Ramos Pinto House
BORN TO LIGHT UP SENSES
Pioneering innovation and producing high quality bottled wine did conquer many connoisseurs and wine lovers in Portugal and Europe. Ramos Pinto has devoted his entire life to this house, the wines have gained notoriety until the present day, due to a strong investment in the modernization of the different stages of the process, as well as in research, and he has given special attention to packaging and advertaising.
Proudlly and from the begining, Ramos Pinto’s House, assumes a production policy of developing its wines exclusively made off grapes coming from its own farms. It is due this fact, that it maintains a production of undoubted quality wines, having farms in a total of 360ha, at the Douro region, carefully selected for its special and unique caracteristics.
In 1990, the famous Champange Roederer’s house, lead by Jean-Claude Rouzaud, acquires Ramos Pinto’s house, integrating it since then, a vast legacy of traditicion and competence.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Ramos Pinto’s House has four farms at Demarcated Region of Douro named Retiro, Urtiga, Bons Ares and Ervamoira.
The biggest farm owned by the Ramos Pinto’s House has 150ha of vineyards, standing from 110 to 340 meters above sea level.
António Ramos Pinto, propriétaire d’une maison de photographies, dans la ville de Porto, n’a pas pu résister au défi de son frère, et fondateur de la compagnie de vin Adriano. Les deux mis en place une équipe solide et imbattable, où António était le gérant.
The oldest LBV record at the Instituto do Vinho do Douro e Porto (IVDP) is from 1927 and belongs to Ramos Pinto’s House.
In 1981, it was presented by João Nicolau, nephew of José Rosas, manager of Ramos Pinto’s House, who the only had done technical study about the Douro grape varieties, which are until the present day, the ones used to produce the Port and the Douro wines. The grape varieties are Touriga Nacional, Aragonês, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca and Tinto Cão.
Besides using the technique of planting in terraces, the Ramos Pinto’s House has innovated and started growing the vines up-high, parallel to the contour lines, mechanizing and maximizing the all process of production.
- 10 Years Port Wine, Brands, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Wine TypesA great Tawny from a blend with an average age of 10 years, reveals a brilliant orange reddish colour with golden reflections and exotic aromas, slightly spicy. Full bodied and the richness of flavours make this Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira 10 Years an irresistible and tempting Port wine.€26,52€26,52
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 1990 to 2000, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesRamos Pinto Vintage 2000 is a quite fruity with a complex aroma, combining ripe plum, red fruit jam, small-berry fruit as well as dark chocolate and pepper notes. Structured and full-bodied in the mouth, finishes off in a seductive velvety way with a hot and long aftertaste. High concentration of firm tannins which provides ageing potential.€70,12€70,12
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Vintage Port Wine, Wine Types2004 was considered a great wine year. The dry onset of 2004 regarding the weather conditions, followed by a good precipitation in August and a September with persistent sun and temperatures around 30 ° C, allowed an extraordinarily good harvest and a perfectly concentrated wine with great balance. This Ramos Pinto Vintage 2004 Port is rich in ripe fruit and firm tannins, with a strong berries flavour and a delicate resin touch. Long, persistent and energetic finish.€78,72€78,72
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesSince 2003 was a Vintage year, a well structured and full bodied Ramos Pinto Vintage Port emerges. With a complex aroma, combining red fruit with spices and dark chocolate and pepper notes. Ramos Pinto Vintage 2003 has an opaque purple colour granted by the ripe fruit and the strong and vigorous tannins, which also give it a big ageing capacity. Finishes with an intense and persevering way, its structure is able to provide a good savouring, being easy to drink and enjoy.€85,56€85,56
- Brands, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, White Port Wine, Wine TypesRamos Pinto Adriano White Reserve, is a wine created in honor of the founder of Ramos Pinto House. It is a Port created from a blend of 6 to 7 years that has aged in wood barrels. With a vibrant colour, reveals fantastic flavours of fresh fruit and soft notes of nuts, provided through the aging period in oak casks.€20,14€20,14
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Vintage Port Wine, Wine Types2007 Vintage Port whose spirit is unconditionally Portuguese, visible in the sharpness of the cherry liquor, in the very ripe fruit that gives it the opaque purplish-red colour. Like any other Ramos Pinto, this 2007 Vintage Port is no exception in presenting a full-bodied palate, with structured and strong tannins that give it great ageing ability. Nonetheless, this wine is at the same time subtle and very sweet, sensation intuitively transmitted by the ripe fruit. Violets, fennel and ripe red berries accentuated aromas; dark chocolate and pepper notes.€72,40€72,40
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesRamos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira Vintage 2009 is a very expressive and intense Port Wine. Considered a healthy year, with little or no pesticide treatments, it originated this Vintage Port of remarkable harmony and perfect balance, with a bright colour, from deep red to purple reflections. Red fruits are the predominance of this wine, such as raspberry and strawberry, without missing the rock rose notes and cedar balsamics. The ideal maturation degree allowed the constitution of satin and voluptuous tannins.€67,65€67,65
- After 2010, Brands, Dated Port Wines, Port Wines, Ramos Pinto, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesWith an intense reddish ruby colour, Ramos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro Vintage 2014 Port is a wine that, in the nose, has seductive aromas where it stands out fragrances of wild berries such as blackberries, perfectly balanced by delicate floral notes of lavender, violets and spices like back pepper. In the mouth, it is a fresh and elegant Port, with flavours of black fruits, such as blackberries and plums, soft coffee notes and slight nuances of pine tree. In the mouth, the tannins are fresh and silky, providing a long and irresistible aftertaste.€97,64€97,64