VINTAGE PORT WINE
THE BEST PORT WINE!
This one is, for many, the best wine in the world and considered the most valuable Port Wine. Its elegance, colours and aromas are the perfect constant balance in all phases of its life in the bottle – a complete pleasure at any time that its long evolution in the bottle for periods of 10 to 50 years allows to enjoy.
It is an extraordinary wine, with rich and complex flavours, which the slow aging in bottle allows to refine and deepen its harmony. It is the ideal complement to be enjoyed in good company, drunk alone and celebrating the pleasure of a unique wine – true divine nectar!
Celebrate the birth of a child or a grandchild, the most remarkable moments of your life and of those you love with a sublime wine. Enjoy every vintage, and the secrets enclosed in every producer, every estate. A piece of history that needs to be told and savored with those who are closest to you.
Vintage Port wines should be decanted so that the deposit formed by natural wine throughout its maturation may be removed, and at the same time to allow their aromas to refine and develop the balance and elegance that allow them to be truly appreciated.
It is also an excellent addition to the end of a good meal, accompanied with nuts or dried fruits, or enjoyed with blue cheeses or any other cheeses of intense flavour.
WHEN TO SERVE
They are the perfect choice for the best moments of your life, such as big celebrations and great friendships. Enjoy a unique and a singular pleasure that you will never forget.
Nuts or dried fruits can add another element of pleasure by the contrasts of flavours and harmonies that they allow to explore.
The old blue cheeses or intensely flavoured cheeses, such as those from cow (as Stilton, Gorgonzola, Brie or Camembert, among others), from sheep (like mountain cheese, from Azeitão or Roquefort) or from goat (as the Chevrotin), can be the touch of refinement that highlights a new set of aromas and flavours that match perfectly.
HOW TO STORE
Vintage because they are wines that age in the bottle, should be stored with the bottle lying, in cold and dark places (ideal temperature 15 º C) to allow the cork to remain humid at all times.
Vintage are wines that should be drunk quickly or at most within 48 hours, and properly secured to prevent its contact with air to be prolonged. Give privilege to a decanter with stopper, to better maintain its aromas.
- QuickviewFonseca Quinta do Panascal 1998 Vintage Port has a fruity flavour and is a very fragrant wine. Medium-bodied wine, very well structured and that is ready to be savoured. Book a few bottles in your wine cellar and enjoy its evolution. Bottled in 200194,99€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2003 Port Wine elegance and personality are some of the factors that contributed to this Ports distinction, which is considered one of the best in the world by the best 2010 sommelier, Luca Gardini. A Port Wine that resisted the phylloxera never having needed to suffer grafts. With full bodied tannins, that provide it good aging potential, transformed it into an exceptional quality wine.151,76€
- QuickviewWarre's Vintage Double Magnum 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. Take this wonderful opportunity and enjoy this wine, now available in a bottle of 3Lt.172,88€
- QuickviewDow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2010 is a Port Wine with origin in Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira, in which were produced only 4200 bottles. It is a wine that was not filtered before bottling and it has a great potential to age more than 30 years, intensifying its aromas and flavours.77,49€
- QuickviewThis is a Fonsecas Vintage Port of great longevity with a harmonious blend of cherry and plum flavours. Enjoy this Port at various times in your life.185,00€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2000 it is incredibly pure and concentrated ruby/purple colour wine, with a good depth. On the palate is intense with very sweet blackberries notes and on the nose you will find aromas of cassis, chocolate, liquorice and spice. It is an elegant, full bodied wine, with a moderate sweetness.195,00€
- QuickviewCroft Quinta da Roeda 2002 Vintage is the result of a year with dry weather, however, at the last stage of ripening of the grapes it was pointed out a precipitation through out the region of Douro. It was thought that this year's harvest would be lost if it wasn't the perfect ripeness of the grapes, the effect of the rain could have been devastating. The grape harvest started in the Douro at 23 of September and since the weather was hot the result was better then the expected, allowing the production of Port Wines with great quality.75,50€
- QuickviewFonseca Vintage 1997 Port is a young and elegant Vintage Port with ripe berries aroma; a Fonsecas "Classic that you'll want to savour several times. It is also a great gift for someone very special. Enjoy the good times of life in good company.246,00€
- QuickviewWarre’s Vintage 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. In a special edition of 6Lt you can now complete your wine cellar with this amazing Vintage678,36€
- QuickviewThe Kopke Vintage 1997 is a Port Wine with an intense red colour and aromas of ripe red fruits and complex hints of spices. On the palate is as a very full-bodied and structured Port, with vigorous tannins. It presents complex and floral aromas, providing a long and persistent aftertaste.88,56€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a quite balanced Vintage, with a great concentration and at the same time very elagant and delicate. Is a mineral Port with some balsamic notes, delicate flavour and elegant tannins. It features floral and fruity aromas that provide a long finish.98,40€
- QuickviewQuinta Senhora da Ribeira wine cellars are one the most modern of Douro, being combined with the best of traditional winemaking methods, developed during centuries. The dedication and care invested with the cellars transposes to their exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port Wines have a place of distinction. The superb quality and bottling expresses a great exuberance. Dow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2006 is a full-bodied Port Wine, with strong tannins, although immature.m The flavour of blackberries provide it its intense and deep dark colour. With a mystic perfume, in this wine stands out the notes of tobacco, herbs and spring fresh flowers is now avaiable in a 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) edition to celebrate a special moment.254,73€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.151,61€
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Port 2007 This is a fragrant Port wine with black cherry and violet aromas and a touch of eucalyptus. A good choice for a Vintage to accompany the end of a meal.Ageing Period: Aged for 24 months in oak casks and then in bottles for several years.123,00€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and elegant, light greenish notes. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, with firm tannins that provide a long finish. All the charm and elegance of a Vintage reunited in a irresistible 1, 5Lt bottle that you can offer to your best friend!146,41€
- QuickviewThe Symington family, known for producing several much-admired Port wines from several reputable brands, has launched what is considered a magnificent Vintage: Dow's Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2015. Quinta Senhora da Ribeira is one of the most isolated vineyards in the Douro and, together with Quinta do Bomfim, provides the best grapes that originate the Dow's wine. The finest grape varieties of Touriga Nacional and Franca, as well as small portions of Sousão grapes, resulted in an exceptional opaque purple-black Port wine, with great complexity, refreshing tannins and a balanced acidity.66,54€
- QuickviewFonseca Vintage 2009 Port Reserve, right now, a Fonseca Vintage Port wine that will be more appreciated if consumed from 2019 to 2039. Do not miss this opportunity to savour a great wine in a few years, celebrating the great moments of your, and of your familys and friends, life.135,00€
- QuickviewVintage Port is considered the jewel of Port wines, the only Port that has all the necessary conditions to age in the bottle. Warre's Vintage 2000 Port was produced by grapes of this year and it presents a central dark colour with bottle ripening over the years. The colour develops into amber shades and the fruit acquires greater subtlety and complexity. This 2000s Vintage is fruity in ripe blackberries, opulent and full-bodied. Its tannins form a structure of perfect harmony. A Port Wine with violet aroma and full of freshness.93,50€
- QuickviewIn the mouth has aromatic flavours of plums and cherry jam. It is a full bodied Port with a soft and satiny texture, being at the same time a subtle and elegant Port, that evolves perfectly in the bottle. Taylor's Vargellas Vintage 2002 should be stored with the bottle horizontally in a cool, dry, dark place. This wine should be opened 2 hours before serving, be also advised to decant it. It is a Port Wine perfect to serve after meals, or to pair with Stilton cheeses and meat dishes.246,00€
- QuickviewGraham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Double Magnum 2012 is a special edition of Graham's, being produced few bottles of it. It is an edition where Port Wine quality is considered excellent. Enjoy this special edition of a 3Lt bottle.349,70€
- QuickviewNiepoort Bioma is the excellence Vintage Port from Niepoort. The concept "Bioma" comes from the fact of this wine being produced only with grapes from a single vineyard, the Pisca Vineyard. The Niepoort Vintage 2008 Bioma is a Port Wine with an intense and bright colour, a refined aroma of black fruits, notes of pepper and a mineral and earthy character.72,84€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a smooth Port, with perfectly integrated tannis and a velvety aftertaste.. A dark charcoal colour wine with aromas of violets and wildflowers and flavours of blueberries and blackcurrants, with slight chocolate hints. Do not miss the opportunity of having in your wine cellar this 4,5 Lts edition of a smooth wine.569,51€
- QuickviewDows House 1985 Vintage Port was produced from an excellent harvest, in spite of the high temperatures during harvest time. The effort to keep the fermentation temperature under control was very evident and led to an exceptional Vintage. Powerful, strong and concentrated Port that exhibits good fruit depth and ripe tannins. Purplish-ruby colour and powerful aromas of currant, blackberry and hints of spice. A full-bodied Port Wine with an average sweetness level and slightly chewy finish. Refined and inviting.107,78€
- QuickviewThis Guimaraens Vintage Port has cherry and ripe raspberry aromas and a touch of spice. A second Fonsecas wine with lots of character. A Guimaraens' hallmark. Immerse yourself. Bottled in 200359,80€
- QuickviewWarre's Vintage Double Magnum 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. Irresistible and worthy of sharing it with your closest friends this refined bottle of 3Lt.339,26€
- QuickviewThe process of making Vintage Port is a fine-tuned art. Charles selects specific parcels of vines from each of these properties to create a perfect harmony and balance. The proof is in the tasting. Grahams Vintage Magnum 2011 Port is more than the sum of its parts. If youve tasted, we think youll agree.181,97€
- QuickviewNacional Vintage Port is a wine produced with grapes from Quinta do Noval and it is produced in very limited quantities, sometimes they are only created some years in each decade. This Port is considered special not for the way it is produced but for its grapes, which come from old vineyards parcels that produce intense and high quality wines, that even though aged, they still have the freshness of a young Port. Noval Vintage Nacional 2004 is a wine with a deep ruby color and with a fragrance of berries, violets and licorice. Its mature fruit flavor will leave you with a very harmonious and taste in your mouth.730,62€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2014 Port distinguishes itself among the several vintages of the same year for the fruit purity and unique quality. Elegance, balance, harmony and delicacy are unique characteristics of Vintage wines, acquiring only this designation in exceptional years and only with wines that can reach the rigorous and selective standards of Noval. Quinta do Noval Vintage 2014 was distinguished with an impressive score of 17.5 / 20 by the renowned Wine Magazine.145,14€
- QuickviewA majestic Port that rivals with this Houses best (1985, 1977, 1970, 1963), a wine that will age well from 30 to 40 years. Do not miss this great opportunity to enjoy a unique and extraordinary wine and book a few more bottles, to enjoy in good company in the best moments of your life.175,00€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage Double Magnum 2007 is a Port wine made by using traditional methods. It is a wine that has aged for 18 months in oak barrels and was bottled in Mayof 2009 without any filtration or clarification. In this edition you have the opportunity of enjoying this wine in a family environment, since it is a bottle that allows several people to taste it.401,16€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage Wines come from four farms of the Upper Douro Valley: Quinta dos Malvedos, Quinta das Lages, Quinta da Vila Velha and Quinta de Vale de Malhadas. These farms produce extraordinary quality grapes for Graham's classic vintages production, and one of those wines is Graham's Vintage 2003 Port, which has endless layers of ripe fruit, where blackberry and violet notes stand out. Deep structure, liquorice flavour combined with strong rich tannins that make it a Port Wine of an exceptional complexity. Possesses opaque violet colour.102,00€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage 2000 Port has a deep ruby colour, of typical Graham's balm, where the ripe plum and blackberry are prevalent and cistus suggestions abound. Pleasantly mild Port Wine on the palate, despite its youth. Full of pure wealth and concentration, full-bodied, with great length, intensity and clean finish on the mouth.102,00€
- QuickviewThe 2009 year was characterised by a low grape production, much in part due to the very dry summer that was felt in that year. The harvest at Quinta de Vargellas began on September 12th and it was verified that the amount of fruit was greatly reduced, leading to a production of concentrated wines, with high sugar levels. Taylor's Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage 2009 is a deep black purple colour Port wine with sublime aromas of ripe fruit like plums, black cherries, cassis and slight notes of rosewood and clove.372,69€
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2008, benefited from warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes, as well as a perfect fermentation. Purple and magenta colour and robust fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas of Mediterranean slopes, evolving naturally and progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. Dense, sweet and lush is how we can describe this exceptional Croft Port.54,61€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and light green notes revealing a great elegance. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, revealing firm and long tannins.105,93€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2008 Port in another exceptional year. 2008 was a year of low production, which resulted in a more concentrated, structured and extremely aromatic Vintage wines that maintained its own characteristics and Novals high quality standards. Book this gift of nature now and keep this unique wine in your cellar to celebrate a special occasion. Bottled in 2010108,24€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2001 is a well structured Port Wine with a very dark ruby colour. The grapes of Touriga Nacional added to this wine, provide it a great concentration, while the grapes of Touriga Franca gave it its unique elegance. Complete your wine cellar with this 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) edition of this Vintage gold medal.408,10€
- QuickviewDow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2013 is a full bodied wine. It’s impossible to remain indifferent to the dark fruit notes and the firm tannic structure that provides a drier finish on the palate.The junction of the Douro grape varieties Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca provides an intense floral aroma of rock rose and violet, while the Sousão variety gives it the necessary acidity and light spicy notes.685,73€
- QuickviewA quite soft Vintage Port with a black colour, raspberries and plums aromas, a second, youthful Fonsecas wine that can be more appreciable if drunk until 2020. Order now and find teh Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage 2005, bottled in 200758,90€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort LBV 2012 is considered one of the most iconic wines from Niepoort. Produced from a magnificent selection of high quality red Port wines.With a dark red color and aroma of cherries along with an elegant floral character, this wine turns out to be quite balanced and fresh, with a firm and robust finish.39,70€
- QuickviewTaylor's Vintage 1994This is a subtle and elegantly well balanced wine with fresh raspberry aroma and chocolate flavours. Do not fail to make your reservation as soon as possible, ensuring an extraordinary wine to enjoy in the company of good friends!595,32€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2000 is a Port wine produced in small quantities, and was the first 21st-century Vintage of Quinta do Vesuvio. It is a wine of a rich and opulent dark purple colour, with aromas of violets. On the palate, it is possible to taste mature fruits and the tannins are firm. One of the best wines from Quinta do Vesuvio, now available in an eddition of 4, 5Lt. (6 bottles). Do not miss this amazing opportunity.596,76€
- QuickviewDow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2010 is a Vintage Port Wine created in Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira. It is a wine that was not filtered before being bottled and has great a potential to age more than 30 years, always improving its aromas and flavours. Enjoy this edition of 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) and complete your wine cellar with this magnificient Port Wine.430,50€
- QuickviewPort with a black colour and blackberry, strawberry and wild berries aroma, which is a very tempting second Fonsecas wine. Enjoy now and also book a few bottles in your cellar. This is a good option for happy gathering with friends.77,49€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2005 is a Port with a very intense colour like Chinese ink. It is a wine with aromas of violets and wildflowers. On the palate is a full bodied wine, with persistant flavours of blueberries, cassis and dark chocolate notes, +rovidinf a velvety finish. The creation of a 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) eddition, allows the biggest Port lover to have this treasure at home and share it with family and friends.450,52€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage 2007 Magnum is a Port Wine produced using traditional methods. It is a wine that has aged for 18 months in oak barrels and was bottled in May of 2009 without any filtration or clarification.167,53€
- QuickviewThis is a Vintage Port for early consumption, a wine full of blackberry aromas and a floral touch; a second, very intense Fonsecas wine. A good alternative that you will wish to find out for yourself. Bottled in 2000137,76€
- QuickviewFonseca Quinta do Panascal 2008 Vintage Port is a wine with a wonderful black fruit and plum flavour, with a spice hint. This is a rich wine that you can immediately savour, or later, by saving a few bottles to enjoy at various times in your life or for sheer pleasure. Bottled in 201062,00€
- QuickviewYear Notes about 2007 Wine Year and Harvest: The 2007 year had a rainy winter that replenish underground water reserves, after four hot and dry years. Wet conditions continued in the spring and early summer with low temperatures. In the first two weeks of September there were constant daily temperatures between 35 °C and 38 °C. These hot, dry conditions made the vineyards ripe perfectly, accelerating the sugar and phenolic compounds production while maintaining the excellent natural acidity resulting from a relatively cool summer. As a result, the harvest produced perfectly balanced musts which led to wines with style and elegant, full of vitality and with a concentrated fruity character and superb freshness.62,73€
- QuickviewThis wine benefited from a set of climate conditions: there were perfect ripening conditions with long hot days, followed by a short rainfall that allowed the ripening of the grapes. It possesses an opaque core and a clear ruby rim, with dense aromas, and a good definition, being more austere than usual. It present itself as conservative on the palate with a ruthless finish and orange notes.473,08€