A HOUSE WITH A MILITARY TRADITION
From his marriage to Elizabeth Whitehead, born in 1745, William Warre has become a remarkable figure for his extraordinary military career, and his fifth brother James Warre who did have a determining role in the development of the Port wine trade over 50 years.
In 1905, Andrew James Symington, reputed name in the Port wine trade as a specialist in wine tasting, became a partner of Warre & Co, and in a few years, he became sole owner of the company. In 1912, George A. Warre, senior partner of the DOW ‘s, and Andrew James Symington exchanged between them 30% of the capital of the two companies, after that, George A. Warre had decided to return to England and invited Andrew to manage the Dow’s farm and their cellars in Gaia.
This partnership between the two families, in which the Warre family was busy in London for sales and Symington family who took care of the production of Port wine in the Douro valley lasted until 1961, when the Symington family become sole owner of the two houses, keeping the identity of the marks and consolidating its presence in the market as benchmarks in the production of quality wines, with pride in the past and confidence in the future.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Warre’s surprised the market of Port wine with the launch of Optima Tawny (10 years and 20 years) – a new concept that appeals to a more varied and versatile audience that can be enjoyed anytime?
Optima is a great wine that has won medals and is presented with a modern design?
Warrior, is the Warre’s brand of Reserve Port that maintains its tradition and style, and is being produced since 1750?
To celebrate the 200th anniversary of the award of the medal of the Order of St. Benedict of Aviz attributed to William Warre by his determinant role played in the fight against Napoleonic invasions, Warre’s created the 2009 Vintage Port in his honor ?
Warre’s produced some of the best vintage port, such as 1870, 1887, 1896 and especially 1904 and 1908?
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Tawny Port Wine, Warre's, Wine TypesThis Port is considered light and elegant because it is a young wine, and as such is ideal to be enjoyed fresh as an aperitif. The grapes used for this wine's production are created at Douro's Valley, as Touriga Nacional, Touriga Francesa, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Cão.
€10,10In Stock €10,10
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Ruby Port Wine, Warre's, Wine TypesWarre's Fine White is a wine made from grape varieties of Douro region, a region famous for its Port wines. In order to produce a smoother and elegant Port, the grapes peels were removed during the fermentation process. A light, elegant and tempting Port perfect to be enjoyed fresh as an appetizer.
€8,76In Stock €8,76
- Port Wines, Brands, Warre's, White Port Wine, Wine TypesWarre's Fine White is made from grape varieties of Douro region, a region famous for its Port Wines. In order to produce a softer and delicate Port, during the fermentation process there are removed the peel of the grapes. It is a refreshing and very light wine, perfect to be served as an appetizer.
€11,66In Stock €11,66
- Port Wines, 20 Years Port Wine, Brands, Warre's, Wine TypesWarre's Otima 20 Years possesses a translucent colour, soft with dried fruit attractive aromas, especially walnut, blended with coffee and caramel aromas, perfectly involving orange zest in the finish. A very harmonious wine, not too sweet and whose tannins and acidity ensure a perfect balance and persistence. A Port Wine with many awards.
€31,70In Stock €31,70
- Port Wines, After 2010, Black Friday, Brands, Dated Port Wines, Vintage Port Wine, Warre's, Wine TypesWith an intense purple color, almost opaque, Warre's Vintage 2016 reveals complex floral aromas, especially of violet and rockrose. On the palate it stands out lovely notes of ripe black fruits and spices like nutmeg. It is a Port Wine with a great freshness, provided by a light acidity, which confers a harmonious experience and a long and elegant finish.A magnificent Vintage, perfect to enjoy during special moments.
€73,10In Stock €73,10 €21,96
- Port Wines, Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Harvest, Warre's, Wine Types
€25,77In Stock €25,77
- Port Wines, Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Vintage Port Wine, Warre's, Wine Types
€32,29In Stock €32,29