A HOUSE OF “FAMILIES”
Taylor’s is one of the oldest houses of Port, whose story began in 1692 with the arrival of an English merchant named Job Bearsley in Portugal. The courage and determination of his son Peter in the search for wines were suited more to the taste of the English market, links to Joseph Taylor (later to give the company its name in 1814), and the arrival of the families Morgan Yeatman and John Fladegate that lasted to the present day, had a decisive role in the foundation of this house.
The philosophy of this family business is based on the principle of producing quality wines, practicing an economic and environmentally sustainable viticulture, that protects the Douro Valley and its environment – a unique heritage, which is also the future of the port wine, one of the great classic wines.
A long family tradition, the ability to innovate and produce best Port wines each year, made many to consider Taylor’s most illustrious production house of port – drinking their wine becomes a unique and sublime experience.
One of the most significant innovations originated in seeking to produce a port wine of a single year, which had been filtered and could be drunk without being decanted. The result was Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage 1965, which was launched on the British market in 1970.
It was also the time (in 1973) when taking advantage of the new rules introduced by the Instituto do Vinho do Porto (IVP), which allowed the producers to indicate on labels the age of Port Tawny Wine aged, were released by Taylor’s Port wines Tawny 10, 20, 30 and 40 – unique quality, appreciated worldwide wines.
The spirit of innovation, investment in vineyards of high quality and renewal of vineyards using newer methods of vertical planting allow Taylor’s to keep a firm commitment to produce and sell the best Porto wine, keeping its identity and tradition, benefiting to one of the most important and respectable trade groups port wine quality – The Fladgate Partnership.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Farm Vargellas in the Douro Region is considered the source of the best wines of Porto since 1820, and among the great vineyards of the world.
The first Port wine White was created by Taylor’s in 1935.
In 1965, Taylor’s launched the first LBV – Late Bottled Vintage, marketed in 1970.
In 1973, Taylor’s launched a full range of wines Tawny Port 10, 20, 30 and 40 years that still continues to be available.
- QuickviewTaylor's has just launched the fourth limited edition of a 50-year old Port Wine, the 1967 Single Harvest. Its delicate mahogany color features a vibrant olive green rim. In the nose, it presents a complex bouquet, and it is possible to feel the sweetness of apricot notes, sawn wood, tobacco and floral aromas such as orange blossom and honeysuckle, balanced on a caramel, marzipan and almond base. In the mouth, it is a dense but very velvety wine, revealing intense flavours of apricot, guava, raisins, caramel and a few nuances of candied orange, without ever losing its seductive freshness.431,27€
- QuickviewIn 2016 the third Port wine of this series was launched, the Taylor's Single Harvest 1966. The 1966 Single Harvest features a golden brown color and soft olive green nuances. The aromas are complex, with emphasis on the fragrances of roasted nuts such as walnuts and macadamia nuts, the sweetness of brown sugar, molasses and caramel. In the mouth, it is a silky wine, with delicate notes of honey, figs, apricot jam and light nuances of coffee, perfectly balanced by a slight acidity. The aftertaste is long and harmonious.431,27€
- QuickviewAfter the successful launch of the first in the series, the 1964 Single Harvest Port, Taylor's launches a limited amount of a 50 year old harvest, the 1965 Single Harvest, a fine and elegant Port wine. It features a seductive auburn colour with amber tones. In the nose, it stands out aromas of hazelnut and marzipan, combined with delicate notes of wood and soft aromas of quince paste, black pepper and cinnamon. On the palate, it is round and with a silky-smooth texture and slight spicy flavours, providing a long and refreshing finish.431,27€
- QuickviewThe 1988 harvest was defined by a dry winter and a wet spring, with heavy rains that affected the grape formation in many areas of Douro which resulted in a reduced production. Taylor's Vintage 1988 Terra Feita is a Port with an amazing depth and red colour nuances, showing aromas of ripe fruit such as prunes, dates and flowers. Perfect to enjoy in the company of your closest friends.47,36€
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.12,14€
- QuickviewWith an old gold colour, that time helped to create, this Taylor's is a rich and silky wine with hints of honey and dried fruit aromas. Become the best of hosts that everyone will envy. Enjoy this exclusive edition of a bottle of 37, 5 cl.82,41€
- QuickviewA luxury Case perfect to offer to a special friend and na excellent way of surprising someone: combining a Taylor's Late Bottled Vintage Port and a Taylor's Tawny 10 Years with two amazing glasses of Taylor's.68,94€
- QuickviewTaylor's 20 Years Tawny Port Port wine with an excellent dried fruit aroma and orange blossom notes, exquisitely velvety due to ageing care.44,98€
- QuickviewTaylor's Vintage 2003 is an amazing wine with violet and black fruit exotic aromas. Do not fail to make your reservation as soon as possible, ensuring an extraordinary wine whose maturity should be reached from 2035 to 2060. Guarantee a good selection, right now, to enjoy in the company of good friends for many years!208,15€
- QuickviewA special set of Taylor's that reveals perfectly the magnificence of the 10, 20, 30 and 40 Year Old Tawny. The name "Century" comes from the sum of the years represented in four bottles. This collection comes with bottles of 37, 5 cl, an ideal gift to any Port Wine lover.73,55€
- QuickviewThe 2008 year began with a drier and colder weather than what it was normal, appearing rains only in March and April. The flowering of the vines took placeduring the rainy and cold period, resulting in lower yields but with more concentrated grape flavours. The harvest began on 20 September in Vargellas and the grapes began by presenting low sugar levels, which have increased as the harvest occured. Taylor's 2008 Vintage Vargellas is a Port with a black ink colour with purple nuances. It shows intense aromas of blackcurrant and wild berries, as well as liquorice hints.75,03€
- QuickviewTaylor's Select Reserve features a vibrant red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and features aromas of fresh fruit. This Port wine was produced from young wine batches and then, aged in oak barrels, in which gets soften and strengthen. The afertaste is long, fresh and intense. This Taylor's Select Reserve comes in an elegant case with a satin interior.12,30€
- QuickviewIn the mouth has aromatic flavours of plums and cherry jam. It is a full bodied Port with a soft and satiny texture, being at the same time a subtle and elegant Port, that evolves perfectly in the bottle. Taylor's Vargellas Vintage 2002 should be stored with the bottle horizontally in a cool, dry, dark place. This wine should be opened 2 hours before serving, be also advised to decant it. It is a Port Wine perfect to serve after meals, or to pair with Stilton cheeses and meat dishes.246,00€
- QuickviewA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. A 1, 5Lt Edition in a wooden box that will not want to miss. A good suggestion for surprising someone very special.56,76€
- QuickviewThe 2009 year was characterised by a low grape production, much in part due to the very dry summer that was felt in that year. The harvest at Quinta de Vargellas began on September 12th and it was verified that the amount of fruit was greatly reduced, leading to a production of concentrated wines, with high sugar levels. Taylor's Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage 2009 is a deep black purple colour Port wine with sublime aromas of ripe fruit like plums, black cherries, cassis and slight notes of rosewood and clove.372,69€
- QuickviewTaylor's Tawny 10 Years Taylors Tawny combines a ripe berry fruit aroma with delicate dried fruity notes, and which is very soft and silky on the palate. Try it at the end of a good meal and savour it in good company. Serve slightly chilled to enhance flavour and pleasure.21,65€
- QuickviewA special set of Taylor's that reveals perfectly the magnificence of the 10, 20, 30 and 40 Year Old Tawny. The name "Century" comes from the sum of the years represented in four bottles. This collection comes with bottles of 37, 5 cl, an ideal gift to any Port Wine lover.308,63€
- QuickviewTaylor's Tawny 40 Years Port This is a quite old sublime wine, rich with intense coffee aromas, honeyed and a spicy touch. A Port for real connoisseurs who like to savour time!209,10€
- QuickviewTaylor's Vintage 1977 is a youthful wine that you can certainly appreciate right now, but that can benefit from leaving it to age for few more years.It is a wine with floral scents and ripe fruity aromas. Do not fail to make your reservation as soon as possible, ensuring an extraordinary wine to savour in the company of good friends!485,00€
- QuickviewTaylor's White Port wine is mainly produced using white grapes from Douro Valley. A wine aged in wooden barrels for about three years, achieving its softness character. Considered a traditional, full bodied and smooth Port Wine.9,84€
- QuickviewTaylor's Select Wine features a red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and with fragrance of fresh fruits. A Port Wine made from young Port Wine bacthes. They were made in oak barrels, in which they get soften and strengthen. With a fresh and intense character, it presents a long and tempting aftertaste. A combination of Brix chocolate and a Taylor's Reserve in a wooden box, ideal for gifting a Port Wine lover, or just to taste a refined combination of flavours and textures taking to the extreme the refinements to the palate.35,40€
- QuickviewTaylor's Vintage 1994This is a subtle and elegantly well balanced wine with fresh raspberry aroma and chocolate flavours. Do not fail to make your reservation as soon as possible, ensuring an extraordinary wine to enjoy in the company of good friends!595,32€
- QuickviewTaylor's presents to the Port Wine lovers a magnificent edition of a luxury case, the perfect gift to celebrate birthdays or special dates. This case comes with two of Taylor's greatest classics: a 10 and a 20-Year-old Tawny. You can enjoy these two magnificent Port wines in the Taylor’s glasses. Do not miss this fantastic opportunity.116,85€
- QuickviewTaylor's 30 Years Old Tawny Port Port with an old gold colour that time helped to create. It is a rich, silky wine with a touch of honey and dried fruit aromas. Become the best of all hosts that everyone will envy!146,37€
- QuickviewTaylor's Fine Tawny Port is aged for 3 years in oak casks at Taylor's cellars. With reddidh brick colour and amber reflections, on the nose is possibel to sense fruity aromas, like figs and prunes, walnuts, caramel and black pepper. On the palate it is a round, velvity and balanced wine. Taylor's Fine Tawny is perfect to those who prefer a lighter Port wine style.10,09€