PORT WINE TAWNY
THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR YOUR PORT!
This is an elegant and versatile Port Wine, ideal for enjoying anytime. Aged in wood, it can be enjoyed in a variety of occasions. It doesn’t require decanting, and can be served slightly chilled, which makes it particularly enjoyable, especially in summer days.
Each wine has its origins in several estates and reserves for its Skills and Flavours whose tradition and history dates back to the origins and culture of each producer. Appreciate its colours, aromas and character and decide for yourself, to enjoy in quiet moments or joyful confraternization.
Tawny Port Wines are red wines that age two to three years in tonnels, being then moved to 550-liter barrels, where they may remain for several years, originating other kinds of categories, such as the Tawny Reserve (7 years), Tawny with indication of age (10 years, 20 years, 30 years, 40 years) and the Harvest, which also remain 7 years in cask before being bottled. All these wines are ready to be enjoyed after being bottled.
Tawny with indication of age come from several years, whose average age is the one stated.
The balance achieved between the delicacy and elegance derived from the cask aging means that there is a Tawny Port suitable for every occasion – sometimes drunk alone, as an appetizer or while reading a book, and sometimes along with dried fruits. It can also be drunk along with a dessert, a cheese board, at the end of a meal or for pure pleasure in the company of friends where time should be going slowly.
WHEN TO SERVE
They are excellent as appetizer and can be served fresh, which makes them excellent choice for hot days. They can be enjoyed accompanied by olives, dried fruits, such as pine nuts, roasted almonds, prunes or dried dates.
TAWNY 10 YEARS
Ideal to accompany game dishes or conversations after meals, accompanying light desserts, such as fruits, soft puffs, hard cheeses, apple, orange or caramel pies. They can also be savored as appetizers, pâtés or with dried fruits.
TAWNY 20 YEARS
It combines very well with convent sweets, desserts based on dried fruits, eggs, caramel, vanilla, custard and honey, almond or coffee cakes. Ripened or harder cheeses with rich and intense flavour are a good accompaniment. Slightly cooled, it can also be used as an appetizer.
TAWNY 30 and 40 YEARS
Moments of pure pleasure accompanying a coffee, enjoying a cigar or in a good conversation between friends. To savor with time!
A good option for a selection of assorted cheeses, desserts made with chocolate, dried fruits, eggs, caramel or to enjoy with friends.
Wines of great quality that depend on the age, can work very well with more intense flavour dishes, or combined with the most popular creamy cheeses from cow or sheep.
HOW TO STORE
Because they are wines that do not age in the bottle, the Tawnys should be stored with the bottle standing, in cold and dark places (ideal temperature of 14 º C) and a humidity of 65 to 75% to prevent the corks from drying out and losing their elasticity.
To be appreciated in the best condition after opened, Tawny and Tawny Reserve should not be kept for more than 3 to 4 weeks, properly secured.
As for the Tawny with indication of age and the Harvest, they can be stored 1-4 months, keeping in mind that the older, the more time they can wait.
- QuickviewPort with a black colour and blackberry, strawberry and wild berries aroma, which is a very tempting second Fonsecas wine. Enjoy now and also book a few bottles in your cellar. This is a good option for happy gathering with friends.77,90€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant wine, mineral with delicate flavours, a striking elegance and long aftertaste. It is a Vintage that you will not want to miss. A bottle of 37.5 cl perfect to taste in a romantic dinner with your partner.44,18€
- QuickviewOver many years of ageing, the wine takes on its amber tawny colour, slowly developing the complex flavours and the mouth luscious palate. Rich and elegant nose with a delicate nuttiness and subtle mellow notes of chocolate, butterscotch and fine oak wood.49,94€
- QuickviewThe white Port wine from Quinta Santa Eufêmia has a prodution process quite similar to the Red Ports. The vinification takes place in traditional stone vats, where the grapes are stepped only using the feet and where fermentation is interrupted by the addition of wine spirits, in order to obtain the desired 19ºC. Quinta Santa Eufêmia 30 Years White presents a golden colour, slightly darker than the 20 years white Port, and with some greenish nuances typical of an old Port. This Wine features dried fruit aromas like almonds, as well as coffee scents and a very well balanced flavours.90,22€
- QuickviewGraham's Vintage 2000 Port has a deep ruby colour, of typical Graham's balm, where the ripe plum and blackberry are prevalent and cistus suggestions abound. Pleasantly mild Port Wine on the palate, despite its youth. Full of pure wealth and concentration, full-bodied, with great length, intensity and clean finish on the mouth.102,30€
- QuickviewTo commemorate the house's establishment in 1588 and the rich history of the oldest port company in operation, the company has decided to produce a limited edition port, the Croft 430th Anniversary Celebration Edition. Croft 430th Anniversary is ready for drinking now. It is recommended that it be served at a temperature between 12ºC and 16ºC. It is perfect with cheese, especially a fine cheddar. It is also delicious with dark chocolate and wild berry desserts.19,68€
- QuickviewHarvest Port wines have the particularity of being produced with wine batches from a single harvest, being then placed in wooden casks to age for a minimum period of seven years. Krohn 1987 Harvest is a Port with a dark brownish colour and very pleasant aromas of nuts, like walnuts and hazelnuts.82,57€
- QuickviewDalva Tawny 30 Years rested in wood casks during various years, in which, the age mentioned on the bottle is the average of a ' blend ' of several «Harvest» Port wines. As this wine has aged for many years in wood, it will present a golden colour with greenish shades that will evolve until they reach a very complex fragrance, in which are enhanced the aromas of dried fruits, wood, spices and toasted.155,83€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1978 is an awarded Port wine owner of a unique elegance. With a vibrant brick color, in the nose it is possible to feel the harmony of aromas as spices and delicate notes of dried fruits. On the palate is intense, well-structured and it has a magnificent balance.168,77€
- QuickviewKrohn Harvest 2005 is a Port wine with a brownish red color. On the nose you can feel a whole complexity of aromas like plum, dried figs, raisins and nuts. On the palate reveals a whole sumptuousness of flavors that suggest delicate notes of vanilla and cinnamon perfectly balanced with a slight acidity. The finish is elegant and long lasting.36,06€
- QuickviewA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. Do not miss the chance of getting this lovely edition of a 37,5 cl bottle, perfect to share with your loved one.13,14€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1974 is an example of another magnificent production of the Kopke house. With an amber color and slight orange reflections, this wine seduces with its aromatic notes of walnuts and hazelnuts. On the palate it presents itself as a well-structured Port wine with intense flavors without losing its elegance and balance.146,91€
- QuickviewDow’s 2011 Vintage is a dense and dark ruby color wine, whose flavor combination of plum, black cherry, violet, lavender and licorice, provide it a perfect and durable finish. Its magnificent quality gave it the award of 2014 Best Wine by the highly respected magazine Wine Spectator that distinguished it has the best among the 18.000 samples evaluated by the tasting team, with an impressive score of 99 points.525,54€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewSandeman Ruby is a vibrant red ruby wine, with a fresh and fruity aroma, where it stands out the delicate notes of strawberry, plum and raspberry. On the palate, it is also a very fresh, balanced and rich Port, marked also by the presence of ripe fruits like plum and red fruits. Enjoy your Sandeman Ruby with intense, creamy cheeses or with chocolate desserts or fruit tart desserts for finishing a perfect meal.10,22€
- QuickviewThis pack has a White Port Wine, Ruby Port Wine, LBV Port Wine, six grapes Port Wine and 10 year old Tawny.35,49€
- QuickviewGraham's Ruby Port is full-bodied with youthful freshness and attractive luscious fruit. Very deep-coloured and intensely aromatic, this Port is bottled young so as to retain the assertiveness of the fruit, a recognizable Graham hallmark.9,36€
- QuickviewDows House 1985 Vintage Port was produced from an excellent harvest, in spite of the high temperatures during harvest time. The effort to keep the fermentation temperature under control was very evident and led to an exceptional Vintage. Powerful, strong and concentrated Port that exhibits good fruit depth and ripe tannins. Purplish-ruby colour and powerful aromas of currant, blackberry and hints of spice. A full-bodied Port Wine with an average sweetness level and slightly chewy finish. Refined and inviting.128,51€
- QuickviewDow's Fine White is the youngest wine of all Dow's Port Wines aged in oak barrels, aging in these for about 3 years. This type of Port wine is produced through a careful selection of grapes from Douro Valley. During the aging process, this wine is tasted with some frequency, being through this process that is determined when it is ready to be bottled.9,43€
- QuickviewThe grapes of this 2000 Harvest were "stepped" in the Vale de Mendiz cellar and then the wine aged at Niepoort cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia. The 2000 year has given origin to dense wines with fine elegant tannins. The Niepoort Harvest 2000 presents a reddish colour with brownish-brick colour shades. It has aromas of dried fruit, candied fruits and hints of plums and apricots. Surprise a good old friend with this bottle of 37,5 cl, surelly he will be very happy to receive it.24,46€
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1957 is a Port Wine produced from wine batches from 1957 harvest, which is then aged in oak casks for at least seven years before being bottled. This Kopke features an incredible amber colour, delicate and complex aromas and some notes of honey and orange.490,39€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewThis Port is fragrant and possesses wild black fruit aroma and an exotic touch. The aroma burst from the glass: blackberry, blueberry, violets, cassis and morning dew, all with a fantastic setting. It is full-bodied, magnificent and majestic on the mouth, with a better definition and approach than ancient Port wine. Blackberry and blueberry flavours provide a mineral sense that crosses at the finish, with an imperceptible alcohol. This is a good choice for a Vintage Port and to savour pleasurably on several occasions. Aged 24 months in oak casks and then in bottle for several years.79,97€
- QuickviewTawny Port Wines are young wines of several years, aged between two and three years in wood barrels, giving them aromas of nuts. Cockburn's Fine Tawny is an elegant, velvety Port with spice aromas.9,23€
- QuickviewGraham's Tawny 20 Years is the pursuit of perfection between the amazing balance of freshness of young Port Wines and the complexity of the aged ones. An wine improved over 20 years to achieve the pretended excellence and delight the consumers. With an amber and tawny gold colour and complex but harmonious flavours. Rich aroma of riped fruits, nuts, such as walnuts and notes of orange zest. Impeccably balanced with a long and elegant finish. An elegant wine from 20 years ago in a special bottle of 4, 5Lt to ven the most demanding Port Wine lovers.317,50€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewWith a dark and intense purple color and opulent floral notes of violets and roses, Dow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Double Magnum 2013 can surprise any Port wine lover. On the palate has flavors of ripe fruit, with a remarkable balance and a perfect flavor provided by powerful and elegant tannins.342,86€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro 20 Years is a blend with an age average of 20 years, that from a careful selection of several batches of one of the oldest Douro’s farms - Quinta do Bom Retiro The period in which was kept in wood, has modified its colour, evolving from a red colour to vibrant tons of orange brick and vibrant yellow. A classic Tawny.56,78€