A HOUSE OF “FAMILIES”
The philosophy of this family business is based on the principle of producing quality wines, practicing an economic and environmentally sustainable viticulture, that protects the Douro Valley and its environment – a unique heritage, which is also the future of the port wine, one of the great classic wines.
A long family tradition, the ability to innovate and produce best Port wines each year, made many to consider Taylor’s most illustrious production house of port – drinking their wine becomes a unique and sublime experience.
One of the most significant innovations originated in seeking to produce a port wine of a single year, which had been filtered and could be drunk without being decanted. The result was Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage 1965, which was launched on the British market in 1970.
It was also the time (in 1973) when taking advantage of the new rules introduced by the Instituto do Vinho do Porto (IVP), which allowed the producers to indicate on labels the age of Port Tawny Wine aged, were released by Taylor’s Port wines Tawny 10, 20, 30 and 40 – unique quality, appreciated worldwide wines.
The spirit of innovation, investment in vineyards of high quality and renewal of vineyards using newer methods of vertical planting allow Taylor’s to keep a firm commitment to produce and sell the best Porto wine, keeping its identity and tradition, benefiting to one of the most important and respectable trade groups port wine quality – The Fladgate Partnership.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Farm Vargellas in the Douro Region is considered the source of the best wines of Porto since 1820, and among the great vineyards of the world.
The first Port wine White was created by Taylor’s in 1935.
In 1965, Taylor’s launched the first LBV – Late Bottled Vintage, marketed in 1970.
In 1973, Taylor’s launched a full range of wines Tawny Port 10, 20, 30 and 40 years that still continues to be available.
- Port Wines, 10 Years Port Wine, Black Friday, Brands, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's Tawny 10 Years Taylors Tawny combines a ripe berry fruit aroma with delicate dried fruity notes, and which is very soft and silky on the palate. Try it at the end of a good meal and savour it in good company. Serve slightly chilled to enhance flavour and pleasure.
€22,89In Stock €22,89
- Port Wines, Brands, Tawny Port Wine, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's Fine Tawny Port is aged for 3 years in oak casks at Taylor's cellars. With reddidh brick colour and amber reflections, on the nose is possibel to sense fruity aromas, like figs and prunes, walnuts, caramel and black pepper. On the palate it is a round, velvity and balanced wine. Taylor's Fine Tawny is perfect to those who prefer a lighter Port wine style.
€12,07In Stock €12,07
- Port Wines, Brands, Tawny Port Wine, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's Select Reserve features a vibrant red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and features aromas of fresh fruit. This Port wine was produced from young wine batches and then, aged in oak barrels, in which gets soften and strengthen. The afertaste is long, fresh and intense. This Taylor's Select Reserve comes in an elegant case with a satin interior.
€14,07In Stock €14,07
- Port Wines, 20 Years Port Wine, Brands, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's 20 Years Tawny Port Port wine with an excellent dried fruit aroma and orange blossom notes, exquisitely velvety due to ageing care.
€47,54In Stock €47,54
- Port Wines, Brands, Taylor's, White Port Wine, Wine TypesTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.
€13,73In Stock €13,73
- Port Wines, Brands, Taylor's, White Port Wine, Wine TypesTaylor's White Port wine is mainly produced using white grapes from Douro Valley. A wine aged in wooden barrels for about three years, achieving its softness character. Considered a traditional, full bodied and smooth Port Wine.
€12,07In Stock €12,07
- Port Wines, 40 Years Port Wine, Brands, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's Tawny 40 Years Port This is a quite old sublime wine, rich with intense coffee aromas, honeyed and a spicy touch. A Port for real connoisseurs who like to savour time!
Free shipping for EU countries.
€193,55In Stock €193,55
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Magnum, Tawny Port Wine, Taylor's, Wine TypesThis bottle was inspired by the ‘bladder’ shaped wine bottles manufactured in England between about 1715 and 1740. The particular variant on which this limited edition bottle was based, with its narrow oval profile, is often described as having a ‘flat chestnut’ shape.The wine is a skilfully blended Tawny Port, harmonious and balanced, with all the intensity and finesse derived from ageing in seasoned oak casks.
€73,80In Stock €73,80