VINTAGE PORT WINE
THE BEST PORT WINE!
This one is, for many, the best wine in the world and considered the most valuable Port Wine. Its elegance, colours and aromas are the perfect constant balance in all phases of its life in the bottle – a complete pleasure at any time that its long evolution in the bottle for periods of 10 to 50 years allows to enjoy.
It is an extraordinary wine, with rich and complex flavours, which the slow aging in bottle allows to refine and deepen its harmony. It is the ideal complement to be enjoyed in good company, drunk alone and celebrating the pleasure of a unique wine – true divine nectar!
Celebrate the birth of a child or a grandchild, the most remarkable moments of your life and of those you love with a sublime wine. Enjoy every vintage, and the secrets enclosed in every producer, every estate. A piece of history that needs to be told and savored with those who are closest to you.
Vintage Port wines should be decanted so that the deposit formed by natural wine throughout its maturation may be removed, and at the same time to allow their aromas to refine and develop the balance and elegance that allow them to be truly appreciated.
It is also an excellent addition to the end of a good meal, accompanied with nuts or dried fruits, or enjoyed with blue cheeses or any other cheeses of intense flavour.
WHEN TO SERVE
They are the perfect choice for the best moments of your life, such as big celebrations and great friendships. Enjoy a unique and a singular pleasure that you will never forget.
Nuts or dried fruits can add another element of pleasure by the contrasts of flavours and harmonies that they allow to explore.
The old blue cheeses or intensely flavoured cheeses, such as those from cow (as Stilton, Gorgonzola, Brie or Camembert, among others), from sheep (like mountain cheese, from Azeitão or Roquefort) or from goat (as the Chevrotin), can be the touch of refinement that highlights a new set of aromas and flavours that match perfectly.
HOW TO STORE
Vintage because they are wines that age in the bottle, should be stored with the bottle lying, in cold and dark places (ideal temperature 15 º C) to allow the cork to remain humid at all times.
Vintage are wines that should be drunk quickly or at most within 48 hours, and properly secured to prevent its contact with air to be prolonged. Give privilege to a decanter with stopper, to better maintain its aromas.
- QuickviewQuinta Senhora da Ribeira wine cellars are one the most modern of Douro, being combined with the best of traditional winemaking methods, developed during centuries. The dedication and care invested with the cellars transposes to their exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port Wines have a place of distinction. The superb quality and bottling expresses a great exuberance. Dow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2006 is a full-bodied Port Wine, with strong tannins, although immature.m The flavour of blackberries provide it its intense and deep dark colour. With a mystic perfume, in this wine stands out the notes of tobacco, herbs and spring fresh flowers is now avaiable in a 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) edition to celebrate a special moment.254,73€
- QuickviewThis is a Port with deep ruby colour with intense blackberry, raisins and chocolate aromas; a lovely wine, ideal for lovers of adult vintage, that you cant miss. Enjoy with relish in good company!199,88€
- QuickviewWarre’s Vintage 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. In a special edition of 6Lt you can now complete your wine cellar with this amazing Vintage678,36€
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2004 presents complex aromas in which spices are the star, standing out in particular the notes of clove. Very fruity on the palate, where it is possible to feel sweet flavours such as raisins, fresh raspberries and notes of rock roses and violets. A complex and bold Port Wine with strong tannins.59,04€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Vintage 2000 is a quite fruity with a complex aroma, combining ripe plum, red fruit jam, small-berry fruit as well as dark chocolate and pepper notes. Structured and full-bodied in the mouth, finishes off in a seductive velvety way with a hot and long aftertaste. High concentration of firm tannins which provides ageing potential.55,69€
- QuickviewThe Cockburn's Vintage Port Wines are produced only with the best wines, of years considered exceptional and aged in wooden casks and bottled without any filtering or clarification. The Cockburn's 2007 Vintage is a very intense purple colour Port Wine, with notes of cassis and a dry, elegant finish.75,93€
- QuickviewDespite the austere weather conditions, the vines were able to benefitiate enough from the existing water in the underground reserves, providing ideal conditions for the ripening of the grapes. The hot and dry weather of August was broken in time for two periods of rain, the 21 August and 1 September, which ended the season of ripening and gave rise to an evenly balanced and mature vintage. The grape-picking began on 10 September in quinta da Roeda in excellent conditions for the harvest. It's been a long fermentation times, allowing a full extraction and uniform, and in Mills the fifth showed exceptional intensity of colour and aroma.46,13€
- QuickviewTaylor's Vintage 2003 is an amazing wine with violet and black fruit exotic aromas. Do not fail to make your reservation as soon as possible, ensuring an extraordinary wine whose maturity should be reached from 2035 to 2060. Guarantee a good selection, right now, to enjoy in the company of good friends for many years!208,15€
- QuickviewCroft 2000 Vintage Port This wine benefited from a set of climate conditions: there were perfect ripening conditions with long hot days, followed by a short rainfall that allowed the ripening of the grapes. It possesses an opaque core and a clear ruby rim, with dense aromas, and a good definition, being more austere than usual. It present itself as conservative on the palate with a ruthless finish and orange notes.255,46€
- QuickviewQuinta de Vesúvio Vintage Magnum 2013 is na intense wine with floral notes, gooseberry and cassis. Its seductive aroma is provided by the amazing combination of Touriga Nacional and Alicante Bouschet. The addition of Touriga Franca and Sousão gives it complexity and soft notes of spices.135,79€
- QuickviewThe year of 2005 was a year in which were produced high quality wines, despite the extremely dry weather during the grapes prodution. Ramos Pinto Quinta de Ervamoira Vintage is a Port wine of intense opaque colour and violet shades. It is a Port with a stylish, powerful and intense aroma of the ripe fruits like blackcurrant, plum and blackberry as well as some notes of cedar, resin, rockrose and chocolate.52,40€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1998 is a Port wine created in Quinta's do Vesuvio most insufficient harvest ever. The bottle of this wine should be stored horizontally in a dark place and with a slightly fresh temperature. It presents an intense red colour with purple reflexions and wild berries and black cherries flavours. Enjoy this edition of 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) Vintage wine.430,49€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1989 is a Port Wine produced in a year in which were created several other surprising wines at this farm. This Port should be stored horizontally in cool, dark place at a temperature between 12ºc and 16ºC. It features a reddish-brown colour, as well as aromas and flavours of ripe fruits.105,96€
- QuickviewThe release of Niepoort Vintage 2015 Port is the continuation of the Niepoort tradition that, year after year, surprises with the creation of harmonious Port Wines, with great concentration, elegance and delicacy. Among over 60,000 liters of quality wines, in 2017 Niepoort selected a 20,000 liters batch as being the best of the best. The result is a Vintage with great complexity, strength and concentration, as well as incredible elegance and freshness. The tannins are quite vigorous, however with a silky texture. This is a structured and fresh Port, that presents a lower level of sweetness and a balanced acidity.62,50€
- QuickviewThis Croft Vintage Port produced in the year of 2009 will be remembered as a year of low incomes, owing in part to the small amount of fruit, but also to the effects of a very dry ripening season. The ripening season began with a relatively cold weather and so remained until July. However, August turned being a month with intense heat. An early vintage wine with a good and well balance acid.91,64€
- QuickviewA special set of Taylor's that reveals perfectly the magnificence of the 10, 20, 30 and 40 Year Old Tawny. The name "Century" comes from the sum of the years represented in four bottles. This collection comes with bottles of 37, 5 cl, an ideal gift to any Port Wine lover.73,55€
- QuickviewA majestic Port that rivals with this Houses best (1985, 1977, 1970, 1963), a wine that will age well from 30 to 40 years. Do not miss this great opportunity to enjoy a unique and extraordinary wine and book a few more bottles, to enjoy in good company in the best moments of your life.175,00€
- QuickviewDow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2010 is a Port Wine with origin in Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira, in which were produced only 4200 bottles. It is a wine that was not filtered before bottling and it has a great potential to age more than 30 years, intensifying its aromas and flavours.77,49€
- QuickviewA perfectly blended Vintage Port, with a very balanced blackberry aroma. This second, adult Fonsecas wine is ready to be savoured since 2008. Bottled in 200659,80€
- QuickviewTo celebrate the 170º anniversary of the Niepoort their were bottled 999 bottles VV Port Wine, where it was intended to create wine that presented the concentration and richness of original VV with the refinement and purity of Niepoort wines. The Niepoort VV Very Old Tawny is a deep brown colour with green olives reflexes. Presents a crystalline appearance and intense aromas of nuts, raisin, honey, coffee and smoke.1.457,55€
- QuickviewTaylor's Vintage 1977 is a youthful wine that you can certainly appreciate right now, but that can benefit from leaving it to age for few more years.It is a wine with floral scents and ripe fruity aromas. Do not fail to make your reservation as soon as possible, ensuring an extraordinary wine to savour in the company of good friends!485,00€
- QuickviewDow's Quinta Sra. Da Ribeira Vintage 2012 is a wine with aroma of violets from the vineyards of Touriga Franca which are oriented to the South and in the year of its production reached a perfect ripeness. In this wine is still possible to find slight aromas of blackberry and currant, making it fragrant and fruity wine.61,50€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a balanced Vintage, with great concentration and simultaneously elegant and delicate. Is quite a mineral Port wine with balsamic notes, delicate flavours and elegant tannins. It features fruity and floral aromas providing a long and harmonious aftertaste. Surprise your family and friends during a special dinner and share with them this fantastic Vintage bottle of 1,5Lt.160,26€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Silval Vintage 2007 Port has an open style with emphasis on fruit exuberance. It is an ideal wine for Vintage lovers who do not wish to wait too long, since it can be enjoyed while young. However it's excellent to keep it in the cellar and let it age to consume 2 to 10 years after bottling. Bottled in 200953,51€
- QuickviewVintage Port wines are bottled two years after their harvest, and then produced in a single year. The Niepoort Vintage 1980 owns a hypnotizing dark reddish colour, aromas of fresh fruit and spices as well as slight notes of cedar and rosemary. On the palate is a well structured wine with strong tannins and a lovely acidity.129,62€
- QuickviewWarre's Vintage Double Magnum 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. Irresistible and worthy of sharing it with your closest friends this refined bottle of 3Lt.339,26€
- QuickviewCroft Quinta da Roeda 2002 Vintage is the result of a year with dry weather, however, at the last stage of ripening of the grapes it was pointed out a precipitation through out the region of Douro. It was thought that this year's harvest would be lost if it wasn't the perfect ripeness of the grapes, the effect of the rain could have been devastating. The grape harvest started in the Douro at 23 of September and since the weather was hot the result was better then the expected, allowing the production of Port Wines with great quality.75,50€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2003 Port Wine elegance and personality are some of the factors that contributed to this Ports distinction, which is considered one of the best in the world by the best 2010 sommelier, Luca Gardini. A Port Wine that resisted the phylloxera never having needed to suffer grafts. With full bodied tannins, that provide it good aging potential, transformed it into an exceptional quality wine.151,76€
- QuickviewThis opaque purple color Vintage captivates any port lover with its intense floral aromas of rock rose and violet from the contribution of caste Touriga Franca and Touriga Nacional Douro. The addition of Sousão variety gives the Dow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2013 a good acidity and soft notes of spice.The respected magazine specialized in wine, Wine Spectator, assigned 94 points to this Vintage, recognizing their admirable quality.119,31€
- QuickviewDow's Vintage Port Wine is only produced in years of exceptional quality and represents a small proportion of the companys total production this year. Dow's 1980 Vintage Port is one of those extraordinary Ports with a remarkable ruby colour, quite strong and rich, with an intense and complex red fruit aromas (such as blackberry and raspberry), spicy notes, especially pepper and magnificent hints of chocolate. A fresh Vintage, quite full-bodied with rounded tannins. In the mouth, it conveys perfectly aromatic sensations extending to a slightly dry and long, prolonged finish.170,31€
- QuickviewDow’s 2011 Vintage is a dense and dark ruby color wine, whose flavor combination of plum, black cherry, violet, lavender and licorice, provide it a perfect and durable finish. Its magnificent quality gave it the award of 2014 Best Wine by the highly respected magazine Wine Spectator that distinguished it has the best among the 18.000 samples evaluated by the tasting team, with an impressive score of 99 points.421,10€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and light green notes revealing a great elegance. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, revealing firm and long tannins.105,93€
- QuickviewThe Kopke Vintage 1997 is a Port Wine with an intense red colour and aromas of ripe red fruits and complex hints of spices. On the palate is as a very full-bodied and structured Port, with vigorous tannins. It presents complex and floral aromas, providing a long and persistent aftertaste.88,56€
- QuickviewQuinta da Senhora da Ribeira cellars are the most modern in the Douro, without forgetting to combine the best traditional winemaking traditions, developed through the centuries. The care taken with the cellars is reflected in the Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port has a distinction place. Bottling manifests superb quality and a formidable exuberance. Dow's Senhora da Ribeira 2006 Vintage Port is quite full-bodied with strong, although immature, tannins. With wild berry flavours that grants it the dark, black opaque colour. With a mystical aroma, marked by tobacco notes, herbs and fresh spring flowers.63,96€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2005 is a Port with a very intense colour, like the Chinese ink. It is a wine that features aromas of violets and wildflowers. On the palate is quite full-bodied with persistent flavors of blueberries, cassis and dark chocolate notes, providinf a velvety finish.94,71€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.151,61€
- QuickviewDow's 2000 Vintage Port Wine is considered highly robust. Its colour conveys this particularity, a deep violet, so dark that causes blue and black reflections. Plum and cassis aromas, liquorice on the palate, spices and ripe fruit make this wine amazing. Full-bodied, slightly moderate Port, with dark fruit, great depth and structure. Firm tannins with medium finish with a typical, drier and spicy style.94,46€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort LBV 2012 is considered one of the most iconic wines from Niepoort. Produced from a magnificent selection of high quality red Port wines.With a dark red color and aroma of cherries along with an elegant floral character, this wine turns out to be quite balanced and fresh, with a firm and robust finish.39,70€
- QuickviewWith a bright red appearance and sublime fragrance of dark fruits like cherries and a soft floral character, make the Niepoort LBV 2012 a real temptation for Port wine lovers.20,30€
- QuickviewCockburn's Quinta dos Canais 2007 Vintage Port that reveals a high concentration of black fruit balanced by firm tannins. A wine of an exceptional year with an intense and opaque ruby colour. With an active fruity aroma, especially black cherry and cassis combined with violet and mint notes.44,28€
- QuickviewWith a deep and intense red ruby colour, Pacheca Vintage 2012 presents an amazing intensity of red fruits aromas, perfectly combined with the complexity and elegance of the berries fragrances. On the palate is fresh with an intense flavour of black fruits. This 2012 Vintage is a Port of great structure and volume, with a long and irresistible finish, being possible to feel until the end the amazing flavours of raspberries and blackberries.41,00€
- QuickviewBuilt in 1976, Quinta do Vallado is one of the oldest and most prestigious houses in the Douro Valley. With nearly 200 years of history, the Quinta do Vallado has shown over the year’s magnificent wine production. The latest is this Vallado Adelaide Vintage 2014, a wine that surprises by its intense aromas of ripe fruit and soft tannins, providing a lasting finish.41,99€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant wine, mineral with delicate flavours, a striking elegance and long aftertaste. It is a Vintage that you will not want to miss, and that is perfect to celebrate a special day with friends and share this 1,5 lt bottle.192,13€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage Double Magnum 2007 is a Port wine made by using traditional methods. It is a wine that has aged for 18 months in oak barrels and was bottled in Mayof 2009 without any filtration or clarification. In this edition you have the opportunity of enjoying this wine in a family environment, since it is a bottle that allows several people to taste it.401,16€
- QuickviewQuinta da Gaivosa Vintage 2003 is a distinguished wine for its quality, whose production is exclusive in years considered of exceptional harvest and quality. Special, elegant and distinguished. From grape varieties like Tinta Amarela, Sousão and Touriga Nacional, this Port of strong and structured tannins and chocolate nuances offers a harmonious finishing.31,29€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port Wine that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant, mineral wine with delicate flavours with na impressing elegance and a long aftertaste.107,01€
- QuickviewThe Secundum Port style can be described as a accessible Vintage Port that offers immediate satisfaction even though it has great evolutionary capacity. The Niepoort Secundum Vintage 1999 has a rich colour and intense ripe fruit aroma with delicate notes of chocolate and cocoa. Is a full bodied Vntage with firm but refined tannins and aromas of fresh berries and flowers.75,77€
- QuickviewFonseca Quinta do Panascal 2008 Vintage Port is a wine with a wonderful black fruit and plum flavour, with a spice hint. This is a rich wine that you can immediately savour, or later, by saving a few bottles to enjoy at various times in your life or for sheer pleasure. Bottled in 201062,00€
- QuickviewFonseca Quinta do Panascal 2005 Vintage Port is a wine with a fruity flavour, rich, luscious and with a fine floral aroma. A wine to savour now or to reserve a few bottles to enjoy later, enjoying the aromas that it will develop over time. Bottled in 200759,80€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2000 it is incredibly pure and concentrated ruby/purple colour wine, with a good depth. On the palate is intense with very sweet blackberries notes and on the nose you will find aromas of cassis, chocolate, liquorice and spice. It is an elegant, full bodied wine, with a moderate sweetness.195,00€