PORT WINE TAWNY
THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR YOUR PORT!
This is an elegant and versatile Port Wine, ideal for enjoying anytime. Aged in wood, it can be enjoyed in a variety of occasions. It doesn’t require decanting, and can be served slightly chilled, which makes it particularly enjoyable, especially in summer days.
Each wine has its origins in several estates and reserves for its Skills and Flavours whose tradition and history dates back to the origins and culture of each producer. Appreciate its colours, aromas and character and decide for yourself, to enjoy in quiet moments or joyful confraternization.
Tawny Port Wines are red wines that age two to three years in tonnels, being then moved to 550-liter barrels, where they may remain for several years, originating other kinds of categories, such as the Tawny Reserve (7 years), Tawny with indication of age (10 years, 20 years, 30 years, 40 years) and the Harvest, which also remain 7 years in cask before being bottled. All these wines are ready to be enjoyed after being bottled.
Tawny with indication of age come from several years, whose average age is the one stated.
The balance achieved between the delicacy and elegance derived from the cask aging means that there is a Tawny Port suitable for every occasion – sometimes drunk alone, as an appetizer or while reading a book, and sometimes along with dried fruits. It can also be drunk along with a dessert, a cheese board, at the end of a meal or for pure pleasure in the company of friends where time should be going slowly.
WHEN TO SERVE
They are excellent as appetizer and can be served fresh, which makes them excellent choice for hot days. They can be enjoyed accompanied by olives, dried fruits, such as pine nuts, roasted almonds, prunes or dried dates.
TAWNY 10 YEARS
Ideal to accompany game dishes or conversations after meals, accompanying light desserts, such as fruits, soft puffs, hard cheeses, apple, orange or caramel pies. They can also be savored as appetizers, pâtés or with dried fruits.
TAWNY 20 YEARS
It combines very well with convent sweets, desserts based on dried fruits, eggs, caramel, vanilla, custard and honey, almond or coffee cakes. Ripened or harder cheeses with rich and intense flavour are a good accompaniment. Slightly cooled, it can also be used as an appetizer.
TAWNY 30 and 40 YEARS
Moments of pure pleasure accompanying a coffee, enjoying a cigar or in a good conversation between friends. To savor with time!
A good option for a selection of assorted cheeses, desserts made with chocolate, dried fruits, eggs, caramel or to enjoy with friends.
Wines of great quality that depend on the age, can work very well with more intense flavour dishes, or combined with the most popular creamy cheeses from cow or sheep.
HOW TO STORE
Because they are wines that do not age in the bottle, the Tawnys should be stored with the bottle standing, in cold and dark places (ideal temperature of 14 º C) and a humidity of 65 to 75% to prevent the corks from drying out and losing their elasticity.
To be appreciated in the best condition after opened, Tawny and Tawny Reserve should not be kept for more than 3 to 4 weeks, properly secured.
As for the Tawny with indication of age and the Harvest, they can be stored 1-4 months, keeping in mind that the older, the more time they can wait.
- QuickviewA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. A miniature bottle that will not want to miss.2,60€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Vintage 2000 is a quite fruity with a complex aroma, combining ripe plum, red fruit jam, small-berry fruit as well as dark chocolate and pepper notes. Structured and full-bodied in the mouth, finishes off in a seductive velvety way with a hot and long aftertaste. High concentration of firm tannins which provides ageing potential.55,69€
- QuickviewHarvest Ports are produced with selected batches from a single harvest year that are putten to age in oak barrels for at least seven years. Krohn Harvest 1983 is a very concentrated and complex Port Wine when it comes to scents. It features delicious sweet flavours of plums and spices.418,20€
- QuickviewWith a bright red appearance and sublime fragrance of dark fruits like cherries and a soft floral character, make the Niepoort LBV 2012 a real temptation for Port wine lovers.20,30€
- QuickviewQuinta da Pacheca 10 YearsThe grapes from old vines were taken to the winery in plastic boxes. On arrival in the winery they were rigorously inspected on a sorting table. The grapes with their stems were then slightly crushed and transferred to a traditional stone tank where they were foot trodden. After this, the grape spirit was added to stop the fermentation and fortify the wine.15,40€
- QuickviewGraham's 2009 Late Bottled Vintage has a deep almost opaque colour, with an intense dark red rim. On the nose, elegant aromas of red fruit and eucalyptus, combined with freshly picked mint and notes of the distinctive Douro Rockrose (Gum Cistus). On the palate, rich red fruit flavours balanced by taut, peppery tannins. There is a fine backbone of schist minerality and balanced acidity, with a long and satisfying finish. It should be served slightly cool, between 12 and 16° Celsius.1,59€
- QuickviewThis Dalva presents itself as a wine with aromas of fresh fruit and strong tannins. This collection represents 10% of the total production of a year, using only top-quality grapes (A and B). This Port Wine is very full-bodied and has a deep colour. The Vintage wines age two and a half years before being bottled and at should age at least three to four years in the bottle before being served, followed by another ten to thirty years to achieve the perfect point of evolution and complexity.41,82€
- QuickviewThis is an excellent choice as an appetizer. Its rich and fragrant with sweet fruit aroma and honey hints. Let yourself go and try it. Serve it well chilled or as a long drink. Find out how!10,15€
- QuickviewThe Kopke Harvest 2003 is a Port wine with a very intense red colour, reminding a young tawny. With captivating aromas of dried fruits, it stands stands out smooth notes of spices. On the palate it is a very delicate and sophisticated Port, with a good structure and with a well balanced acidity. The aftertaste is a long and persistent. Enjoy this Port in a bottle of 37,5 cl.24,85€
- QuickviewHarvest Port Wines are high quality wines from a single harvest year that are aged in wooden casks for at least seven years. Krohn 1983 Harvest features a brownish colour with golden nuances and delighful flavours of dried fruit and wood. The taste of an Harvest Port is very similar to a Tawny with 10 or 20 years but with a more elegant and complex taste.98,98€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. Enjoy this bottle of 37,5 cl and share this amazing wine in a special occasion with your other half, for a unforgettable moment.5,17€
- QuickviewThe harvest Port Wines are always a wise choice, as are wines produced from a single harvest and that are aged for about seven years in oak casks before being bottled. Dalva 1982 Harvest is a Port Wine with intense aromas and flavours of fruits, marmalade and spices. With the time this Port will acquire flavours of nuts, cinnamon and coffee.84,87€
- QuickviewTaylor's presents to the Port Wine lovers a magnificent edition of a luxury case, the perfect gift to celebrate birthdays or special dates. This case comes with two of Taylor's greatest classics: a 10 and a 20-Year-old Tawny. You can enjoy these two magnificent Port wines in the Taylor’s glasses. Do not miss this fantastic opportunity.116,85€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage Bioma 2013 75cl has a deep purple color, accompanied by a purple border. On the palate it stands out the freshness and youth of the fruits, especially plums and blackberries. Its tannins, although granular, give strength and structure to the wine, eventually offering a very nice finish.66,42€
- QuickviewThe 2009 year was characterised by a low grape production, much in part due to the very dry summer that was felt in that year. The harvest at Quinta de Vargellas began on September 12th and it was verified that the amount of fruit was greatly reduced, leading to a production of concentrated wines, with high sugar levels. Taylor's Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage 2009 is a deep black purple colour Port wine with sublime aromas of ripe fruit like plums, black cherries, cassis and slight notes of rosewood and clove.372,69€
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Port 2007 This is a fragrant Port wine with black cherry and violet aromas and a touch of eucalyptus. A good choice for a Vintage to accompany the end of a meal.Ageing Period: Aged for 24 months in oak casks and then in bottles for several years.123,00€
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny 20 Years is a port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots and nuances of nuts.65,73€
- QuickviewThe Kopke Harvest 1998 is an elegant and complex wine. Even though it has intense flavors is a well balanced wine.With a bright reddish brown color, presents a set of delicate aromas marked by the presence of nuts, spices, honey and fresh red fruits like cherries.51,00€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be appreciated in a 3Lt bottle.338,80€
- QuickviewDespite the austere weather conditions, the vines were able to benefitiate enough from the existing water in the underground reserves, providing ideal conditions for the ripening of the grapes. The hot and dry weather of August was broken in time for two periods of rain, the 21 August and 1 September, which ended the season of ripening and gave rise to an evenly balanced and mature vintage. The grape-picking began on 10 September in quinta da Roeda in excellent conditions for the harvest. It's been a long fermentation times, allowing a full extraction and uniform, and in Mills the fifth showed exceptional intensity of colour and aroma.92,25€
- QuickviewThe Fonseca Terra Prima was the first Port Wine produced only with grapes from a organic viticulture. The Fonseca House was one of the pioneers in the organic viticulture, being Quinta do Panascal in the Távora Valley exclusively dedicated to the organic production. Fonseca Terra Prima is a fresh and vibrant wine with the combination of fruity aromas that express the best of organic grapes.19,93€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1979 is an intense amber color Port Wine aged in oak barrels. It owns a complex fragrance of dried fruits and delicate wood notes, while on the palate it is possible to feel the balance of flavors as figs. The finish is perfect and it does not disappoint.130,38€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2014 Port distinguishes itself among the several vintages of the same year for the fruit purity and unique quality. Elegance, balance, harmony and delicacy are unique characteristics of Vintage wines, acquiring only this designation in exceptional years and only with wines that can reach the rigorous and selective standards of Noval. Quinta do Noval Vintage 2014 was distinguished with an impressive score of 17.5 / 20 by the renowned Wine Magazine.145,14€
- QuickviewDalva Rosé was the last type of Port released by Dalva in the year of 2008, produduced with the same type of grapes of a Ruby Port but with a more limited exposure to the grape peel, only long enough to make the wine pink. It's a very fruity Port that must be served cold or with a slice of orange. A wine with strong flavours of raspberry, strawberry, notes of cherry, honey and grapefruit. A good balance of sweetness.10,09€
- QuickviewWith a vibrant golden colour, Pacheca Lágrima Port is a wine with sweet and fruity aroma, highlighting the fresh notes of orange blossom. In the mouth, is a full-bodied complex and buttery Port. It is possible to feel the sweetness of ripe fruits and slight notes of honey. Enjoy your Pacheca Lágrima Port fresh as an aperitif or to pair with a foie gras appetizer or even with an irresistible dessert.8,00€
- QuickviewMade only from white grapes, this pale coloured Port is fresh and delicate. The grapes used in the production of Graham's Fine White are traditional white varieties from the Douro Valley, such as, Códega, Malvasia Fina, Rabigato and Viosinho. During production this wine has no contact with the grape skins.8,12€
- QuickviewThe Symington family, known for producing several much-admired Port wines from several reputable brands, has launched what is considered a magnificent Vintage: Dow's Senhora da Ribeira Vintage 2015. Quinta Senhora da Ribeira is one of the most isolated vineyards in the Douro and, together with Quinta do Bomfim, provides the best grapes that originate the Dow's wine. The finest grape varieties of Touriga Nacional and Franca, as well as small portions of Sousão grapes, resulted in an exceptional opaque purple-black Port wine, with great complexity, refreshing tannins and a balanced acidity.66,54€
- QuickviewQuinta Santa Eufêmia 20 anos White has a very similar process to the one used in Tawny Port wines, due to the fact of being made in stone lagares where the grapes were stepped by foot The fermentation was interrupted by the addition of wine spirits in order to obtain the intended 19ºC. This Port has aged for about 10 years in wooden barrels before being bottled. A golden colour wine that it does not present great fruity aromas but more complex scents provided for its long aging period in wood. Although it does not present extreme freshness it cannot be considered a heavy Port because when compared with Tawny wines it presents a greater freshness.41,84€
- QuickviewNacional Vintage Port is a wine produced with grapes from Quinta do Noval and it is produced in very limited quantities, sometimes they are only created some years in each decade. This Port is considered special not for the way it is produced but for its grapes, which come from old vineyards parcels that produce intense and high quality wines, that even though aged, they still have the freshness of a young Port. Noval Vintage Nacional 2004 is a wine with a deep ruby color and with a fragrance of berries, violets and licorice. Its mature fruit flavor will leave you with a very harmonious and taste in your mouth.730,62€
- QuickviewTaylor's Tawny 40 Years Port This is a quite old sublime wine, rich with intense coffee aromas, honeyed and a spicy touch. A Port for real connoisseurs who like to savour time!209,10€
- QuickviewThe Dow's Lagrima is a wine made from white grape varieties from Douro Valley which allowed him to obtain an incredible golden yellow colour In the production process of this wine its fermentation is intentionally controlled so that the wine becomes sweeter then other produced by Dows.9,84€
- QuickviewGraham's Tawny 20 Years is the pursuit of perfection between the amazing balance of freshness of young Port Wines and the complexity of the aged ones. An wine improved over 20 years to achieve the pretended excellence and delight the consumers. With an amber and tawny gold colour and complex but harmonious flavours. Rich aroma of riped fruits, nuts, such as walnuts and notes of orange zest. Impeccably balanced with a long and elegant finish. An elegant wine from 20 years ago in a special bottle of 4, 5Lt to ven the most demanding Port Wine lovers.244,60€
- QuickviewThis pack has a White Port Wine, Ruby Port Wine, LBV Port Wine, six grapes Port Wine and 10 year old Tawny.35,73€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1978 is an awarded Port wine owner of a unique elegance. With a vibrant brick color, in the nose it is possible to feel the harmony of aromas as spices and delicate notes of dried fruits. On the palate is intense, well-structured and it has a magnificent balance.131,61€
- QuickviewWith young colour inspite of its age, Warre's Vintage 1980 Port has more saturated depth. Full of fragrant aromas, due to black fruit, grapes, violets and cistus. Possesses a broad palate, sweet, spicy, rich and really decorated in a perfect understanding of generously aromatic ripening. Well balanced with floral elegance and excellent finish length.110,52€
- QuickviewHarvest Port Wines are Tawny wines of a single year, aged in oak barrels for at least 7 years prior its to bottling. Being wines from a single harvest, each year's personality is reflected in the wine itself. Dow's Harvest 1974 is a Port of one of the best 1974 batches, that aged in wood casks in Dow's warehouses at Vila Nova de Gaia.124,64€
- QuickviewWith a dark and intense purple color and opulent floral notes of violets and roses, Dow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Double Magnum 2013 can surprise any Port wine lover.On the palate has flavors of ripe fruit, with a remarkable balance and a perfect flavor provided by powerful and elegant tannins.342,74€
- QuickviewWarre's Vintage Double Magnum 2007 is a Port where each component of the batches ages for 18 months in oak barrels. The wine is bottled in May of 2009, without any filtration or clarification. Take this wonderful opportunity and enjoy this wine, now available in a bottle of 3Lt.172,88€
- QuickviewCroft Vintage Quinta da Roeda 2005 has a black colour with purple reflections, an exotic aroma of woods and floral fragrances that contrast with the opulent fruit. On the nose it is possible to feel the fragrance of eucalyptus and wild notes of lavender and Mint.60,89€
- QuickviewCroft Port Reserve is a Port of Ruby style that belongs to the Reserve category. This is a Port where the quality is superior and the long experience of Port Wine production of Croft House is well present, in which the wine fully justifies its price. Croft Port Reserve features an elegant case, enriching its presentation.11,29€
- QuickviewThe Krohn Tawny 10 Years is a tawny with a golden yellow colour and with a great complexity of aromas and flavours, such as wood, nuts and caramel. Is a bit sweet Port on the palate due to amazing flavours of walnuts, caramel and honey, providing a long and spicy aftertaste.28,91€
- QuickviewProduced with grapes typical from low production vineyards of Douro Valley, Niepoort Tawny 1,5L is a wine that aged about 3 years in old wood oaks.With a shiny color and silky fragrance of toasted dried fruits, this wine is an irresistible temptation.21,65€
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 1999 is a reddish colour wine with some brownish-brick colour. It is a velvety Port with hints of dried apricots and caramel. ThisHarvest reveals its age at the beginning of the taste, but it also becomes fresh and slightly acid with a well defined structure and a long and complex aftertaste.49,20€
- QuickviewNiepoort Bioma is the excellence Vintage Port from Niepoort. The concept "Bioma" comes from the fact of this wine being produced only with grapes from a single vineyard, the Pisca Vineyard. The Niepoort Vintage 2008 Bioma is a Port Wine with an intense and bright colour, a refined aroma of black fruits, notes of pepper and a mineral and earthy character. An exquisite Port Wine bottle of 37,5 cl and enjoy, perfect for you to share with a special someone.42,19€