QUALITY AND TRADITION
PROBABLY THE BEST WINE IN THE WORLD!
Port Wine is a liqueur wine produced exclusively from grapes from the oldest demarcated region in the world, which was decreed in 1756 by the Marquess of Pombal. A unique region in the Douro Valley in Portugal, which combines the virtues of a schist soil, its privileged sun exposure, its micro climate of scorching summers and chilling cold winters, and the remarkable work done by Men with the construction of shale walls that prolong the slopes that characterize the Alto Douro Wine Region – a region classified in December 2001 by UNESCO as World Heritage. In here, a wine of extremes and excesses is produced – a truly unique wine, which is probably the best wine in the world.
Port wine produced here is made from a wide range of traditional varieties, most of which are native to the area, and so perfectly adapted to hot and arid conditions of the Douro, this being the origin of the unique and distinctive character of the Port wine. A huge diversity of wine types, which surprise you by its richness, intensity, flavour & colour and remarkable potential for aging and longevity, allowing the production of a wide range of styles – one of the most fascinating aspects of port wine.
The first recorded exports of wine with this name took place in 1678, but it was in the second half of the eighteenth century that a series of ’fortification’ practices have started. These consisted on the addition of grape brandy to the wine during fermentation, fortifying it, due to its superior aging potential, which became the great port wine we know today.
The trade and export of Port wine were, until fairly recently, connected to the river and the Rabelo boats. These carried the wines from the Douro region into the cellars of exporters, located on the coast, in Gaia, where it is believed that the last commercial trip of a Rabelo boat occurred in 1964. Nowadays, with the railway line and easiness of road transport, the tradition of Rabelo boats no longer exists, but was forever linked to the image of the port wine, as well as its history and tradition.
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be appreciated in a 3Lt bottle.$386,23
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewSandeman Quinta do Seixo Vintage 2013 presents a deep purple color, almost opaque. In the nose, reveals intense aromas, especially of cherry, raspberry, plum and blackberries, some notes of spices like pepper and nutmeg, and a touch of resin and cedar wood. This Sandeman is a structured Port, with firm tannins, a balanced acidity and presents flavors that resemble the presence of red fruits and spices. The ending is long and persistent.$62,69
- QuickviewKrohn 20 Years is a golden yellow colour Port with complex aromas of dried fruits, candied fruit and walnuts. On the palate is rich and with a long and persistent aftertaste, leaving in the mouth a fantastic flavour of walnuts.$61,29
- QuickviewWith aromas of fruit and marmalade and hints of spices, it is how we can describe Dalva 1991 Harvest. A soft and fresh wine that despite the time it does not lose this characteristic, and can get dried fruit, cinnamon and coffee flavours.$48,45
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Black is considered for its producers a new way to drink Port, destined to be enjoyed with dark chocolate or simply appreciated chilled, being also possible to use it as a cocktail ingrediente. Christian Seely, from the Wine & Spirits magazine described this Noval as a revolutionary new style of Port. He highlights the intense aromas and powerful black cherry flavours and spicy notes provides its juiciness finish. Quinta do Noval Black is a Port Wine "At the level of many of the region's best LBVs, this wine may become a staple for a new generation of Port drinkers." (Wine & Spirits).$24,94
- QuickviewA Wine of traditional production, Graham's Tawny 10 years Old, is a tribute to the passion for this production method and to the artisans. To appreciator of quality and accuracy in every detail, this wine is a great expression of a Tawny Port. Graham's Tawny 10 Years comes from a fascinating selection of reserve wines, aged on a average of 10 years. With a reddish orange colour and complex bouquet of nuts such as walnuts combined with notes of honey and figs. Fruity, velvety and matured flavour, it allows a soft, long and perfect aftertaste. Enjoy this treasure in this 20 cl bottle so you can take this 10 years anywhere.$13,63
- QuickviewWith an old gold colour, that time helped to create, this Taylor's is a rich and silky wine with hints of honey and dried fruit aromas. Become the best of hosts that everyone will envy. Enjoy this exclusive edition of a bottle of 37, 5 cl.$94,33
- QuickviewWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Vintage 2000 is a quite fruity with a complex aroma, combining ripe plum, red fruit jam, small-berry fruit as well as dark chocolate and pepper notes. Structured and full-bodied in the mouth, finishes off in a seductive velvety way with a hot and long aftertaste. High concentration of firm tannins which provides ageing potential.$63,16
- QuickviewCroft 2003 Vintage Port This Port is fragrant and possesses wild black fruit aroma and an exotic touch. The aroma burst from the glass: blackberry, blueberry, violets, cassis and morning dew, all with a fantastic setting. It is full-bodied, magnificent and majestic on the mouth, with a better definition and approach than ancient Port wine. Blackberry and blueberry flavours provide a mineral sense that crosses at the finish, with an imperceptible alcohol. This is a good choice for a Vintage Port and to savour pleasurably on several occasions. Ageing process: Aged for 24 months in oak casks and then in bottles for several years.$155,18
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant wine, mineral with delicate flavours, a striking elegance and long aftertaste. It is a Vintage that you will not want to miss. A bottle of 37.5 cl perfect to taste in a romantic dinner with your partner.$50,37
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 2001 is a Port selected from the harvest of the 2001 year, and then aged in oak casks and, finally, bottled. Is a Port with a quite appealing golden colour and with deep and exuberant nutty aromas. With flavours of dried fruits is na irresistible wine that you will want to add to your wine cellar. Do not miss the chance of getting this fantastic Port Wine of 37,5 cl and open it in dinner for two, to end perfectly a meal with your other half.$29,82
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2008, benefited from warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes, as well as a perfect fermentation. Purple and magenta colour and robust fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas of Mediterranean slopes, evolving naturally and progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. Dense, sweet and lush is how we can describe this exceptional Croft Port. Take home this lovely Port Wine bottle of 37,5 cl and enjoy it in a relaxing moment or share it with a special someone.$38,82
- QuickviewDalva Decanter 10 Years is a Port Wine that presents a golden colour with slight reddish accents.In terms of aromas, is a wine with lovely fragrances of jam and dried fruits. On the palate is a quite balanced wine, with delicate and fantastic flavours of fruit and spices, noting some spicy scents that end up providing a fresh and long aftertaste. This amazing Port Wine now available in a Special Edition bottled in a decanter.$57,05
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 1982 presents itself as a red dark colour Port Wine with aromas of fresh fruit and hints of cedar and rosemary. It can be described as a full bodied wine, with well structured tannins and a balanced acidity.$107,76
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny 20 Years. A feature of Tawny wine is that, as they become older, sediments are deposited on the casks and therefore the wine gradually gets a lighter colour. This is how Fonseca Tawny 20 Years Port wine gets a deep amber colour with golden highlights. With ripe and very concentrated fruity aromas and flavours, this Port has caramel notes, cinnamon and slight wood notes. It is intense, complex and powerful with a long and glorious finish.$52,96
- QuickviewTaylor's 30 Years Old Tawny Port Port with an old gold colour that time helped to create. It is a rich, silky wine with a touch of honey and dried fruit aromas. Become the best of all hosts that everyone will envy!$167,76
- QuickviewUm vinho com uma bonita cor tijolo, com aroma a maduros frutos vermelhos, caramelo, figo e ameixa combinado com notas picantes e de noz.$23,25
- QuickviewDow’s 2011 Vintage is a dense and dark ruby color wine, whose flavor combination of plum, black cherry, violet, lavender and licorice, provide it a perfect and durable finish. Its magnificent quality gave it the award of 2014 Best Wine by the highly respected magazine Wine Spectator that distinguished it has the best among the 18.000 samples evaluated by the tasting team, with an impressive score of 99 points.$599,12
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1978 is an awarded Port wine owner of a unique elegance. With a vibrant brick color, in the nose it is possible to feel the harmony of aromas as spices and delicate notes of dried fruits. On the palate is intense, well-structured and it has a magnificent balance.$192,40
- QuickviewUm vinho poderoso, complexo e cheio de sabor. Uma mistura de fruta fresca com nozes, alperce seco e especiarias.$31,92
- QuickviewThis bottle was inspired by the ‘bladder’ shaped wine bottles manufactured in England between about 1715 and 1740. The particular variant on which this limited edition bottle was based, with its narrow oval profile, is often described as having a ‘flat chestnut’ shape. The wine is a skilfully blended Tawny Port, harmonious and balanced, with all the intensity and finesse derived from ageing in seasoned oak casks.$56,89
- QuickviewThis is a Vintage Port for early consumption, a wine full of blackberry aromas and a floral touch; a second, very intense Fonseca's wine. A good alternative that you will wish to find out for yourself. Bottled in 2000$157,05
- QuickviewCockburn's Fine Ruby is a Port Wine made from young and vibrant wines of several years that are aged in wood barrels for two or three years before being bottled. It is a wine that presents aromas of red fruits, being ideal to enjoy at the end of a meal, in a more relaxed atmosphere.$11,22
- QuickviewThis classic leather case comes with the irresistible Sandeman Vau Vintage 1999. A Port with a deep ruby color, it reveals intense and fresh aromas of red fruits. On the palate it is a very full-bodied, complex, with a god structure and smooth tannins, revealing rich fruity flavours of plums, strawberries and spices. 1999 Vintage Gift Set is a perfect gift to offer at a birthday or at Christmas.$42,07