WHEN TO SERVE PORT WINE
WITH PLEASURE AT ANY OCCASION
The Port Wine is very versatile and can be enjoyed on any occasion, savoring its rich and complex flavors surrounded by good company. While one could consider being a right wine for every occasion, its richness and variety allow it to be enjoyed at any time of day or night, taken alone or in harmony with various dried fruits, strong cheeses and rich desserts. But do not be intimidated by our suggestions: Port Wine is always good, whatever your decision – so be sure to make a choice yourself!
AS AN APPETIZER
White Port wines can be found with an indication of age, although they are rare wines that are close in colour, textures and aromas to red tawny ports of the same age.
WITH THE MEAL
If you are savoring a magnificent game dish, be sure to try a Tawny 10 years. Now, if your choice was light dishes based on salads or grilled fatty fish like salmon or then with the famous ‘foie gras’, the white wine served chilled blends perfectly. For red meat dishes or intense sauces, an LBV or a young Vintage Port is the ideal option achieving a balance between the intensity of the flavors.
The cheeses, sweets and fruits are excellent partners for your Porto red wine. LBV perfectly accompany smooth soft paste cheeses, blue cheeses or red fruit desserts. Harder cheeses with rich and intense flavor, desserts made with caramel and custard, convent sweets or dry fruits, you can accompany with a precious 20 years Tawny. But if your dessert is one of the famous Serra Cheese, from Azeitão, Roquefort, Stilton, Cashel Blue, Le Ciel de Charlevoix, Gorgonzola or a Saint Agur Blue, be sure to accompany it with a Vintage Port, the perfect harmony for the contrast of the flavors.
Whatever your dessert is, it will always be good with a Port Wine, so indulge yourself and enjoy the best of this true godsend.
AFTER THE MEAL
For your coffee, a 20 year old Tawny or older, like 30 or 40 years, is the best option. Or, if you appreciate a good cigar, accompany it with an old Vintage Port and immerse yourself in this unique experience that you will not forget and will want to repeat.
RELAXING AT HOME
After a stressful day, to end a day lived intensely, or just to relax reading a book, a 20 year old Tawny might be just right.
The magic of a Vintage Port of a special year is in being consumed celebrating someone’s birthday, in a great event, in a moment of closeness and celebration among friends and family.
Do not miss the opportunity to buy a Vintage Port wine box of a special year and letting it grow old, to be consumed in a birthday, birth of a son, at a wedding or at birth of a grandchild. Do not miss this extraordinary wine, this true gift of the Gods, for our pleasure, among our friends and people we hold dear.
- QuickviewOffley Barão de Forrester 30 Years Tawny is an intense amber wine with greenish nuances. It reveals an intense aroma, of great complexity and richness, especially notes of caramel, coffee, nuts and soft notes of varnish and tobacco leaf, aromas acquired during the aging in oak wood over the years. On the palate, it is a very balanced, sophisticated and velvety Tawny, with a delicate structure. The finish is long and smooth. Awards and Distinctions: 92 points Wine Enthusiast Magazine; Gold Medal - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2014; Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014; Bronze Medal - International Wine Challenge 2014; - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Silver Medal 2013; - Silver Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2013.$69,50
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a balanced Vintage, with great concentration and simultaneously elegant and delicate. Is quite a mineral Port wine with balsamic notes, delicate flavours and elegant tannins. It features fruity and floral aromas providing a long and harmonious aftertaste. Surprise your family and friends during a special dinner and share with them this fantastic Vintage bottle of 1,5Lt.$183,21
- QuickviewSandeman Vintage 2000 is a Port with a deep ruby, almost opaque, color. It reveals intense and fresh aromas of red fruits. It is a full-bodied, well-structured and complex wine, with rich flavors of plums, strawberries and spices, revealing as well soft but firm tannins. Enjoy your Vintage 2000 with chocolate desserts, red fruit tarts and intense cheeses.$113,10
- QuickviewPacheca Tawny Port is a wine that resulted from a blend of different Port wines, the young ones of 3 to 4 years of age that provide its freshness and youthfulness and the older ones with 7 to 8 years of age that give it its maturity.$12,48
- QuickviewDalva 20 Years Dry White is a pioneer 20 year Port due to the fact that it has a lower sugar content when compared with others of the same age. This Port features a bright amber colour with deep and complex aromas and citrus fruits, honey and almonds. On the palate this Port is quite firm, elegant, being possible to feel notes of orange and spices in the aftertaste.$62,71
- QuickviewDalva Tawny 30 Years rested in wood casks during various years, in which, the age mentioned on the bottle is the average of a ' blend ' of several «Harvest» Port wines. As this wine has aged for many years in wood, it will present a golden colour with greenish shades that will evolve until they reach a very complex fragrance, in which are enhanced the aromas of dried fruits, wood, spices and toasted.$177,65
- QuickviewA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. A miniature bottle that will not want to miss.$3,09
- QuickviewUm vinho com uma fantástica complexidade de aromas a frutos vermelhos que acompanha muito bem queijos e chocolate, mas que também é delicioso bebido por si só.$82,21
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1995 is a Port carefully selected by the winemaker Peter Symington. From a 385 oak barrels production from this farm, this Winemaker has only selected 52 oak barrels to bottle as Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage Port.$114,77
- QuickviewThe white Port wine from Quinta Santa Eufêmia has a prodution process quite similar to the Red Ports. The vinification takes place in traditional stone vats, where the grapes are stepped only using the feet and where fermentation is interrupted by the addition of wine spirits, in order to obtain the desired 19ºC. Quinta Santa Eufêmia 30 Years White presents a golden colour, slightly darker than the 20 years white Port, and with some greenish nuances typical of an old Port. This Wine features dried fruit aromas like almonds, as well as coffee scents and a very well balanced flavours.$102,85
- QuickviewWith complex aromas of nuts, honey, butterscotch and slight notes of spices, Kopke Tawny 10 Years leaves in the palate the sentation of delicate flavors of dried fruits, caramel, chocolate and wood.$35,99
- QuickviewIn 2016 the third Port wine of this series was launched, the Taylor's Single Harvest 1966. The 1966 Single Harvest features a golden brown color and soft olive green nuances. The aromas are complex, with emphasis on the fragrances of roasted nuts such as walnuts and macadamia nuts, the sweetness of brown sugar, molasses and caramel. In the mouth, it is a silky wine, with delicate notes of honey, figs, apricot jam and light nuances of coffee, perfectly balanced by a slight acidity. The aftertaste is long and harmonious.$570,67
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewA great Tawny from a blend with an average age of 10 years, reveals a brilliant orange reddish colour with golden reflections and exotic aromas, slightly spicy. Full bodied and the richness of flavours make this Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira 10 Years an irresistible and tempting Port wine.$30,23
- QuickviewTaylor's Select Reserve features a vibrant red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and features aromas of fresh fruit. This Port wine was produced from young wine batches and then, aged in oak barrels, in which gets soften and strengthen. The afertaste is long, fresh and intense. Get this amazing Taylor's in miniature bottle of a 5 cl.$2,21
- QuickviewDow's Fine Ruby is a Port Wine created from a wide variety of grapes from Douro Valley. This wine is aged in oak barrels for approximately 3 years and it can be served right after their bottling, which means it is not necessary to age in the bottle.$10,75
- QuickviewHarvest Port wines are tawny wines of a single year aged in oak barrels for at least 7 years befor being bottled. Being wines from a single harvest, each year's personality is reflected in the wine itself. Dow's Harvest 2002 is a Port Wine from the best batches of 2002 harvest, that aged in wood casks at Dow's warehouses in Vila Nova de Gaia.$28,17
- QuickviewDow's Quinta Sra. Da Ribeira Vintage 2012 is a wine with aroma of violets from the vineyards of Touriga Franca which are oriented to the South and in the year of its production reached a perfect ripeness. In this wine is still possible to find slight aromas of blackberry and currant, making it fragrant and fruity wine.$70,33
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged. A miniature bottle of a 5 cl Port Wine that you will love to collect.$2,21
- QuickviewIntense ruby color and light nuances, this Sandeman Vintage 225 Years - Journey reveals an aroma with a magnificent complexity and intensity, with salience for the iodized notes, the sea air, spicy notes of cinnamon and pepper, balsamic the resin and slightly mentholado and also the presence of red and black fruits. On the mouth, is a full-bodied wine with a good acidity and firm tannins, thus providing a very long and harmonious finish.$146,76
- QuickviewThe grapes of this 2000 Harvest were "stepped" in the Vale de Mendiz cellar and then the wine aged at Niepoort cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia. The 2000 year has given origin to dense wines with fine elegant tannins. The Niepoort Harvest 2000 presents a reddish colour with brownish-brick colour shades. It has aromas of dried fruit, candied fruits and hints of plums and apricots. Surprise a good old friend with this bottle of 37,5 cl, surelly he will be very happy to receive it.$27,88
- QuickviewWith an intense yellow color with delicate golden shades, Ferreira Lágrima is the result of a carefull selection of the most magnificent grapes from the region, such as Malvasia Fina, Moscatel, Códega, Rabigato and Gouveio. It is a Port with intense, complex and rich aromas. On the palate, reveals fruity and exotic flavors, especially delicate floral notes and a touch of honey, providing it an irresistible taste. What makes a Lágrima Port unmistakable is its sweetness. However, in this Ferreira, this wine is perfectly balanced with the alcohol, providing it a distinctive flavor.$10,50
- QuickviewThis is a fascinating Vintage Port Fonseca with fruit aroma and coffee and wild herbs notes. Its good wine to offer as a special gift, celebrating a friendship, or to savour with friends and family.$159,59
- QuickviewThe Niepoort LBV is considered one of the most iconic wines from Niepoort. Produced from a magnificent selection of high quality red Port wines. With a dark red color and aroma of cherries along with an elegant floral character, this wine turns out to be quite balanced and fresh, with a firm and robust finish.$45,26
- QuickviewFonseca Quinta do Panascal 2004 Vintage Port is a very intense and dense wine with concentrated blackberry aromas Full-bodied and medium sweet; it is ready to be enjoyed. Book a few bottles in your wine cellar and enjoy its evolution. Bottled in 2006$79,58
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2005 has a black colour with purple reflections, an exotic aroma of woods and floral fragrances that contrast with the opulent fruit. On the nose it is possible to feel the fragrance of eucalyptus and wild notes of lavender and Mint.$69,18
- QuickviewA deep ruby color Porto with an aroma of great intensity and complexity, and special emphasis on the balsamic notes of resin, stems as well as floral and fruity notes, such as basil, red fruits, black fruits and spices. On the palate is a full-bodied Port, with an excellent balance between the vibrant acidity and firm tannins. The fruity flavor of raspberry, strawberry and blackberry and the spicy black pepper, provide an irresistible and fruity finish. A magnificent LBV that reflects Sandeman's two hundred years of experience.$22,10
- QuickviewA Wine of traditional production, Graham's Tawny 10 years Old, is a tribute to the passion for this production method and to the artisans. To appreciator of quality and accuracy in every detail, this wine is a great expression of a Tawny Port. Graham's Tawny 10 Years comes from a fascinating selection of reserve wines, aged on a average of 10 years. With a reddish orange colour and complex bouquet of nuts such as walnuts combined with notes of honey and figs. Fruity, velvety and matured flavour, it allows a soft, long and perfect aftertaste. Enjoy this treasure in this 20 cl bottle so you can take this 10 years anywhere.$13,63
- QuickviewThe Fonseca Terra Prima was the first Port Wine produced only with grapes from a organic viticulture. The Fonseca House was one of the pioneers in the organic viticulture, being Quinta do Panascal in the Távora Valley exclusively dedicated to the organic production. Fonseca Terra Prima is a fresh and vibrant wine with the combination of fruity aromas that express the best of organic grapes.$22,61
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage Bioma 2013 75cl has a deep purple color, accompanied by a purple border. On the palate it stands out the freshness and youth of the fruits, especially plums and blackberries. Its tannins, although granular, give strength and structure to the wine, eventually offering a very nice finish.$75,40
- QuickviewWith a vibrant golden colour, Pacheca Lágrima Port is a wine with sweet and fruity aroma, highlighting the fresh notes of orange blossom. In the mouth, is a full-bodied complex and buttery Port. It is possible to feel the sweetness of ripe fruits and slight notes of honey. Enjoy your Pacheca Lágrima Port fresh as an aperitif or to pair with a foie gras appetizer or even with an irresistible dessert.$12,62
- QuickviewDow's LBV 2009 Port comes from two of the best farms in Douro Valley: Quinta do Bomfim, ancient vineyards, and Quinta Senhora da Ribeira, a mountain vineyard in Douro Superior. Its style is classic, very focused and filled with notes of spices, dark chocolate and intensely fruity hints, especially black cherries. Enjoy your favorite Port wine in a small miniature of 5 cl.$1,81
- QuickviewKopke White 10 Years is described by being a fresh and elegant Port Wine and also for having an amazing balance of flavours. It presents aromas of dried fruits as hazelnuts, figs and honey and some hints of citrus fruits like orange. On the palate is a full-bodied Port Wine with a long and persistent aftertaste.$47,71