PORT WINE TAWNY
THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR YOUR PORT!
This is an elegant and versatile Port Wine, ideal for enjoying anytime. Aged in wood, it can be enjoyed in a variety of occasions. It doesn’t require decanting, and can be served slightly chilled, which makes it particularly enjoyable, especially in summer days.
Each wine has its origins in several estates and reserves for its Skills and Flavours whose tradition and history dates back to the origins and culture of each producer. Appreciate its colours, aromas and character and decide for yourself, to enjoy in quiet moments or joyful confraternization.
Tawny Port Wines are red wines that age two to three years in tonnels, being then moved to 550-liter barrels, where they may remain for several years, originating other kinds of categories, such as the Tawny Reserve (7 years), Tawny with indication of age (10 years, 20 years, 30 years, 40 years) and the Harvest, which also remain 7 years in cask before being bottled. All these wines are ready to be enjoyed after being bottled.
Tawny with indication of age come from several years, whose average age is the one stated.
The balance achieved between the delicacy and elegance derived from the cask aging means that there is a Tawny Port suitable for every occasion – sometimes drunk alone, as an appetizer or while reading a book, and sometimes along with dried fruits. It can also be drunk along with a dessert, a cheese board, at the end of a meal or for pure pleasure in the company of friends where time should be going slowly.
WHEN TO SERVE
They are excellent as appetizer and can be served fresh, which makes them excellent choice for hot days. They can be enjoyed accompanied by olives, dried fruits, such as pine nuts, roasted almonds, prunes or dried dates.
TAWNY 10 YEARS
Ideal to accompany game dishes or conversations after meals, accompanying light desserts, such as fruits, soft puffs, hard cheeses, apple, orange or caramel pies. They can also be savored as appetizers, pâtés or with dried fruits.
TAWNY 20 YEARS
It combines very well with convent sweets, desserts based on dried fruits, eggs, caramel, vanilla, custard and honey, almond or coffee cakes. Ripened or harder cheeses with rich and intense flavour are a good accompaniment. Slightly cooled, it can also be used as an appetizer.
TAWNY 30 and 40 YEARS
Moments of pure pleasure accompanying a coffee, enjoying a cigar or in a good conversation between friends. To savor with time!
A good option for a selection of assorted cheeses, desserts made with chocolate, dried fruits, eggs, caramel or to enjoy with friends.
Wines of great quality that depend on the age, can work very well with more intense flavour dishes, or combined with the most popular creamy cheeses from cow or sheep.
HOW TO STORE
Because they are wines that do not age in the bottle, the Tawnys should be stored with the bottle standing, in cold and dark places (ideal temperature of 14 º C) and a humidity of 65 to 75% to prevent the corks from drying out and losing their elasticity.
To be appreciated in the best condition after opened, Tawny and Tawny Reserve should not be kept for more than 3 to 4 weeks, properly secured.
As for the Tawny with indication of age and the Harvest, they can be stored 1-4 months, keeping in mind that the older, the more time they can wait.
- QuickviewQuinta de Roriz is a 2003 Vintage Port that features a beautiful ruby red colour and intense aromas of flowers, blueberries, cassis and cinnamon. It is a very intense and full bodied wine, full of strength and quite sweet.$94,92
- QuickviewWith an amber yellow color and delicate golden nuances, the Ferreira 10 Years White is a Port with an intense scent and great complexity, revealing exotic aromas, perfectly balanced with balsamic notes and spices, acquired during the aging in wood. A wine that, on the palate, reveals the classic, elegant and fresh style of the Ferreira brand, providing a long and irresistible finish. Prizes and Distinctions: Silver - Decanter World Wine Awards 2017; Silver - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016$14,82
- QuickviewCockburn's Fine White is an elegant Port Wine with a fresh, floral scent. It has a golden colour and is perfect to be served with ice and tonic water in a more relaxed environment.$11,22
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 1999 is a limited edition Port Wine. Only 2000 boxes were bottled to be saled. These 2000 bottles represent only 8% of the Quinta production in the year of 1999, presenting itself as a high quality Vintage. To add even more emphasis to this Vintage, it was created an edition of 4, 5Lt (6 bottles)..$470,18
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewOffley Tawny is an elegant wine, with great maturity and freshness, considered a classic among the Tawny's and that reveals the unique style of Offley. It is distinguished by its magnificent red-brown color, a typical tonality of aged wine. This Tawny reveals magnificent fruity aromas, especially notes of ripe red fruits and nuts, resulting in an amazing complexity. On the palate is a velvety, delicate and balanced Port, revealing a good harmony between the soft tannins and its sweetness, providing an elegant and persistent finish.$7,58
- QuickviewThe year of 2007 began with a rainy winter, that has continued during the spring and summer time. In the summer the temperatures were not very high, which occurred in the first weeks of September where temperatures ranged between 35ºC and 38ºC . These weather conditions allowed a perfect maturation of the grapes, allowing the creation of a natural acidity. This harvest gave origin to elegant, stylish and very fruity wines. Taylor's Vintage 2007 is an opaque Port Wine, with a purplish black colour and violet nuances. It features complex black-fruit and blackcurrant aromas with hints of wild herbs, violets and rose petals.$74,53
- QuickviewThe Port wines are produced with batches from a single harvest, which are then aged in wood before being bottled. Kopke Harvest 1982 has a dark orange colour, spicy floral aromas and delicious flavours of citrus fruits. When drinked it is possible to taste flavours of dried fruits and orange zest, providing a long and irresistible aftertaste.$137,16
- QuickviewThe Ferreira LBV or Late Bottled Vintage Port is a reflection of the quality and excellence that Ferreira House has always presented. With an intense red ruby color, the Ferreira LBV presents complex aromas, with notes of ripe red fruits, soft balsamic notes, some resin and nuances of tobacco. On the palate, it is a balanced, elegant and complex Port wine, with notes of ripe fruit, chocolate and firm tannins, revealing a good acidity and providind long lasting and harmonious finish.$19,63
- QuickviewThe Harvest Port wines are produced with wine batches from single harvest and are then aged in wood for at least seven years prior to its bottling. The Niepoort Harvest 1937 has a red brick colour, aromas of ripe fruit as well as intense fruity flavours.$879,55
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewSurprise someone special with a kind gift. The 100 Years Gift Set is perfect for that good old friend who can’t resist to an exquisite Port or to express your consideration through a simple gesture. There isn’t a better way to please someone.$321,10
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewSandeman Vintage 225 Years - Spirit is a red ruby color Port. It reveals an amazing complexity of aromas, especially of spices like pepper and cinnamon, and fruity ones, such as red and black fruits. This wine magnificiency was distinguished several times, being awarded with Gold Medal at Mundus Vini 2015, Gold Medal at Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2015 and Silver Medal at International Wine Challenge 2015.$146,76
- QuickviewDow's Finest Reserve Port comes from a careful selection of the best aged wines that are in perfect ripening stage to create this Finest Reserve. Concentrated and rich, Dow's Finest Reserve Port Wine has great depth features and softness. This Port has a distinctive house style that has been acclaimed worldwide. A refined classic, full-bodied with fruity layers that let us perceive red and black fruit aromas. The fruity character also gives it a deep ruby colour. Palate dominated by berries and spice hints, especially pepper. With a long and slightly dry mouth finish that is a hallmark Dow's wines.$12,25
- QuickviewThe Kopke Vintage 1997 is a Port Wine with an intense red colour and aromas of ripe red fruits and complex hints of spices. On the palate is as a very full-bodied and structured Port, with vigorous tannins. It presents complex and floral aromas, providing a long and persistent aftertaste.$101,36
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny 20 Years. A feature of Tawny wine is that, as they become older, sediments are deposited on the casks and therefore the wine gradually gets a lighter colour. This is how Fonseca Tawny 20 Years Port wine gets a deep amber colour with golden highlights. With ripe and very concentrated fruity aromas and flavours, this Port has caramel notes, cinnamon and slight wood notes. It is intense, complex and powerful with a long and glorious finish.$52,96
- QuickviewThis Guimaraens Vintage Port has cherry and ripe raspberry aromas and a touch of spice. A second Fonsecas wine with lots of character. A Guimaraens' hallmark. Immerse yourself. Bottled in 2003$68,18
- QuickviewDalva Rosé was the last type of Port released by Dalva in the year of 2008, produduced with the same type of grapes of a Ruby Port but with a more limited exposure to the grape peel, only long enough to make the wine pink. It's a very fruity Port that must be served cold or with a slice of orange. A wine with strong flavours of raspberry, strawberry, notes of cherry, honey and grapefruit. A good balance of sweetness.$11,54
- QuickviewQuinta da Senhora da Ribeira cellars are the most modern in the Douro, without forgetting to combine the best traditional winemaking traditions, developed through the centuries. The care taken with the cellars is reflected in the Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port has a distinction place. Bottling manifests superb quality and a formidable exuberance. Dow's Senhora da Ribeira 2006 Vintage Port is quite full-bodied with strong, although immature, tannins. With wild berry flavours that grants it the dark, black opaque colour. With a mystical aroma, marked by tobacco notes, herbs and fresh spring flowers.$73,22
- QuickviewFonseca Ruby Port Wine is a Port with a ruby colour, very fresh and young, with fruit flavours of the plum type. It is also an excellent dessert wine and excellent finish to a meal.$11,89
- QuickviewGraham's Fine Tawny Port Wine was born in the best vineyards located in the Upper Douro valley, is a lighter wine than Ruby since the ageing time is longer. On the other hand, it is a slightly softer than Ruby and evolved wine. It offers a nice fruity and dried fruit balance and it is matured in oak barrels for an average of three years, allowing the wine to come into contact with oxygen that freely permeates the barrels wood, thus meaning that the fruity youthful style remains but that it begins to acquire the persistence of an aged Tawny Port. The palate is slightly dry, elegant and velvety. Possesses an aroma of ripe fruit, nicely balanced with dried nuts notes.$10,68
- QuickviewUm vinho muito aromatizado, dominado por toques de cereja e um pouco de picante.$62,10
Looking for a special Gift?
Personalize this bottle here.This Port wine bears witness to the passing of generations, since this Port's production is made by setting wines apart, done by the master oenologist's great grandfather, grandfather, father and uncles. Therefore, the Master Blender selects and puts them aside for future generations. This Graham's 40 Years Old Tawny Port is the immemorial tradition and a full of character and expression wine. It possesses golden amber colour and pale green tinge, characteristic of old wines. Complex aroma and a balm that defies age itself. Very fruity on the palate, with raisins and roasted caramel and chocolate notes. Graham's Tawny 40 Years is a Port with a strong, quite elegant aftertaste finish. Award-winning wine with three Gold Medals.
- QuickviewDow's LBV 2009 Port comes from two of the best farms in Douro Valley: Quinta do Bomfim, ancient vineyards, and Quinta Senhora da Ribeira, a mountain vineyard in Douro Superior. Its style is classic, very focused and filled with notes of spices, dark chocolate and intensely fruity hints, especially black cherries. Enjoy your favorite Port wine in a small miniature of 5 cl.$1,81