WHEN TO SERVE PORT WINE
WITH PLEASURE AT ANY OCCASION
The Port Wine is very versatile and can be enjoyed on any occasion, savoring its rich and complex flavors surrounded by good company. While one could consider being a right wine for every occasion, its richness and variety allow it to be enjoyed at any time of day or night, taken alone or in harmony with various dried fruits, strong cheeses and rich desserts. But do not be intimidated by our suggestions: Port Wine is always good, whatever your decision – so be sure to make a choice yourself!
AS AN APPETIZER
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
WITH THE MEAL
If you are savoring a magnificent game dish, be sure to try a Tawny 10 years. Now, if your choice was light dishes based on salads or grilled fatty fish like salmon or then with the famous ‘foie gras’, the white wine served chilled blends perfectly. For red meat dishes or intense sauces, an LBV or a young Vintage Port is the ideal option achieving a balance between the intensity of the flavors.
The cheeses, sweets and fruits are excellent partners for your Porto red wine. LBV perfectly accompany smooth soft paste cheeses, blue cheeses or red fruit desserts. Harder cheeses with rich and intense flavor, desserts made with caramel and custard, convent sweets or dry fruits, you can accompany with a precious 20 years Tawny. But if your dessert is one of the famous Serra Cheese, from Azeitão, Roquefort, Stilton, Cashel Blue, Le Ciel de Charlevoix, Gorgonzola or a Saint Agur Blue, be sure to accompany it with a Vintage Port, the perfect harmony for the contrast of the flavors.
Whatever your dessert is, it will always be good with a Port Wine, so indulge yourself and enjoy the best of this true godsend.
AFTER THE MEAL
For your coffee, a 20 year old Tawny or older, like 30 or 40 years, is the best option. Or, if you appreciate a good cigar, accompany it with an old Vintage Port and immerse yourself in this unique experience that you will not forget and will want to repeat.
RELAXING AT HOME
After a stressful day, to end a day lived intensely, or just to relax reading a book, a 20 year old Tawny might be just right.
The magic of a Vintage Port of a special year is in being consumed celebrating someone’s birthday, in a great event, in a moment of closeness and celebration among friends and family.
Do not miss the opportunity to buy a Vintage Port wine box of a special year and letting it grow old, to be consumed in a birthday, birth of a son, at a wedding or at birth of a grandchild. Do not miss this extraordinary wine, this true gift of the Gods, for our pleasure, among our friends and people we hold dear.
- QuickviewDow's LBV Port comes from two of the best Douro Valley estates: Quinta do Bomfim, with old vineyards in walled slopes and Quinta Senhora da Ribeira, a mountain vineyard in the remote Upper Douro. Its style is classic, very concentrated and filled with spicy notes, dark chocolate notes and intensely fruity, in which black cherries stand out. With Dow's typical hallmark, it presents itself with a slightly dry finish and an opulent aftertaste.14,69€
- QuickviewWith complex aromas of nuts, honey, butterscotch and slight notes of spices, Kopke Tawny 10 Years leaves in the palate the sentation of delicate flavors of dried fruits, caramel, chocolate and wood.31,57€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro 20 Years is a blend with an age average of 20 years, that from a careful selection of several batches of one of the oldest Douro’s farms - Quinta do Bom Retiro The period in which was kept in wood, has modified its colour, evolving from a red colour to vibrant tons of orange brick and vibrant yellow. A classic Tawny.56,78€
- QuickviewDow's Fine White is the youngest wine of all Dow's Port Wines aged in oak barrels, aging in these for about 3 years. This type of Port wine is produced through a careful selection of grapes from Douro Valley. During the aging process, this wine is tasted with some frequency, being through this process that is determined when it is ready to be bottled.9,43€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.151,44€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval 10 Years Tawny perfectly represents Noval Tawny style. The hallmarks of an Old Tawny Port Wine were acquired, fully preserving the fruit of its youth and the freshness which features it completely. A perfect expression of the Noval Tawny style. It has acquired the classical attributes of an old Tawny Port, while at the same time retaining much of the freshness and fruit of its youth34,01€
- QuickviewOver many years of ageing, the wine takes on its amber tawny colour, slowly developing the complex flavours and the mouth luscious palate. Rich and elegant nose with a delicate nuttiness and subtle mellow notes of chocolate, butterscotch and fine oak wood.49,94€
- QuickviewWith a vibrant red ruby color, Offley Ruby reveals an amazing aroma of red fruits and smooth notes of oak wood, acquired during the aging, which provides it with an extra complexity. On the palate, it is an elegant, smooth Port with a great balance between the ripe tannins and the natural sweetness. The finish is persistent, harmonious and elegant. An exquisite, fresh and vibrant Port. The perfect sugestion for the lovers of fresh an affordable wines.6,64€
- QuickviewCroft Quinta da Roeda 2002 Vintage is the result of a year with dry weather, however, at the last stage of ripening of the grapes it was pointed out a precipitation through out the region of Douro. It was thought that this year's harvest would be lost if it wasn't the perfect ripeness of the grapes, the effect of the rain could have been devastating. The grape harvest started in the Douro at 23 of September and since the weather was hot the result was better then the expected, allowing the production of Port Wines with great quality.75,50€
- QuickviewThis is a Fonsecas Vintage Port of great longevity with a harmonious blend of cherry and plum flavours. Enjoy this Port at various times in your life.185,00€
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 2005 is a Port wine produced in the Vale de Mendiz wine cellar, where the grapes were "stepped" and then aged in Vila Nova de Gaia cellars in barrels of 550 litres. It is a wine that features a dark red-brick with brownish shades. Its aroma is quite clean, fresh and elegant with delicate nuances of dried fruits and spices. Get this 2005 Harvest Port of 37,5 cl in our online shop.17,00€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Vintage 2000 is a quite fruity with a complex aroma, combining ripe plum, red fruit jam, small-berry fruit as well as dark chocolate and pepper notes. Structured and full-bodied in the mouth, finishes off in a seductive velvety way with a hot and long aftertaste. High concentration of firm tannins which provides ageing potential.55,40€
- QuickviewA Port produced from grapes of Vinhas Velhas varieties that is aged for more than seven years in oak barrels. The wood transmits to the wine a unique taste and distinctive. Indicated to serve before a meal, Krohn 1998 Harvest can also be enjoyed with chocolate desserts and creamy cheeses like Serra da Estrela cheese or French cheeses.62,18€
- QuickviewTo celebrate the 170º anniversary of the Niepoort their were bottled 999 bottles VV Port Wine, where it was intended to create wine that presented the concentration and richness of original VV with the refinement and purity of Niepoort wines. The Niepoort VV Very Old Tawny is a deep brown colour with green olives reflexes. Presents a crystalline appearance and intense aromas of nuts, raisin, honey, coffee and smoke.1.457,99€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1974 is an example of another magnificent production of the Kopke house. With an amber color and slight orange reflections, this wine seduces with its aromatic notes of walnuts and hazelnuts. On the palate it presents itself as a well-structured Port wine with intense flavors without losing its elegance and balance.146,91€
- QuickviewFermenting with indigenous yeasts at a temperature between 20-25ºc for 3 to 4 days, this Port sees its fermentation interrupted with wine spirits at 77º V / V. Prizes: Producer of the Year in Portugal in 2006 and Producer of the Year in Portugal in 1999.53,95€
- QuickviewDalva 10 Years is a Port that features a golden color with slight reddish notes. It is a wine with aromas of jam and dried fruits. On the palateis quite balanced, delicate and with fantastic flavours of fruit and spices. The aftertaste is long, slightly spicy and fresh.31,68€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a perfectly integrated Port wine, with a velvety and harmonious afertaste. With a dark charcoal colour and aromas of violets and wildflowers, this Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a full bodied wine that features powerful flavours of blueberries and blackcurrants with slight chocolate hints.82,26€
- QuickviewWith a vibrant golden colour, Pacheca Lágrima Port is a wine with sweet and fruity aroma, highlighting the fresh notes of orange blossom. In the mouth, is a full-bodied complex and buttery Port. It is possible to feel the sweetness of ripe fruits and slight notes of honey. Enjoy your Pacheca Lágrima Port fresh as an aperitif or to pair with a foie gras appetizer or even with an irresistible dessert.11,07€
- QuickviewNiepoort White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine go through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.9,90€
- QuickviewThe prestigious Vallado house has created a very special and exclusive edition: a box of 100 years. In this box of a very elegant design, Vallado has reunited its four tawnies with age indication: the classic 10 year old tawny, the elegant 20 year old tawny, the complex 30 year old tawny and also the outstanding and refined 40 year old tawny, resulting in a very special pack of 100 years of Port wine.180,39€
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny Port Wine This is a relatively concentrated Port, full-bodied and very fruity; a great dessert wine and a great finish to a meal.10,43€
- QuickviewCroft White Port This Croft White Port wine is made from a batch of wines produced with white grapes from their farms on the Douro Valleys upper slopes. Some of the varieties used include: Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Gouveio, Viosinho and Rabigato11,07€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Fine Ruby has a bright ruby colour. On the nose is intense and youthful, being impossible to stay indifferent to its distinctive fruity character of wild berries. On the palate, it is a well balanced Port Wine with intense fruity flavours.14,38€
- QuickviewDow's Rosé is a Port wine that features an elegant pink colour. For the production of this wine, before the grapes being crushed there are removed the grape berries and only these are gently crushed in order to keep all the base aromas of the fruit.10,75€
- QuickviewDalva Tawny 30 Years rested in wood casks during various years, in which, the age mentioned on the bottle is the average of a ' blend ' of several «Harvest» Port wines. As this wine has aged for many years in wood, it will present a golden colour with greenish shades that will evolve until they reach a very complex fragrance, in which are enhanced the aromas of dried fruits, wood, spices and toasted.155,83€
- QuickviewThe Harvest Port Wines are wines produced from harvested batches from one year and then aged for at least seven years in wood. Dalva Harvest 1968 is a wine with intense aromas and flavours of jam, marmalade and spices. This wine over the years tend to acquire flavours of coffee, dried fruits and cinnamon.326,91€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewThe white Port wine from Quinta Santa Eufêmia has a prodution process quite similar to the Red Ports. The vinification takes place in traditional stone vats, where the grapes are stepped only using the feet and where fermentation is interrupted by the addition of wine spirits, in order to obtain the desired 19ºC. Quinta Santa Eufêmia 30 Years White presents a golden colour, slightly darker than the 20 years white Port, and with some greenish nuances typical of an old Port. This Wine features dried fruit aromas like almonds, as well as coffee scents and a very well balanced flavours.90,22€
- QuickviewCockburn's Vintage 2016 is a sublime Port wine, with a dark and intense bordeaux color, with a simple touch of ruby on the edge. It is an incredibly aromatic and complex Vintage, with notes of spices, herbs and nuts. On the palate it is possible to note the richness of the ripe red and black fruits and spices. It is an elegant wine, with balanced acidity and polished tannins, providing a magnificent and persistent finish.91,39€
- QuickviewWarre’s Vintage 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. In a special edition of 6Lt you can now complete your wine cellar with this amazing Vintage678,36€
Free shipping for EU countries.