PORT WINE TAWNY
THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR YOUR PORT!
This is an elegant and versatile Port Wine, ideal for enjoying anytime. Aged in wood, it can be enjoyed in a variety of occasions. It doesn’t require decanting, and can be served slightly chilled, which makes it particularly enjoyable, especially in summer days.
Each wine has its origins in several estates and reserves for its Skills and Flavours whose tradition and history dates back to the origins and culture of each producer. Appreciate its colours, aromas and character and decide for yourself, to enjoy in quiet moments or joyful confraternization.
Tawny Port Wines are red wines that age two to three years in tonnels, being then moved to 550-liter barrels, where they may remain for several years, originating other kinds of categories, such as the Tawny Reserve (7 years), Tawny with indication of age (10 years, 20 years, 30 years, 40 years) and the Harvest, which also remain 7 years in cask before being bottled. All these wines are ready to be enjoyed after being bottled.
Tawny with indication of age come from several years, whose average age is the one stated.
The balance achieved between the delicacy and elegance derived from the cask aging means that there is a Tawny Port suitable for every occasion – sometimes drunk alone, as an appetizer or while reading a book, and sometimes along with dried fruits. It can also be drunk along with a dessert, a cheese board, at the end of a meal or for pure pleasure in the company of friends where time should be going slowly.
WHEN TO SERVE
They are excellent as appetizer and can be served fresh, which makes them excellent choice for hot days. They can be enjoyed accompanied by olives, dried fruits, such as pine nuts, roasted almonds, prunes or dried dates.
TAWNY 10 YEARS
Ideal to accompany game dishes or conversations after meals, accompanying light desserts, such as fruits, soft puffs, hard cheeses, apple, orange or caramel pies. They can also be savored as appetizers, pâtés or with dried fruits.
TAWNY 20 YEARS
It combines very well with convent sweets, desserts based on dried fruits, eggs, caramel, vanilla, custard and honey, almond or coffee cakes. Ripened or harder cheeses with rich and intense flavour are a good accompaniment. Slightly cooled, it can also be used as an appetizer.
TAWNY 30 and 40 YEARS
Moments of pure pleasure accompanying a coffee, enjoying a cigar or in a good conversation between friends. To savor with time!
A good option for a selection of assorted cheeses, desserts made with chocolate, dried fruits, eggs, caramel or to enjoy with friends.
Wines of great quality that depend on the age, can work very well with more intense flavour dishes, or combined with the most popular creamy cheeses from cow or sheep.
HOW TO STORE
Because they are wines that do not age in the bottle, the Tawnys should be stored with the bottle standing, in cold and dark places (ideal temperature of 14 º C) and a humidity of 65 to 75% to prevent the corks from drying out and losing their elasticity.
To be appreciated in the best condition after opened, Tawny and Tawny Reserve should not be kept for more than 3 to 4 weeks, properly secured.
As for the Tawny with indication of age and the Harvest, they can be stored 1-4 months, keeping in mind that the older, the more time they can wait.
- QuickviewDow's Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Magnum de 1999 is produced from grapes harvested at Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira which is one of the largest vineyards in the Douro, considered one of the best harvests of the century, a prodution from high quality grapes, assigned with a rate of A. Intense aromas of ripe red fruits, notes of violets and roses. This wine is really fruity and the aftertaste is powerful and elegant due to well-integrated tannins. Being a wine of the highest quality you can not miss the opportunity of getting the 1, 5Lt Edition.122,62€
- QuickviewDow's LBV 2009 Port comes from two of the best farms in Douro Valley: Quinta do Bomfim, ancient vineyards, and Quinta Senhora da Ribeira, a mountain vineyard in Douro Superior. Its style is classic, very focused and filled with notes of spices, dark chocolate and intensely fruity hints, especially black cherries. Enjoy your favorite Port wine in a small miniature of 5 cl.1,59€
- QuickviewAs the name implies, this wine is particularly dry since most of its sugar has been lost in fermentation. A limited number of white grape varieties are used in this Port production, foremost amongst which is Malvasia Fina, which gives this wine its attractive fruity and crisp flavour. Graham's Extra Dry White makes an excellent aperitif when served chilled or as a long drink with tonic water and a slice of lemon.9,23€
- QuickviewA Case with two Port Wines of 50 cl bottles: Warre's Otima 10 years and Warre's Otima 20 years. Two awarded Port wines that you won't want to miss.52,99€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vallado Adelaide Vintage 2009 is quite impressive Port due to its concentration, depth of fruit and aristocratic profile. With an intense dark fruit aroma and full-bodied flavour with ripe and smooth tannins, which caress the taste buds with its velvety character. Port with excellent texture and complexity with long, persistent finish and no edges.44,03€
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 1967 is a wine form a single harvest of a specific year. The peculiarity of this wine is that it has no indication of age as a blended tawny (10, 20, 30, 40,), but instead an indication, it has the year mentioned on the label and, for this reason, an Harvest wine should not be confused with a Vintage. An Harvest wine should age a minimum period of seven years in oak barrels before being bottled.349,00€
- QuickviewWarre's Otima 10 Years Port Wine presents a quality that displays a lighter, contemporary style, eventually reflecting the current lifestyle. A delicate wine that challenges the perception of a Port that seeks to reach a younger audience, thus should be savoured fresh. Port with an intense auburn colour and dried fruit aromas, in which nutty and ripe fruity notes stand out. Rounded palate Port, light, with dried fruit exuberance and prolonged aftertaste. A Port Wine with modern and contemporary design, well structured, full of flavour and with an exciting complexity of flavours. A Port Wine with many awards.14,76€
- QuickviewA luxury Case perfect to offer to a special friend and na excellent way of surprising someone: combining a Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage Port and a Taylor's Tawny 10 Years with two amazing glasses of Taylor's.68,94€
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2008, benefited from warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes, as well as a perfect fermentation. Purple and magenta colour and robust fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas of Mediterranean slopes, evolving naturally and progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. Dense, sweet and lush is how we can describe this exceptional Croft Port. Take home this lovely Port Wine bottle of 37,5 cl and enjoy it in a relaxing moment or share it with a special someone.34,05€
- QuickviewThe 2009 year was characterised by a low grape production, much in part due to the very dry summer that was felt in that year. The harvest at Quinta de Vargellas began on September 12th and it was verified that the amount of fruit was greatly reduced, leading to a production of concentrated wines, with high sugar levels. Taylor's Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage 2009 is a deep black purple colour Port wine with sublime aromas of ripe fruit like plums, black cherries, cassis and slight notes of rosewood and clove.372,69€
- QuickviewHarvest Port Wines are Tawny wines of a single year, aged in oak barrels for at least 7 years prior its to bottling. Being wines from a single harvest, each year's personality is reflected in the wine itself. Dow's Harvest 1974 is a Port of one of the best 1974 batches, that aged in wood casks in Dow's warehouses at Vila Nova de Gaia.124,64€
- QuickviewThe first Rosé Port created by Croft House, that would be the first in a new Port Wine style and an unquestionable reference: Croft Rosé / Pink. This Port Wine was achieved by a new technique capable of extracting fresh and fruity flavours and providing a subtle pink and delicate colour to the wine. The result is a wonderfully fresh and vibrant, full of fruity rich flavours and, but still unique and distinct.15,92€
- QuickviewQuinta da Pacheca 10 YearsThe grapes from old vines were taken to the winery in plastic boxes. On arrival in the winery they were rigorously inspected on a sorting table. The grapes with their stems were then slightly crushed and transferred to a traditional stone tank where they were foot trodden. After this, the grape spirit was added to stop the fermentation and fortify the wine.15,40€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1978 is an awarded Port wine owner of a unique elegance. With a vibrant brick color, in the nose it is possible to feel the harmony of aromas as spices and delicate notes of dried fruits. On the palate is intense, well-structured and it has a magnificent balance.131,61€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance. Do not miss this sophisticated Vintage in a 37,5Cl bottle and you can taste it alone or with a good company.35,50€
- QuickviewWith a dark and intense purple color and opulent floral notes of violets and roses, Dow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Double Magnum 2013 can surprise any Port wine lover. On the palate has flavors of ripe fruit, with a remarkable balance and a perfect flavor provided by powerful and elegant tannins.342,74€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. Enjoy this bottle of 37,5 cl and share this amazing wine in a special occasion with your other half, for a unforgettable moment.5,17€
- QuickviewTaylor's Tawny 40 Years Port This is a quite old sublime wine, rich with intense coffee aromas, honeyed and a spicy touch. A Port for real connoisseurs who like to savour time!209,10€
- QuickviewThe year of 2005 was a year in which were produced high quality wines, despite the extremely dry weather during the grapes prodution. Ramos Pinto Quinta de Ervamoira Vintage is a Port wine of intense opaque colour and violet shades. It is a Port with a stylish, powerful and intense aroma of the ripe fruits like blackcurrant, plum and blackberry as well as some notes of cedar, resin, rockrose and chocolate.52,40€
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2004 presents complex aromas in which spices are the star, standing out in particular the notes of clove. Very fruity on the palate, where it is possible to feel sweet flavours such as raisins, fresh raspberries and notes of rock roses and violets. A complex and bold Port Wine with strong tannins.59,04€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1964 is created only with batches from 1964 harvest and has aged in oak casks for more than seven years, before being bottled. Presents a clear amber color and elegant aromas of dried fruits, with delicate notes of chocolate and coffee.307,50€
- QuickviewPacheca 40 Year Old Tawny is a wine which resulted from a blend of several wines aged in oak casks. Throughout aging, the wine gets a rich and intense amber color. The aromas are elegant and complex, highlighting the aromas of toasted nuts, intense notes of chocolate and buttery caramel, which are perfectly combined with the delicate nuances of fine oak wood.80,57€
- QuickviewBlack colour wine with a live raspberry aroma; this is a Fonsecas very velvety second wine. A good alternative that you will wish to find out for yourself! Bottled in 1997110,00€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant wine, mineral with delicate flavours, a striking elegance and long aftertaste. It is a Vintage that you will not want to miss, and that is perfect to celebrate a special day with friends and share this 1,5 lt bottle.192,13€
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 2005 is a Port wine produced in the Vale de Mendiz wine cellar, where the grapes were "stepped" and then aged in Vila Nova de Gaia cellars in barrels of 550 litres. It is a wine that features a dark red-brick with brownish shades. Its aroma is quite clean, fresh and elegant with delicate nuances of dried fruits and spices. Get this 2005 Harvest Port of 37,5 cl in our online shop.17,05€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.151,61€
- QuickviewA Port with intense aromas and flavours is this Dalva 1985 Harvest, which offers fantastic aromas of fruit jam, marmalade and spices. These aromas will change as the time passes by, acquiring aromas of dried fruits, cinnamon and coffee. All these combined flavours and aromas in a 1985 harvest wine that you won't want to miss.68,88€
- QuickviewHarvest Port Wines are created from wine batches from a single harvest and then aged in oak barrels for more than seven years before being bottled. Krohn Harvest 1999 is a Port that over the time tends to acquire a brownish colour and complex aromas of nuts and hazelnuts, as weel as soft and silky flavours. It provides a long and persistent aftertaste.40,59€
- QuickviewHarvest wines are Tawny Ports from a single year, aged in wood casks for, at least, 7 years, and one tradition of Niepoort is aging the harvest wines a few more years before bottling.In this Niepoort Harvest 1997 it stands out its aroma and taste of candied fruits, roasted nuts and soft notes of smoke.147,27€
- QuickviewDow's Vintage 2003 is a Port Wine with a dark and intense colour, light and diverse aromas of rock-rose. It is a wine with strong tannins and rich fruity flavours with hints of dark chocolate and pepper. Dow's Vintage 2003 is a wine with great ageing potential so do not miss the opportunity of adding it to your wine cellar.81,80€
- QuickviewThe harvest from which resulted the Croft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2008, benefited from warm days combined with cold nights, allowing the perfect ripening of the grapes, as well as a perfect fermentation. Purple and magenta colour and robust fragrances of rockrose, eucalyptus and typical aromas of Mediterranean slopes, evolving naturally and progressively to a smooth aroma of raspberry jam. Dense, sweet and lush is how we can describe this exceptional Croft Port.54,61€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1984 is produced with batches from 1984 harvest. It is a Port of a very intense amber colour, concentrated and with complex aromas of dried fruits, spices and hints of vanilla. On the palate this wine is refined and elegant, with a unique freshness. Don't miss the opportunity of enjoy this elegant 37.5 cl editionand share it with your better half.143,91€
- QuickviewHarvest Port wines are tawny wines of a single year aged in oak barrels for at least 7 years befor being bottled. Being wines from a single harvest, each year's personality is reflected in the wine itself. Dow's Harvest 2002 is a Port Wine from the best batches of 2002 harvest, that aged in wood casks at Dow's warehouses in Vila Nova de Gaia.24,53€
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny 20 Years. A feature of Tawny wine is that, as they become older, sediments are deposited on the casks and therefore the wine gradually gets a lighter colour. This is how Fonseca Tawny 20 Years Port wine gets a deep amber colour with golden highlights. With ripe and very concentrated fruity aromas and flavours, this Port has caramel notes, cinnamon and slight wood notes. It is intense, complex and powerful with a long and glorious finish.46,74€
- QuickviewFruity aroma consisting of plum and fig with syrup fruit, combined with caramel, vanilla and honey. This Cockburn's 10 Years Old Tawny Port leaves no one indifferent. With a dry character and with some minerality, it reflects its good complexity. Elegant and balanced flavour with fine dried fruit notes, mainly hazelnuts and almonds. It presents a velvety finish and a gracious after taste.18,55€
- QuickviewPort is a Portuguese fortified wine that is produced in and around the city of Porto and the Douro valley. Port is typically a sweet red wine that is usually served as an after dinner drink.5,97€
- QuickviewQuinta Senhora da Ribeira wine cellars are one the most modern of Douro, being combined with the best of traditional winemaking methods, developed during centuries. The dedication and care invested with the cellars transposes to their exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port Wines have a place of distinction. The superb quality and bottling expresses a great exuberance. Dow’s Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2006 is a full-bodied Port Wine, with strong tannins, although immature.m The flavour of blackberries provide it its intense and deep dark colour. With a mystic perfume, in this wine stands out the notes of tobacco, herbs and spring fresh flowers is now avaiable in a 4, 5Lt (6 bottles) edition to celebrate a special moment.254,73€
- QuickviewFonseca Quinta do Panascal 2004 Vintage Port is a very intense and dense wine with concentrated blackberry aromas Full-bodied and medium sweet; it is ready to be enjoyed. Book a few bottles in your wine cellar and enjoy its evolution. Bottled in 200669,80€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.20,91€
- QuickviewCroft Quinta da Roeda 2002 Vintage is the result of a year with dry weather, however, at the last stage of ripening of the grapes it was pointed out a precipitation through out the region of Douro. It was thought that this year's harvest would be lost if it wasn't the perfect ripeness of the grapes, the effect of the rain could have been devastating. The grape harvest started in the Douro at 23 of September and since the weather was hot the result was better then the expected, allowing the production of Port Wines with great quality.75,50€
- QuickviewGraham's Stone Terraces Vintage 2015 is the second Vintage produced from the stone terraces of Quinta dos Malvedos. Although still young, it reveals an exceptional elegance and complexity, with a prospect that it will ages superbly. This Port wine reveals sublime floral aromas; bouquet of roses and violets. It is still possible to note the very discreet presence of caramel notes. On the palate, it is a rich and elegant Vintage with some mineral freshness and soft notes of spices.232,99€
- QuickviewThe C.N. Kopke is the oldest company in Portugal that is dedicated to the Port Wine production since 1638. Kopke is considered a prestigious brand and reference in the national and international market. The 20 year old Kopke is an amazing Port to enjoy in the company of some dear friends or family.49,00€
- QuickviewKrohn Harvest 1995 is a young Port wine that features a red brick colour, aromas of ripe fruit, dried figs and walnuts. On the palate is elegant and silky providing a burst of flavour due to the good balance of the fruit with spices and dried fruits.54,00€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage 2000 Port has a deep ruby colour, of typical Graham's balm, where the ripe plum and blackberry are prevalent and cistus suggestions abound. Pleasantly mild Port Wine on the palate, despite its youth. Full of pure wealth and concentration, full-bodied, with great length, intensity and clean finish on the mouth.102,00€