WHEN TO SERVE PORT WINE
WITH PLEASURE AT ANY OCCASION
The Port Wine is very versatile and can be enjoyed on any occasion, savoring its rich and complex flavors surrounded by good company. While one could consider being a right wine for every occasion, its richness and variety allow it to be enjoyed at any time of day or night, taken alone or in harmony with various dried fruits, strong cheeses and rich desserts. But do not be intimidated by our suggestions: Port Wine is always good, whatever your decision – so be sure to make a choice yourself!
AS AN APPETIZER
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
WITH THE MEAL
If you are savoring a magnificent game dish, be sure to try a Tawny 10 years. Now, if your choice was light dishes based on salads or grilled fatty fish like salmon or then with the famous ‘foie gras’, the white wine served chilled blends perfectly. For red meat dishes or intense sauces, an LBV or a young Vintage Port is the ideal option achieving a balance between the intensity of the flavors.
The cheeses, sweets and fruits are excellent partners for your Porto red wine. LBV perfectly accompany smooth soft paste cheeses, blue cheeses or red fruit desserts. Harder cheeses with rich and intense flavor, desserts made with caramel and custard, convent sweets or dry fruits, you can accompany with a precious 20 years Tawny. But if your dessert is one of the famous Serra Cheese, from Azeitão, Roquefort, Stilton, Cashel Blue, Le Ciel de Charlevoix, Gorgonzola or a Saint Agur Blue, be sure to accompany it with a Vintage Port, the perfect harmony for the contrast of the flavors.
Whatever your dessert is, it will always be good with a Port Wine, so indulge yourself and enjoy the best of this true godsend.
AFTER THE MEAL
For your coffee, a 20 year old Tawny or older, like 30 or 40 years, is the best option. Or, if you appreciate a good cigar, accompany it with an old Vintage Port and immerse yourself in this unique experience that you will not forget and will want to repeat.
RELAXING AT HOME
After a stressful day, to end a day lived intensely, or just to relax reading a book, a 20 year old Tawny might be just right.
The magic of a Vintage Port of a special year is in being consumed celebrating someone’s birthday, in a great event, in a moment of closeness and celebration among friends and family.
Do not miss the opportunity to buy a Vintage Port wine box of a special year and letting it grow old, to be consumed in a birthday, birth of a son, at a wedding or at birth of a grandchild. Do not miss this extraordinary wine, this true gift of the Gods, for our pleasure, among our friends and people we hold dear.
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Tawny 20 years is a Port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots as well as smooth nuances of nuts. Get this lovely 37,5 cl Port bottle to add to your wine cellar.$36,63
- QuickviewThe Quinta de Roriz Vintage 2007 is a Port that has fermented only with natural yeasts. All the grapes were harvested by hand and ""stepped"" by the foot at the Quinta's wood vats. This wine aged for 19 months in oak casks before being bottled without any filtering or clarification.$60,41
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Fine Ruby has a bright ruby colour. On the nose is intense and youthful, being impossible to stay indifferent to its distinctive fruity character of wild berries. On the palate, it is a well balanced Port Wine with intense fruity flavours.$16,40
- QuickviewUm Porto de cor em tons profundos púrpura, é um vinho com sabor intenso de frutos do bosque e notas picantes. Um ótimo digestivo.$66,37
- QuickviewTawny Port Wines are young wines of several years, aged between two and three years in wood barrels, giving them aromas of nuts. Cockburn's Fine Tawny is an elegant, velvety Port with spice aromas.$10,52
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1999 is a limited edition Port Wine. Only 2000 boxes were bottled to be saled. These 2000 bottles represent only 8% of the Quinta production in the year of 1999, presenting itself as a high quality Vintage. To add even more emphasis to this Vintage, it was created an edition of 4, 5Lt (6 bottles)..$470,18
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewThe ageing process of these wines was done in wooden barrels to promote a greater oxygenation. Its original red colour gives way to amber tones, its flavour is enriched by a combination of nuts, dried fruits and the aromas of red fruits.$15,45
- QuickviewA powerful Vintage Port. Only produced in years of exceptional quality, the Port Capela da Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2016 is just the third Port wine to be declared a Capela Vintage. A luxuriously perfumed and seductive bouquet stands out on the nose, especially floral aromas, like lavender, rockrose and eucalyptus. On the palate, it is a full-bodied Port, with a remarkable structure and simply exquisite. An inspiring wine that reflects the incomparable quality of the 2016 year.$159,44
- QuickviewFor several years, the Pisca Vine has been the basis of Niepoort Vintage Port wines. Since 2005, Niepoort has taken the opportunity to study its qualities and has found a way to manage the vineyard biologically, thereby producing excellent wines as this Niepoort Vintage Biome 2013 37,5 cl. In this Niepoort stands out its intense purple color and aromas of dark fruits like black plums and blackberries.$49,29
- QuickviewThe Dow's Lagrima is a wine made from white grape varieties from Douro Valley which allowed him to obtain an incredible golden yellow colour In the production process of this wine its fermentation is intentionally controlled so that the wine becomes sweeter then other produced by Dows.$12,83
- QuickviewCitrine colour with an intense and fruity bouquet, this Noval Extra Dry Wite features itself as an elegant wine in the palate. It presents a good alcohol, sugar and acidity balance which gives the wine the nerve and the freshness of an appetizer and a long and pleasant finish.$19,36
- QuickviewThe year of 2005 was a year in which were produced high quality wines, despite the extremely dry weather during the grapes prodution. Ramos Pinto Quinta de Ervamoira Vintage is a Port wine of intense opaque colour and violet shades. It is a Port with a stylish, powerful and intense aroma of the ripe fruits like blackcurrant, plum and blackberry as well as some notes of cedar, resin, rockrose and chocolate.$59,96
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a perfectly integrated Port wine, with a velvety and harmonious afertaste. With a dark charcoal colour and aromas of violets and wildflowers, this Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a full bodied wine that features powerful flavours of blueberries and blackcurrants with slight chocolate hints.$93,78
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval 10 Years Tawny perfectly represents Noval Tawny style. The hallmarks of an Old Tawny Port Wine were acquired, fully preserving the fruit of its youth and the freshness which features it completely. A perfect expression of the Noval Tawny style. It has acquired the classical attributes of an old Tawny Port, while at the same time retaining much of the freshness and fruit of its youth$38,77
- QuickviewVintage Port wines of the Quinta dos Canais are produced from grapes harvested in a single property. The Cockburn's Quinta dos Canais Vintage 2006 is a wine of intense Ruby and opaque colour, with aromas of ripe dark fruits and a touch of dark chocolate. In the mouth is a full-bodied wine and with fruty aromas of berries.$53,49