QUALITY AND TRADITION
PROBABLY THE BEST WINE IN THE WORLD!
Port Wine is a liqueur wine produced exclusively from grapes from the oldest demarcated region in the world, which was decreed in 1756 by the Marquess of Pombal. A unique region in the Douro Valley in Portugal, which combines the virtues of a schist soil, its privileged sun exposure, its micro climate of scorching summers and chilling cold winters, and the remarkable work done by Men with the construction of shale walls that prolong the slopes that characterize the Alto Douro Wine Region – a region classified in December 2001 by UNESCO as World Heritage. In here, a wine of extremes and excesses is produced – a truly unique wine, which is probably the best wine in the world.
Port wine produced here is made from a wide range of traditional varieties, most of which are native to the area, and so perfectly adapted to hot and arid conditions of the Douro, this being the origin of the unique and distinctive character of the Port wine. A huge diversity of wine types, which surprise you by its richness, intensity, flavour & colour and remarkable potential for aging and longevity, allowing the production of a wide range of styles – one of the most fascinating aspects of port wine.
The first recorded exports of wine with this name took place in 1678, but it was in the second half of the eighteenth century that a series of ’fortification’ practices have started. These consisted on the addition of grape brandy to the wine during fermentation, fortifying it, due to its superior aging potential, which became the great port wine we know today.
The trade and export of Port wine were, until fairly recently, connected to the river and the Rabelo boats. These carried the wines from the Douro region into the cellars of exporters, located on the coast, in Gaia, where it is believed that the last commercial trip of a Rabelo boat occurred in 1964. Nowadays, with the railway line and easiness of road transport, the tradition of Rabelo boats no longer exists, but was forever linked to the image of the port wine, as well as its history and tradition.
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and elegant, light greenish notes. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, with firm tannins that provide a long finish. All the charm and elegance of a Vintage reunited in a irresistible 1, 5Lt bottle that you can offer to your best friend!$166,75
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.$13,42
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2003 is a Port wine of superb quality and elegance, with delicate aromas of violets and cassis. It is a wine that, although young, features a surprising harmony of flavours. A wine still produced using traditional methods, in which the grapes are stepped using the feet, worthy of a classic.$112,18
- QuickviewThe Port wines are produced with batches from a single harvest, which are then aged in wood before being bottled. Kopke Harvest 1982 has a dark orange colour, spicy floral aromas and delicious flavours of citrus fruits. When drinked it is possible to taste flavours of dried fruits and orange zest, providing a long and irresistible aftertaste.$137,16
- QuickviewCockburn's Quinta dos Canais 2007 Vintage Port that reveals a high concentration of black fruit balanced by firm tannins. A wine of an exceptional year with an intense and opaque ruby colour. With an active fruity aroma, especially black cherry and cassis combined with violet and mint notes.$53,97
- QuickviewThis magnificent Port features a vibrant golden amber color as well as a deep bouquet, revealing intense aromas of vanilla, oak and a hint of honey. On the palate is equally complex, standing out flavors of dried fruits, spices and nuts. It is a Port wine that reveals an excellent balance, and that combines perfectly the characteristics developed during the aging in wood and the vivacity of the wine it self. Awards and distinctions: 92/100 - Wine Spectator; 93/100 - Wine Enthusiast$111,34
- QuickviewKrohn Harvest 1995 is a young Port wine that features a red brick colour, aromas of ripe fruit, dried figs and walnuts. On the palate is elegant and silky providing a burst of flavour due to the good balance of the fruit with spices and dried fruits.$70,12
- QuickviewAmber in colour, and of an extraordinary complexity with layers of dried fruits, nuts and caramel, consumers consider it to recall a whiskey. In its aroma, this Cockburn's 20 Year Old Tawny Port, exactly expresses roasted almonds and dried fruit aromas, with great intensity and persistence. In this Port Wine, the wood ageing characteristics are notorious, as well as ripe fruit, which allowed it to acquire great silk like smoothness. It is sweet and elegant on the palate, medium-bodied, without astringency and dried fruit retro-aroma. Excellent balance.$32,78
- QuickviewA Port is a wine produced with wine batches selected from a single harvest, and that have a great capacity for ageing. On average, a Harvest must be placed to agek in oak casks for at least seven years before being bottled. The Noval Harvest 1976 is a Port wine with a yellow-brown colour and with delicious citrus aromas. On the palate has quite rich and complex flavours, presenting the typical flavour of an old Port with the freshness and vigour of a younger Port.$251,95
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewThe 2009 year was characterised by a low grape production, much in part due to the very dry summer that was felt in that year. The harvest at Quinta de Vargellas began on September 12th and it was verified that the amount of fruit was greatly reduced, leading to a production of concentrated wines, with high sugar levels. Taylor's Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage 2009 is a deep black purple colour Port wine with sublime aromas of ripe fruit like plums, black cherries, cassis and slight notes of rosewood and clove.
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewVau Vintage 1997 is a Port with a deep, almost opaque, red color, with intense aromas of fresh red fruits, especially plum and strawberry. This Vintage reveals soft tannins that provide it a firm structure, allowing it to age over several years. The balance between the fruity taste and the softness of the tannins, provide a long and elegant finish. A Port of exceptional quality and modern style that can be enjoyed young or after a few years of aging in bottle, developing rich and complex aromas over the years.$14,42
- QuickviewThis is a fascinating Vintage Port Fonseca with fruit aroma and coffee and wild herbs notes. Its good wine to offer as a special gift, celebrating a friendship, or to savour with friends and family.$159,59
- QuickviewFruity aroma consisting of plum and fig with syrup fruit, combined with caramel, vanilla and honey. This Cockburn's 10 Years Old Tawny Port leaves no one indifferent. With a dry character and with some minerality, it reflects its good complexity. Elegant and balanced flavour with fine dried fruit notes, mainly hazelnuts and almonds. It presents a velvety finish and a gracious after taste.$21,03
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance. Do not miss this sophisticated Vintage in a 37,5Cl bottle and you can taste it alone or with a good company.$40,33
- QuickviewCockburn's Special Reserve is the first great Port Wine that was launched by Cockburn's in 1969. This wine is aged in oak barrels for longer than normal at the reserve wines, which contributes to the unique identity of this Port.$14,66
- QuickviewThe ageing process of these wines was done in wooden barrels to promote a greater oxygenation. Its original red colour gives way to amber tones, its flavour is enriched by a combination of nuts, dried fruits and the aromas of red fruits.$15,45
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2008, benefited from warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes, as well as a perfect fermentation. Purple and magenta colour and robust fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas of Mediterranean slopes, evolving naturally and progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. Dense, sweet and lush is how we can describe this exceptional Croft Port.$63,01
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1978 is an awarded Port wine owner of a unique elegance. With a vibrant brick color, in the nose it is possible to feel the harmony of aromas as spices and delicate notes of dried fruits. On the palate is intense, well-structured and it has a magnificent balance.$192,40
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1974 is an example of another magnificent production of the Kopke house. With an amber color and slight orange reflections, this wine seduces with its aromatic notes of walnuts and hazelnuts. On the palate it presents itself as a well-structured Port wine with intense flavors without losing its elegance and balance.$167,48
- QuickviewSandeman Ruby is a vibrant red ruby wine, with a fresh and fruity aroma, where it stands out the delicate notes of strawberry, plum and raspberry. On the palate, it is also a very fresh, balanced and rich Port, marked also by the presence of ripe fruits like plum and red fruits. Enjoy your Sandeman Ruby with intense, creamy cheeses or with chocolate desserts or fruit tart desserts for finishing a perfect meal.$11,65
- QuickviewCasa Ferreira is knwon for the excellency of its wines and this Ferreira Ruby is one of them. Ruby intense color, revealing its quality. On the nose, it presents delicate aromas of ripe red and black fruits and soft nuances of spices and oak wood. On the palate, it is a smooth Port, sweet, full bodied and balanced, with smooth tannins. Porto Ferreira Ruby must be stored in a vertical position, in a place protected by the light, cool and dry, so that its properties remain intact.$7,81
- QuickviewUm Porto completamente negro com um aroma tenso e jovem a maduros frutos do bosque. É um perfeito digestivo mas também harmoniza muito bem com uma refeição de carne.$70,85
- QuickviewOffley LBV or Late Bottled Vintage Port is a reflection of the quality and excellence of the Offley House style. It is a vibrant red ruby color, its aroma is complex and it emphasizes its spicy character of spices, like pepper and clove, balsamic notes of resin, cedar and soft fruity notes, where it stands out aromas of ripe red fruits. On the palate, is a full-bodied wine, structured and with an acidity well balanced acidity with the sweetness of ripe red fruits. The finish is persistent and elegant. Enjoy your simple LBV or pair it with cheeses and delicious chocolate desserts or fresh fruit.$22,21
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny is produced with grapes from low production vineyards of Douro Valley. They are young wines that result from several harvest and age for about three and a half years in old oak barrels. The Niepoort Tawny is a Port that owns a bright colour and powerful aromas of nuts and dried fruits.$11,16
- QuickviewOffley Barão de Forrester 30 Years Tawny is an intense amber wine with greenish nuances. It reveals an intense aroma, of great complexity and richness, especially notes of caramel, coffee, nuts and soft notes of varnish and tobacco leaf, aromas acquired during the aging in oak wood over the years. On the palate, it is a very balanced, sophisticated and velvety Tawny, with a delicate structure. The finish is long and smooth. Awards and Distinctions: 92 points Wine Enthusiast Magazine; Gold Medal - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2014; Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014; Bronze Medal - International Wine Challenge 2014; - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Silver Medal 2013; - Silver Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2013.$69,50
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged. A miniature bottle of a 5 cl Port Wine that you will love to collect.$2,21
- QuickviewKrohn Harvest 1966 Port$422,84
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny Port Wine This is a relatively concentrated Port, full-bodied and very fruity; a great dessert wine and a great finish to a meal.$11,89