Ramos Pinto House
BORN TO LIGHT UP SENSES
It was at age 21, in 1880, that Adriano Ramos Pinto founded a wine company, with his name. After the change to a shareholding society, which conducted to the creation of an inovating team, that took over in the early twentieth century the leadership of the Brazilian market, his company is becoming responsible for half of the wine export to South America.
Pioneering innovation and producing high quality bottled wine did conquer many connoisseurs and wine lovers in Portugal and Europe. Ramos Pinto has devoted his entire life to this house, the wines have gained notoriety until the present day, due to a strong investment in the modernization of the different stages of the process, as well as in research, and he has given special attention to packaging and advertaising.
Proudlly and from the begining, Ramos Pinto’s House, assumes a production policy of developing its wines exclusively made off grapes coming from its own farms. It is due this fact, that it maintains a production of undoubted quality wines, having farms in a total of 360ha, at the Douro region, carefully selected for its special and unique caracteristics.
In 1990, the famous Champange Roederer’s house, lead by Jean-Claude Rouzaud, acquires Ramos Pinto’s house, integrating it since then, a vast legacy of traditicion and competence.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Ramos Pinto’s House has four farms at Demarcated Region of Douro named Retiro, Urtiga, Bons Ares and Ervamoira.
The biggest farm owned by the Ramos Pinto’s House has 150ha of vineyards, standing from 110 to 340 meters above sea level.
António Ramos Pinto, propriétaire d’une maison de photographies, dans la ville de Porto, n’a pas pu résister au défi de son frère, et fondateur de la compagnie de vin Adriano. Les deux mis en place une équipe solide et imbattable, où António était le gérant.
The oldest LBV record at the Instituto do Vinho do Douro e Porto (IVDP) is from 1927 and belongs to Ramos Pinto’s House.
In 1981, it was presented by João Nicolau, nephew of José Rosas, manager of Ramos Pinto’s House, who the only had done technical study about the Douro grape varieties, which are until the present day, the ones used to produce the Port and the Douro wines. The grape varieties are Touriga Nacional, Aragonês, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca and Tinto Cão.
Besides using the technique of planting in terraces, the Ramos Pinto’s House has innovated and started growing the vines up-high, parallel to the contour lines, mechanizing and maximizing the all process of production.
- QuickviewThis is the sweetest of all Port wines with around 140 grams of sugar per litre. Predominantly golden colour. Within its characteristic fruit and sweetness, floral aromas of camomile and orange blossom stand out with hints of honey. It has a light, unctuous palate with flavours of ripe fruit surrounded by an intense freshness. A rich, persistent finish with a pleasant touch of honey.9,59€
- QuickviewWith an intense reddish ruby colour, Ramos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro Vintage 2014 Port is a wine that, in the nose, has seductive aromas where it stands out fragrances of wild berries such as blackberries, perfectly balanced by delicate floral notes of lavender, violets and spices like back pepper. In the mouth, it is a fresh and elegant Port, with flavours of black fruits, such as blackberries and plums, soft coffee notes and slight nuances of pine tree. In the mouth, the tannins are fresh and silky, providing a long and irresistible aftertaste.111,16€
- QuickviewA great Tawny from a blend with an average age of 10 years, reveals a brilliant orange reddish colour with golden reflections and exotic aromas, slightly spicy. Full bodied and the richness of flavours make this Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira 10 Years an irresistible and tempting Port wine.26,52€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Vintage 2000 is a quite fruity with a complex aroma, combining ripe plum, red fruit jam, small-berry fruit as well as dark chocolate and pepper notes. Structured and full-bodied in the mouth, finishes off in a seductive velvety way with a hot and long aftertaste. High concentration of firm tannins which provides ageing potential.55,40€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Porto 30 Years is a wine created from wine batches from Ramos Pinto House farms situated in the Douro region. The 30 year old Port was created from wines which have been aging for several decades in wooden casks. It features a brown colour with orange and greenish nuances, characteristic from old Port wines. An elegant Port with aromas of vanilla, dried fruit and some notes of spices, especially cinnamon and cocoa.87,03€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira Vintage 2009 is a very expressive and intense Port Wine. Considered a healthy year, with little or no pesticide treatments, it originated this Vintage Port of remarkable harmony and perfect balance, with a bright colour, from deep red to purple reflections. Red fruits are the predominance of this wine, such as raspberry and strawberry, without missing the rock rose notes and cedar balsamics. The ideal maturation degree allowed the constitution of satin and voluptuous tannins.67,65€
- Quickview2004 was considered a great wine year. The dry onset of 2004 regarding the weather conditions, followed by a good precipitation in August and a September with persistent sun and temperatures around 30 ° C, allowed an extraordinarily good harvest and a perfectly concentrated wine with great balance. This Ramos Pinto Vintage 2004 Port is rich in ripe fruit and firm tannins, with a strong berries flavour and a delicate resin touch. Long, persistent and energetic finish.65,47€
- QuickviewThe year of 2005 was a year in which were produced high quality wines, despite the extremely dry weather during the grapes prodution. Ramos Pinto Quinta de Ervamoira Vintage is a Port wine of intense opaque colour and violet shades. It is a Port with a stylish, powerful and intense aroma of the ripe fruits like blackcurrant, plum and blackberry as well as some notes of cedar, resin, rockrose and chocolate.52,59€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro 20 Years is a blend with an age average of 20 years, that from a careful selection of several batches of one of the oldest Douro’s farms - Quinta do Bom Retiro The period in which was kept in wood, has modified its colour, evolving from a red colour to vibrant tons of orange brick and vibrant yellow. A classic Tawny.56,78€
- Quickview2007 Vintage Port whose spirit is unconditionally Portuguese, visible in the sharpness of the cherry liquor, in the very ripe fruit that gives it the opaque purplish-red colour. Like any other Ramos Pinto, this 2007 Vintage Port is no exception in presenting a full-bodied palate, with structured and strong tannins that give it great ageing ability. Nonetheless, this wine is at the same time subtle and very sweet, sensation intuitively transmitted by the ripe fruit. Violets, fennel and ripe red berries accentuated aromas; dark chocolate and pepper notes.74,51€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Adriano White Reserve, is a wine created in honor of the founder of Ramos Pinto House. It is a Port created from a blend of 6 to 7 years that has aged in wood barrels. With a vibrant colour, reveals fantastic flavours of fresh fruit and soft notes of nuts, provided through the aging period in oak casks.19,42€
- QuickviewFrom the sub-region of the Upper Douro, which ranges between 110 and 340 meters above sea level, emerges Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira Vintage 2007 Port. Considered a Single among the farms Vintages, it is an award-winning wine, holder of a bronze, silver and gold medals. Extraordinarily elegant and complex aroma, under which emanates aromas of eucalyptus, rock rose, red and wild berry ripe fruit, such as strawberries and blackberry, and chocolate aromas, and cedar balsamic notes. Soft tannins give it a satin touch and a haughty persistence.67,64€