QUALITY AND TRADITION
PROBABLY THE BEST WINE IN THE WORLD!
Port Wine is a liqueur wine produced exclusively from grapes from the oldest demarcated region in the world, which was decreed in 1756 by the Marquess of Pombal. A unique region in the Douro Valley in Portugal, which combines the virtues of a schist soil, its privileged sun exposure, its micro climate of scorching summers and chilling cold winters, and the remarkable work done by Men with the construction of shale walls that prolong the slopes that characterize the Alto Douro Wine Region – a region classified in December 2001 by UNESCO as World Heritage. In here, a wine of extremes and excesses is produced – a truly unique wine, which is probably the best wine in the world.
Port wine produced here is made from a wide range of traditional varieties, most of which are native to the area, and so perfectly adapted to hot and arid conditions of the Douro, this being the origin of the unique and distinctive character of the Port wine. A huge diversity of wine types, which surprise you by its richness, intensity, flavour & colour and remarkable potential for aging and longevity, allowing the production of a wide range of styles – one of the most fascinating aspects of port wine.
The first recorded exports of wine with this name took place in 1678, but it was in the second half of the eighteenth century that a series of ’fortification’ practices have started. These consisted on the addition of grape brandy to the wine during fermentation, fortifying it, due to its superior aging potential, which became the great port wine we know today.
The trade and export of Port wine were, until fairly recently, connected to the river and the Rabelo boats. These carried the wines from the Douro region into the cellars of exporters, located on the coast, in Gaia, where it is believed that the last commercial trip of a Rabelo boat occurred in 1964. Nowadays, with the railway line and easiness of road transport, the tradition of Rabelo boats no longer exists, but was forever linked to the image of the port wine, as well as its history and tradition.
- QuickviewA Port is a wine produced with wine batches selected from a single harvest, and that have a great capacity for ageing. On average, a Harvest must be placed to agek in oak casks for at least seven years before being bottled. The Noval Harvest 1976 is a Port wine with a yellow-brown colour and with delicious citrus aromas. On the palate has quite rich and complex flavours, presenting the typical flavour of an old Port with the freshness and vigour of a younger Port.$251,95
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. A miniature bottle that will not want to miss.$3,09
- QuickviewA powerful Vintage Port. Only produced in years of exceptional quality, the Port Capela da Quinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2016 is just the third Port wine to be declared a Capela Vintage. A luxuriously perfumed and seductive bouquet stands out on the nose, especially floral aromas, like lavender, rockrose and eucalyptus. On the palate, it is a full-bodied Port, with a remarkable structure and simply exquisite. An inspiring wine that reflects the incomparable quality of the 2016 year.$159,44
- QuickviewInternacional Port Wine Day - 10th of September It all started when in September 10th of 1756, the government of Marquês de Pombal created the Alto Douro Wine Region. Today this region is considered World Heritage by UNESCO, distinguishing the beautiful landscapes and the amazing Port Wines. To celebrate this special day, we created an amazing 6 bottle pack with some of the most exquisite representations of what the Douro Valley has to offer.$81,68
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2003 is a Port wine of superb quality and elegance, with delicate aromas of violets and cassis. It is a wine that, although young, features a surprising harmony of flavours. A wine still produced using traditional methods, in which the grapes are stepped using the feet, worthy of a classic.$112,18
- QuickviewCockburn's declared 2015 as a Vintage year, launching a magnificent Port Wine that simultaneously marks the bicentenary of the brand, which was founded in 1815. This is only the second Vintage released by Cockburn's, therefore, succeeding the Vintage of 2011. Since the brand was acquired by the Symington family, several renovations and investments have been made in order to recover the brand’s reputation, which was once considered as one of the main ones in the Douro. Cockburn's Vintage 2015 reveals incredible aromas of black fruit like plums and delicate notes of eucalyptus. On the palate, it stands out soft flavours of red cherries. This is a Port of great vitality and with great concentration of fruit, well-structured and full bodied.$90,15
- QuickviewWith a deep and intense red ruby colour, Pacheca Vintage 2012 presents an amazing intensity of red fruits aromas, perfectly combined with the complexity and elegance of the berries fragrances. On the palate is fresh with an intense flavour of black fruits. This 2012 Vintage is a Port of great structure and volume, with a long and irresistible finish, being possible to feel until the end the amazing flavours of raspberries and blackberries.$54,98
- QuickviewWith an amber color, Kopke Harvest 1980 presents itself as an elegant and complex wine. It is possible to feel the harmony of aromas like dry figs and nuts, especially walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts. On the palate it stands out its silky texture with soft notes of honey and toasted nuts. Well balanced and powerful, this harvest Kopke is a one of kind Port Wine.$142,13
- QuickviewCroft White Port wine is made from a lot of wines made with white grapes of the upper slopes of the Douro region, including castes Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Rabigato, Viosinho and Gouveio. For three years, these wines are aged in oak barrels where acquire softness and character. Then, the wine is separated into lots with a smooth, full-bodied style. This port wine is bottled to be consumed immediately.$12,90
- QuickviewUm vinho cheio de vida, complexo e muito longo com um aroma a fruta madura, violetas e especiarias que o caracterizam.$24,76
- QuickviewIn honor of the legendary Baron Forrester, it was released a 20 Year old Tawny Port wine, made of high quality red grapes. With an orange color and yellow shades, typical of a quality Tawny. This Offley Barão de Forrester 20 Years Tawny has a great intensity and complexity of aromas, which include notes of vanilla, spices such as cinnamon, pepper and ginger, fruit like plum and hazelnuts, aromatic notes of exotic wood, varnish and cedar. On the mouth, it is a sophisticated, structured Tawny, with an excellent balance between its natural sweetness and firm tannins. The finish is persistent, velvety and harmonious.$42,25
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.$23,84
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny 20 Years. A feature of Tawny wine is that, as they become older, sediments are deposited on the casks and therefore the wine gradually gets a lighter colour. This is how Fonseca Tawny 20 Years Port wine gets a deep amber colour with golden highlights. With ripe and very concentrated fruity aromas and flavours, this Port has caramel notes, cinnamon and slight wood notes. It is intense, complex and powerful with a long and glorious finish.$52,96
- QuickviewThis is an excellent choice as an appetizer. Its rich and fragrant with sweet fruit aroma and honey hints. Let yourself go and try it. Serve it well chilled or as a long drink. Find out how!$11,91
- QuickviewExtremely perfumed with dark-berry and currant aromas. Hints of earth and spices. Full-bodied, round and medium sweet. Hints of resin. Opulent yet restrained. Shows ripe and beautiful fruit with clarity.$99,74
- QuickviewA perfect gift set for a collector or for any Port lover. The Sandeman Vintage Sandeman Vintage 225 Years, is a limited and special edition that celebrates the history of this Port Wine House with six unique labels designed especially for Sandeman Vintage 2000 Port. A Port Wine with an excellent complexity and intensity, where it stands out beautiful aromas of sea air, spices like pepper and cinnamon, balsamic notes and a slight presence of mint and red and black fruits. In the mouth is a full-bodied Port, with a good acidity, firm tannins and a long and complex finish.$902,80
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny 20 Years is a port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots and nuances of nuts.$75,37
- QuickviewSimply The Best Port 10 years for Decanter magazine, Graham's 10 years old Tawny is prepared with an impressive selection of reserve wines, aged 10 years on average. Graham's winemaker combines very old wines with other younger, giving a Tawny complex and elegant, with lush fruity that is the hallmark of Graham's. Extremely soft in the mouth, it has a great bouquet and a long finish.$2,50
- QuickviewHarvest Ports are Tawnies produced from a single harvest and then aged for at least 7 years in wooden casks before being bottled. The Niepoort Harvest 1934 is a wine of a vivid reddish colour and aromas of wood and nuts.$944,68
Free shipping for EU countries.
- Quickview2004 was considered a great wine year. The dry onset of 2004 regarding the weather conditions, followed by a good precipitation in August and a September with persistent sun and temperatures around 30 ° C, allowed an extraordinarily good harvest and a perfectly concentrated wine with great balance. This Ramos Pinto Vintage 2004 Port is rich in ripe fruit and firm tannins, with a strong berries flavour and a delicate resin touch. Long, persistent and energetic finish.$74,64
- QuickviewThe Krohn Harvest 2003 owns an intense red colour, complex aromas of caramel, nuts, chocolate and pepper. On the palate it is a round and creamy Port but with a well balanced acidity, being also possible to appreciate its youth and depth. Provides a long and deep aftertaste.$41,35
- QuickviewThe Port wines are produced with batches from a single harvest, which are then aged in wood before being bottled. Kopke Harvest 1982 has a dark orange colour, spicy floral aromas and delicious flavours of citrus fruits. When drinked it is possible to taste flavours of dried fruits and orange zest, providing a long and irresistible aftertaste.$137,16
- QuickviewThe Harvest Port Wines have the particularity of being produced only with wine batches from a single harvest, and then aged for at least seven years in wood barrels. Kopke Harvest 1999 is a Port with a dark golden colour, quite attractive and elegant, and fruity aromas of berries.$58,13
- QuickviewThe first Rosé Port created by Croft House, that would be the first in a new Port Wine style and an unquestionable reference: Croft Rosé / Pink. This Port Wine was achieved by a new technique capable of extracting fresh and fruity flavours and providing a subtle pink and delicate colour to the wine. The result is a wonderfully fresh and vibrant, full of fruity rich flavours and, but still unique and distinct.$18,13
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and elegant, light greenish notes. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, with firm tannins that provide a long finish. All the charm and elegance of a Vintage reunited in a irresistible 1, 5Lt bottle that you can offer to your best friend!$166,75
- QuickviewUm vinho poderoso, complexo e cheio de sabor. Uma mistura de fruta fresca com nozes, alperce seco e especiarias.$31,92
- QuickviewQuinta da Senhora da Ribeira cellars are the most modern in the Douro, without forgetting to combine the best traditional winemaking traditions, developed through the centuries. The care taken with the cellars is reflected in the Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port has a distinction place. Bottling manifests superb quality and a formidable exuberance. Dow's Senhora da Ribeira 2006 Vintage Port is quite full-bodied with strong, although immature, tannins. With wild berry flavours that grants it the dark, black opaque colour. With a mystical aroma, marked by tobacco notes, herbs and fresh spring flowers.$73,22
- QuickviewGrahams 20 Year Old is the Master Blenders quest for perfection, capturing the perfect balance between young and aged Port wines. A Port wine perfected for more than twenty year, to delight those in the quest for excellence. Time-honoured skills, craftsmanship and dedication are handed down from generation to generation at Grahams in the form of three unique arts the art of blending, the art of cooperage and the art of ageing to produce an extraordinary selection of Tawny Ports.$27,27
- QuickviewUm vinho com uma cor mais pálida e um estilo mais luminoso o que o torna num vinho com uma complexidade diferente do habitual.$14,62
- QuickviewCroft White Port This Croft White Port wine is made from a batch of wines produced with white grapes from their farms on the Douro Valleys upper slopes. Some of the varieties used include: Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Gouveio, Viosinho and Rabigato$12,62
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft 2008 Vintage Quinta da Roeda , has benefited from ideal weather circumstances due to warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes. With a deep purple colour and powerful fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas from the Mediterranean slopes, evolving progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. A dense, sweet and luxurious wine.$172,83