QUALITY AND TRADITION
PROBABLY THE BEST WINE IN THE WORLD!
Port Wine is a liqueur wine produced exclusively from grapes from the oldest demarcated region in the world, which was decreed in 1756 by the Marquess of Pombal. A unique region in the Douro Valley in Portugal, which combines the virtues of a schist soil, its privileged sun exposure, its micro climate of scorching summers and chilling cold winters, and the remarkable work done by Men with the construction of shale walls that prolong the slopes that characterize the Alto Douro Wine Region – a region classified in December 2001 by UNESCO as World Heritage. In here, a wine of extremes and excesses is produced – a truly unique wine, which is probably the best wine in the world.
Port wine produced here is made from a wide range of traditional varieties, most of which are native to the area, and so perfectly adapted to hot and arid conditions of the Douro, this being the origin of the unique and distinctive character of the Port wine. A huge diversity of wine types, which surprise you by its richness, intensity, flavour & colour and remarkable potential for aging and longevity, allowing the production of a wide range of styles – one of the most fascinating aspects of port wine.
The first recorded exports of wine with this name took place in 1678, but it was in the second half of the eighteenth century that a series of ’fortification’ practices have started. These consisted on the addition of grape brandy to the wine during fermentation, fortifying it, due to its superior aging potential, which became the great port wine we know today.
The trade and export of Port wine were, until fairly recently, connected to the river and the Rabelo boats. These carried the wines from the Douro region into the cellars of exporters, located on the coast, in Gaia, where it is believed that the last commercial trip of a Rabelo boat occurred in 1964. Nowadays, with the railway line and easiness of road transport, the tradition of Rabelo boats no longer exists, but was forever linked to the image of the port wine, as well as its history and tradition.
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Port 2007 This is a fragrant Port wine with black cherry and violet aromas and a touch of eucalyptus. A good choice for a Vintage to accompany the end of a meal. Ageing Period: Aged for 24 months in oak casks and then in bottles for several years.123,00€
- QuickviewThe Port Sandeman Vau Vintage 1999 is a wine with a deep ruby color. It reveals amazing aromas of fresh and succulent red fruits. In the mouth, it is a full-bodied and complex wine, with rich flavors of plums, strawberries and spices, perfectly combined by a good structure of soft but firm tannins. A Vintage of exceptional quality and modern style, representing Sandeman's unmistakable style. A Vintage that can be enjoyed with chocolate desserts, red fruit tarts, and intense, creamy cheeses.22,96€
- QuickviewDows House 1985 Vintage Port was produced from an excellent harvest, in spite of the high temperatures during harvest time. The effort to keep the fermentation temperature under control was very evident and led to an exceptional Vintage. Powerful, strong and concentrated Port that exhibits good fruit depth and ripe tannins. Purplish-ruby colour and powerful aromas of currant, blackberry and hints of spice. A full-bodied Port Wine with an average sweetness level and slightly chewy finish. Refined and inviting.107,78€
- QuickviewDalva 20 Years is a Port Wine with incredible aromas, in which stands out candied orange, spices and dried figs. In the mouth, the Dalva 20 Years is a very fresh and fragrant wine, with a long and harmonious aftertaste of coffee and cinnamon notes.57,54€
- QuickviewFonseca Vintage 2009 Port Reserve, right now, a Fonseca Vintage Port wine that will be more appreciated if consumed from 2019 to 2039. Do not miss this opportunity to savour a great wine in a few years, celebrating the great moments of your, and of your familys and friends, life.135,00€
- QuickviewThis is a fascinating Vintage Port Fonseca with fruit aroma and coffee and wild herbs notes. Its good wine to offer as a special gift, celebrating a friendship, or to savour with friends and family.140,00€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage 2011 Port was declared a wine that perfectly reached ripening stage, one of the greatest Vintages of the century. An eccentric aroma that combines Chinese black tea and ripe red fruit in fine blue-violet hues. Quite fruity, it engages in a cunning mixture of dark chocolate flavours, ripe, balanced and not dried tannins, in a regulated acidity. A complex Vintage with incredible intensity. With evident Graham's Vintage hallmarks, its style is full-bodied and concentrated with firm structure.215,62€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewBlack colour wine with a live raspberry aroma; this is a Fonsecas very velvety second wine. A good alternative that you will wish to find out for yourself! Bottled in 1997110,00€
- QuickviewPacheca Tawny Port is a wine that resulted from a blend of different Port wines, the young ones of 3 to 4 years of age that provide its freshness and youthfulness and the older ones with 7 to 8 years of age that give it its maturity.10,95€
- QuickviewDalva 10 Years is a Port that features a golden color with slight reddish notes. It is a wine with aromas of jam and dried fruits. On the palateis quite balanced, delicate and with fantastic flavours of fruit and spices. The aftertaste is long, slightly spicy and fresh.23,37€
- QuickviewGraham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Double Magnum 2012 is a special edition of Graham's, being produced few bottles of it. It is an edition where Port Wine quality is considered excellent. Enjoy this special edition of a 3Lt bottle.349,70€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewCroft White Port wine is made from a lot of wines made with white grapes of the upper slopes of the Douro region, including castes Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Rabigato, Viosinho and Gouveio. For three years, these wines are aged in oak barrels where acquire softness and character. Then, the wine is separated into lots with a smooth, full-bodied style. This port wine is bottled to be consumed immediately.9,56€
- QuickviewIf you are looking for a one of kind Port Wine, this Kopke Harvest 1965 is perfect for you. Considered 2015 Best Port Wine with a score of 98 points by the highly respected magazine Wine & Spirits, this wine surprises by its aromatic notes of marzipan, honey and roasted nuts it provides a perfect smooth finish. Coffret Kopke Harvest 1965 has a luxurious case and a unique bottle design, perfect for a memorable gift.265,00€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2008, benefited from warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes, as well as a perfect fermentation. Purple and magenta colour and robust fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas of Mediterranean slopes, evolving naturally and progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. Dense, sweet and lush is how we can describe this exceptional Croft Port.54,61€
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny is produced with grapes from low production vineyards of Douro Valley. They are young wines that result from several harvest and age for about three and a half years in old oak barrels. The Niepoort Tawny is a Port that owns a bright colour and powerful aromas of nuts and dried fruits.9,82€
- QuickviewPacheca Vintage 2000 is a Port with an intense ruby colour, delicate aromas of red fruits and smooth hints of wild berries. In the mouth, this Vintage has an incredible freshness, with intense flavours of black fruits, perfectly structured, full-bodied and with a persistent aftertaste of raspberries and blackberries. Now you can enjoy this magnificent Vintage Port in an elegant leather case with accessories. A sophisticated and original gift to offer to someone special.56,58€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira Vintage 2009 is a very expressive and intense Port Wine. Considered a healthy year, with little or no pesticide treatments, it originated this Vintage Port of remarkable harmony and perfect balance, with a bright colour, from deep red to purple reflections. Red fruits are the predominance of this wine, such as raspberry and strawberry, without missing the rock rose notes and cedar balsamics. The ideal maturation degree allowed the constitution of satin and voluptuous tannins.46,49€
- QuickviewDow's Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Magnum de 1999 is produced from grapes harvested at Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira which is one of the largest vineyards in the Douro, considered one of the best harvests of the century, a prodution from high quality grapes, assigned with a rate of A. Intense aromas of ripe red fruits, notes of violets and roses. This wine is really fruity and the aftertaste is powerful and elegant due to well-integrated tannins. Being a wine of the highest quality you can not miss the opportunity of getting the 1, 5Lt Edition.122,62€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port Wine that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant, mineral wine with delicate flavours with na impressing elegance and a long aftertaste.107,01€
- QuickviewDow's Tawny combines subtle fruit with delicious velvety nutty flavours derived from the cask ageing. It is ready to drink and enjoy when bottled and does not require further ageing.8,71€
- QuickviewTaylor's Select Reserve features a vibrant red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and features aromas of fresh fruit. This Port wine was produced from young wine batches and then, aged in oak barrels, in which gets soften and strengthen. The afertaste is long, fresh and intense. This Taylor's Select Reserve comes in an elegant case with a satin interior.13,42€
- QuickviewThis is a Dow's Nirvana Port with single characteristics in the aroma, in which the predominance of rock rose and violet perfume is easily recognizable. On the other hand, soft tannins and a velvety texture make it peculiar. Dow's Nirvana was produced to blend with chocolate. Dow's winemakers teamed up with the "Flanders Taste Foundation", a Belgian group of experts on food pairing, to get a final blend of Port combining chocolate in the best possible way. This perfect symbiosis between winemakers and the "Flanders Taste Foundation" team also allowed to refine this Ports batch, intensifying it with floral notes and voluptuous tannins. From this union and unique features a Port Wine was created, which combines with most chocolates, especially with dark chocolate in which the cocoa percentage is between 60 to 75%.15,99€
- QuickviewA Wine of traditional production, Graham's Tawny 10 years Old, is a tribute to the passion for this production method and to the artisans. To appreciator of quality and accuracy in every detail, this wine is a great expression of a Tawny Port. Graham's Tawny 10 Years comes from a fascinating selection of reserve wines, aged on a average of 10 years. With a reddish orange colour and complex bouquet of nuts such as walnuts combined with notes of honey and figs. Fruity, velvety and matured flavour, it allows a soft, long and perfect aftertaste. Enjoy this treasure in this 20 cl bottle so you can take this 10 years anywhere.11,96€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Tawny 20 years is a Port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots as well as smooth nuances of nuts. Get this lovely 37,5 cl Port bottle to add to your wine cellar.32,04€
- QuickviewNiepoort Bioma is the excellence Vintage Port from Niepoort. The concept "Bioma" comes from the fact of this wine being produced only with grapes from a single vineyard, the Pisca Vineyard. The Niepoort Vintage 2008 Bioma is a Port Wine with an intense and bright colour, a refined aroma of black fruits, notes of pepper and a mineral and earthy character.72,84€
- QuickviewTaylor's Fine Tawny Port is aged for 3 years in oak casks at Taylor's cellars. With reddidh brick colour and amber reflections, on the nose is possibel to sense fruity aromas, like figs and prunes, walnuts, caramel and black pepper. On the palate it is a round, velvity and balanced wine. Taylor's Fine Tawny is perfect to those who prefer a lighter Port wine style.11,49€
- QuickviewThis is a Vintage Port for early consumption, a wine full of blackberry aromas and a floral touch; a second, very intense Fonseca's wine. A good alternative that you will wish to find out for yourself. Bottled in 2000137,76€
- QuickviewWith a dark and bright red color, the Niepoort LBV 2012 fascinates by its magnificent aroma of cherries along with an exquisite floral character. On the palate, the fruit and its elegant aroma, although with a low concentration, provide a robust and firm finishing with a dry tannic.11,07€