FREE SHIPPING OVER 200€

Ramos Pinto House

Ramos Pinto House

BORN TO LIGHT UP SENSES

It was at age 21, in 1880, that Adriano Ramos Pinto founded a wine company, with his name. After the change to a shareholding society, which conducted to the creation of an inovating team, that took over in the early twentieth century the leadership of the Brazilian market, his company is becoming responsible for half of the wine export to South America.

 

Pioneering innovation and producing high quality bottled wine did conquer many connoisseurs and wine lovers in Portugal and Europe. Ramos Pinto has devoted his entire life to this house, the wines have gained notoriety until the present day, due to a strong investment in the modernization of the different stages of the process, as well as in research, and he has given special attention to packaging and advertaising.

 

Proudlly and from the begining, Ramos Pinto’s House, assumes a production policy of developing its wines exclusively made off grapes coming from its own farms. It is due this fact, that it maintains a production of undoubted quality wines, having farms in a total of 360ha, at the Douro region, carefully selected for its special and unique caracteristics.

 

In 1990, the famous Champange Roederer’s house, lead by Jean-Claude Rouzaud, acquires Ramos Pinto’s house, integrating it since then, a vast legacy of traditicion and competence.

 

Ramos Pinto Haus Portwein

DID YOU KNOW…

The Ramos Pinto’s House has four farms at Demarcated Region of Douro named Retiro, Urtiga, Bons Ares and Ervamoira.

 

The biggest farm owned by the Ramos Pinto’s House has 150ha of vineyards, standing from 110 to 340 meters above sea level.

 

António Ramos Pinto, propriétaire d’une maison de photographies, dans la ville de Porto, n’a pas pu résister au défi de son frère, et fondateur de la compagnie de vin Adriano. Les deux mis en place une équipe solide et imbattable, où António était le gérant.

 

The oldest LBV record at the Instituto do Vinho do Douro e Porto (IVDP) is from 1927 and belongs to Ramos Pinto’s House.

 

In 1981, it was presented by João Nicolau, nephew of José Rosas, manager of Ramos Pinto’s House, who the only had done technical study about the Douro grape varieties, which are until the present day, the ones used to produce the Port and the Douro wines. The grape varieties are Touriga Nacional, Aragonês, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca and Tinto Cão.

 

Besides using the technique of planting in terraces, the Ramos Pinto’s House has innovated and started growing the vines up-high, parallel to the contour lines, mechanizing and maximizing the all process of production.

Free shipping over 200

Secure Payments

Quality Guarantee

Customer Satisfaction