Quinta do Vallado House
A HOUSE WITH TRADITION
It is one of the oldest Quintas of the Douro Valley, which belonged to Mrs. Antónia, the ’Ferreirinha’, and it remains since 1716, the year it was built, connected to her family and in possession of her descendants.
This connection to the Ferreira house and the tradition to sell their production was interrupted by Guilherme Álvares Ribeiro and his wife Maria Antónia Ferreira in 1933, thereby initiating the production and marketing of wines under its own brand.
The thorough restructuring of the vineyards, the investment in high-quality grape varieties and planting systems that favour the production process and quality production, carried out under the supervision of Prof. Nuno Magalhães, allowed the creation of the Port wines of high quality, which lasted to the present day, Quinta do Vallado reached a high status and is recognized internationally.
DID YOU KNOW…
The current owners of the Quinta do Vallado are all great-great-grandsons of Mrs. Antónia?
The Quinta do Vallado created the ’Box of 100 years’ with their 10, 20, 30 and 40 Year old Tawnys?
Vintage Adelaide 2011 from Quinta do Vallado is one of the ’hot picks’ of the November issue of Wine Spectator?
- QuickviewThe prestigious Vallado house has created a very special and exclusive edition: a box of 100 years. In this box of a very elegant design, Vallado has reunited its four tawnies with age indication: the classic 10 year old tawny, the elegant 20 year old tawny, the complex 30 year old tawny and also the outstanding and refined 40 year old tawny, resulting in a very special pack of 100 years of Port wine.176,71€
- QuickviewBuilt in 1976, Quinta do Vallado is one of the oldest and most prestigious houses in the Douro Valley. With nearly 200 years of history, the Quinta do Vallado has shown over the year’s magnificent wine production. The latest is this Vallado Adelaide Vintage 2014, a wine that surprises by its intense aromas of ripe fruit and soft tannins, providing a lasting finish.41,99€
- QuickviewWith a complex and attractive olfactory blending, ranging from orange zest to ripe fig, toasted almonds and pralines, this Vallado 30 Years Tawny Port is a great temptation and suggestion. Amber colour with orange hints with an average acidity. Very intense and true mastery in combining nutty and honeyed notes. Quite persistent finish, with bursting aftertaste on the palate due to the orange jam flavour.62,98€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vallado Tawny 40 Years is a Port Wine that reveals caramel inflamed notes in the aroma, dry fruit such as hazelnut, walnut and abundance in coffee. With a strong hint of spices and cinnamon and cloves prominence. Of great structure and concentration, displays a faultless acidity and freshness. Elegant, condensed, full-bodied and enhanced with an endless aftertaste.94,46€
- QuickviewA Tawny Port that combines caramelized nuts, praline and candied orange notes with tobacco hints, which allow this 10 Years Old Tawnys an undisputed quality. Quinta do Vallado Tawny 10 Years is a rich, silky taste with the Tawny freshness to which Quinta do Vallado has already accustomed us to. The irrefutable primacy of persistence and complexity of finish.15,73€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vallado Tawny 20 Years is a very rich and aromatic wine, which combines dried fruit with cigar notes. With freshness that characterizes much of the Quinta do Vallado Tawny, unctuous liquorice flavour, with round finish in the mouth. A Silver Medal Wine awarded by the "International Wine Challenge 2004" in May 2004 and by Wine Magazine "in the same month of 2004. Be sure to evaluate this excellent suggestion yourself.30,75€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vallado Adelaide Vintage 2009 is quite impressive Port due to its concentration, depth of fruit and aristocratic profile. With an intense dark fruit aroma and full-bodied flavour with ripe and smooth tannins, which caress the taste buds with its velvety character. Port with excellent texture and complexity with long, persistent finish and no edges.44,03€