A HOUSE OF “FAMILIES”
The philosophy of this family business is based on the principle of producing quality wines, practicing an economic and environmentally sustainable viticulture, that protects the Douro Valley and its environment – a unique heritage, which is also the future of the port wine, one of the great classic wines.
A long family tradition, the ability to innovate and produce best Port wines each year, made many to consider Taylor’s most illustrious production house of port – drinking their wine becomes a unique and sublime experience.
One of the most significant innovations originated in seeking to produce a port wine of a single year, which had been filtered and could be drunk without being decanted. The result was Taylor’s Late Bottled Vintage 1965, which was launched on the British market in 1970.
It was also the time (in 1973) when taking advantage of the new rules introduced by the Instituto do Vinho do Porto (IVP), which allowed the producers to indicate on labels the age of Port Tawny Wine aged, were released by Taylor’s Port wines Tawny 10, 20, 30 and 40 – unique quality, appreciated worldwide wines.
The spirit of innovation, investment in vineyards of high quality and renewal of vineyards using newer methods of vertical planting allow Taylor’s to keep a firm commitment to produce and sell the best Porto wine, keeping its identity and tradition, benefiting to one of the most important and respectable trade groups port wine quality – The Fladgate Partnership.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Farm Vargellas in the Douro Region is considered the source of the best wines of Porto since 1820, and among the great vineyards of the world.
The first Port wine White was created by Taylor’s in 1935.
In 1965, Taylor’s launched the first LBV – Late Bottled Vintage, marketed in 1970.
In 1973, Taylor’s launched a full range of wines Tawny Port 10, 20, 30 and 40 years that still continues to be available.
- 20 Years Port Wine, Brands, Port Wines, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's 20 Years Tawny Port Port wine with an excellent dried fruit aroma and orange blossom notes, exquisitely velvety due to ageing care.€45,07€45,07
- After 2010, Brands, Dated Port Wines, Port Wines, Taylor's, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesThe keynotes of the 2016 vintage are purity, refinement and structure. The Taylor’s 2016 is characteristically elegant and poised and underpinned by firm, superbly integrated tannins of exceptional quality. Yields at the 2016 harvest were relatively low and the wine is likely to be tightly allocated.€117,05
- 10 Years Port Wine, Brands, Port Wines, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's Tawny 10 Years Taylors Tawny combines a ripe berry fruit aroma with delicate dried fruity notes, and which is very soft and silky on the palate. Try it at the end of a good meal and savour it in good company. Serve slightly chilled to enhance flavour and pleasure.€21,73€21,73
- Brands, Port Wines, Taylor's, White Port Wine, Wine TypesTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.€13,07€13,07
- Brands, Port Wines, Tawny Port Wine, Taylor's, Wine TypesTaylor's Select Reserve features a vibrant red ruby colour. On the palate is vigorous and features aromas of fresh fruit. This Port wine was produced from young wine batches and then, aged in oak barrels, in which gets soften and strengthen. The afertaste is long, fresh and intense. This Taylor's Select Reserve comes in an elegant case with a satin interior.€13,42€13,42
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Rare & Old, Taylor's, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesThe 2009 year was characterised by a low grape production, much in part due to the very dry summer that was felt in that year. The harvest at Quinta de Vargellas began on September 12th and it was verified that the amount of fruit was greatly reduced, leading to a production of concentrated wines, with high sugar levels. Taylor's Vargellas Vinha Velha Vintage 2009 is a deep black purple colour Port wine with sublime aromas of ripe fruit like plums, black cherries, cassis and slight notes of rosewood and clove.€372,69
Free shipping for EU countries.€372,69
- 10 Years Port Wine, Brands, Port Wines, Taylor's, Wine TypesA Tawny Taylor's that combines perfectly aromas of ripe berries and delicate notes of dried fruit. A very soft and silky Wine on the palate. Enjoy it at the end of a meal with a good company. Serve it slightly cool to accentuate the taste and pleasure. A 1, 5Lt Edition in a wooden box that will not want to miss. A good suggestion for surprising someone very special.€56,63€56,63
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 1960 to 1970, Harvest, Port Wines, Rare & Old, Taylor's, Wine TypesAfter the successful launch of the first in the series, the 1964 Single Harvest Port, Taylor's launches a limited amount of a 50 year old harvest, the 1965 Single Harvest, a fine and elegant Port wine. It features a seductive auburn colour with amber tones. In the nose, it stands out aromas of hazelnut and marzipan, combined with delicate notes of wood and soft aromas of quince paste, black pepper and cinnamon. On the palate, it is round and with a silky-smooth texture and slight spicy flavours, providing a long and refreshing finish.€431,27
Free shipping for EU countries.€431,27