Sousa family is proud to present a distinct line of Ports. Notes of herbs, spices, dried orange peel, maple syrup and almonds. It is also impossible to stay indifferent to the unique notes of marmalade, caramel and nuts. Quinta da Gaivosa White 10 Years White is a complex, full-bodied and refined Port Wine.26,78€
- QuickviewA Port is a wine produced with wine batches selected from a single harvest, and that have a great capacity for ageing. On average, a Harvest must be placed to agek in oak casks for at least seven years before being bottled. The Noval Harvest 1976 is a Port wine with a yellow-brown colour and with delicious citrus aromas. On the palate has quite rich and complex flavours, presenting the typical flavour of an old Port with the freshness and vigour of a younger Port.221,01€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 2001 is a Port selected from the harvest of the 2001 year, and then aged in oak casks and, finally, bottled. Is a Port with a quite appealing golden colour and with deep and exuberant nutty aromas. With flavours of dried fruits is na irresistible wine that you will want to add to your wine cellar. Do not miss the chance of getting this fantastic Port Wine of 37,5 cl and open it in dinner for two, to end perfectly a meal with your other half.26,08€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1995 is a Port carefully selected by the winemaker Peter Symington. From a 385 oak barrels production from this farm, this Winemaker has only selected 52 oak barrels to bottle as Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port.100,68€
- QuickviewDow's Fine White is the youngest wine of all Dow's Port Wines aged in oak barrels, aging in these for about 3 years. This type of Port wine is produced through a careful selection of grapes from Douro Valley. During the aging process, this wine is tasted with some frequency, being through this process that is determined when it is ready to be bottled.7,01€
- QuickviewA luxury Case perfect to offer to a special friend and na excellent way of surprising someone: combining a Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage Port and a Taylor's Tawny 10 Years with two amazing glasses of Taylor's.68,94€
- QuickviewCroft 2009 Vintage Port This Vintage Port was created in 2009, which will be remembered as a year of low yields, due, in part, to the small amount of fruit and the effects of a very dry ripening season. The ripening season started with relatively cold weather that remained so until July. However, August was intensely hot. An early harvest granted wines a good acid balance and avoided over-ripening.46,13€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1979 is an intense amber color Port Wine aged in oak barrels. It owns a complex fragrance of dried fruits and delicate wood notes, while on the palate it is possible to feel the balance of flavors as figs. The finish is perfect and it does not disappoint.130,38€
- QuickviewDow's Finest Reserve Port comes from a careful selection of the best aged wines that are in perfect ripening stage to create this Finest Reserve. Concentrated and rich, Dow's Finest Reserve Port Wine has great depth features and softness. This Port has a distinctive house style that has been acclaimed worldwide. A refined classic, full-bodied with fruity layers that let us perceive red and black fruit aromas. The fruity character also gives it a deep ruby colour. Palate dominated by berries and spice hints, especially pepper. With a long and slightly dry mouth finish that is a hallmark Dow's wines.10,70€
- QuickviewPort rigorously selected by farms and vineyards of the Upper Douro and aged in oak casks. The weather was the perfect ally, since it was moist and cool, allowing the genesis of a rich Old Port batch, produced in small quantities, making it a true essence. It possesses the typical aroma of cask ageing , such as fine wood, spices like clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, liquorice, and the consistency of intoxicating aromas of roasted coffee, hazelnuts, walnuts and fine wood highlights. This Port possesses an olive-ochre colour and persistent spice and wood aftertaste.209,10€
- QuickviewA quite soft Vintage Port with a black colour, raspberries and plums aromas, a second, youthful Fonsecas wine that can be more appreciable if drunk until 2020. Order now and find teh Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage 2005, bottled in 200758,90€
- QuickviewTaylor's White Port wine is mainly produced using white grapes from Douro Valley. A wine aged in wooden barrels for about three years, achieving its softness character. Considered a traditional, full bodied and smooth Port Wine.9,84€
- QuickviewTaylor's Select Reserve features a vibrant red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and features aromas of fresh fruit. This Port wine was produced from young wine batches and then, aged in oak barrels, in which gets soften and strengthen. The afertaste is long, fresh and intense. Get this amazing Taylor's in miniature bottle of a 5 cl.1,82€
- QuickviewWith young colour inspite of its age, Warre's Vintage 1980 Port has more saturated depth. Full of fragrant aromas, due to black fruit, grapes, violets and cistus. Possesses a broad palate, sweet, spicy, rich and really decorated in a perfect understanding of generously aromatic ripening. Well balanced with floral elegance and excellent finish length.110,52€
- Quickview2007 Vintage Port whose spirit is unconditionally Portuguese, visible in the sharpness of the cherry liquor, in the very ripe fruit that gives it the opaque purplish-red colour. Like any other Ramos Pinto, this 2007 Vintage Port is no exception in presenting a full-bodied palate, with structured and strong tannins that give it great ageing ability. Nonetheless, this wine is at the same time subtle and very sweet, sensation intuitively transmitted by the ripe fruit. Violets, fennel and ripe red berries accentuated aromas; dark chocolate and pepper notes.75,03€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be appreciated in a 3Lt bottle.338,80€
- QuickviewCockburn's Special Reserve is the first great Port Wine that was launched by Cockburn's in 1969. This wine is aged in oak barrels for longer than normal at the reserve wines, which contributes to the unique identity of this Port.10,46€
- QuickviewTawnys with indication of age are wines that result from the mixture of different wine batches with average ages of 10 years. The long aging in small oak casks provide it its vibrant colour and the amazing complexity of flavours and aromas. Niepoort Tawny 10 Years is a Port wine with a deep golden colour and intense scents of candied fruit and apricots.34,44€
- QuickviewThis Port wine bears witness to the passing of generations, since this Ports production is made by setting wines apart, done by the master oenologists great grandfather, grandfather, father and uncles. Therefore, the Master Blender selects and puts them aside for future generations. This Graham's 40 Years Old Tawny Port is the immemorial tradition and a full of character and expression wine. It possesses golden amber colour and pale green tinge, characteristic of old wines. Complex aroma and a balm that defies age itself. Very fruity on the palate, with raisins and roasted caramel and chocolate notes. Graham's Tawny 40 Years is a Port with a strong, quite elegant aftertaste finish. Award-winning wine with three Gold Medals.109,47€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vallado Tawny 40 Years is a Port Wine that reveals caramel inflamed notes in the aroma, dry fruit such as hazelnut, walnut and abundance in coffee. With a strong hint of spices and cinnamon and cloves prominence. Of great structure and concentration, displays a faultless acidity and freshness. Elegant, condensed, full-bodied and enhanced with an endless aftertaste.94,46€
- QuickviewWith an intense amber color, this Kopke Harvest 1975 presents soft aromas of dried fruits perfectly enclosed by delicate spicy notes. On the palate is a soft, silky and well-structured wine. Its elegance extends, providing a compelling and lasting finish.135,30€
- QuickviewCroft White Port This Croft White Port wine is made from a batch of wines produced with white grapes from their farms on the Douro Valleys upper slopes. Some of the varieties used include: Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Gouveio, Viosinho and Rabigato7,37€
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.12,14€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.20,91€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Tawny 20 years is a Port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots as well as smooth nuances of nuts. Get this lovely 37,5 cl Port bottle to add to your wine cellar.32,04€