Quinta do Noval House
SINCE 1715 TILL YOUR DAYS
The first land records of Quinta do Noval are in 1715. Property of Rebello Valente family for over a century, given by Marquês de Pombal, was acquired by a famous business man José António da Silva, in 1894, after the devastation by phylloxera. José António da Silva, promoted the restructuration of Quinta do Noval, by renewing buildings and re-growing vineyards. But, it would be his visionary son-in-law, Luiz Vasconcelos Porto who has revived the Quinta do Noval, by transforming tight lodges into larger lodges, allowing a better use of the soil with better sun exposure, in benefit of the vineyard quality.
The wine’s declaration in 1931, Quinta do Noval Porto Vintage (probably the most remarkable wine of the XX century), the recognition and expansion of the brand, has projected the company to a spotlight inside the most dignified Port wine houses.
In 1958, Quinta do Noval was the first house to launch a ‘Late Bottled Vintage’ Port, with its1954 LBV. It was the achievement of a creation of a new Port wine category, that was been discussed for a long time.
The Quinta Noval belongs, since 1993, to AXA Millésimes, and is part of the prestigious viticultural heritage composed of big names, such as Disznókő on Tokaj, Hungary and in France, Château Pichon-Longueville on Pauillac, Château Suduiraut on Sauternes, Château Petit-Village on Pomerol, Domaine de l’Arlot in Burgundy and MAS Belles Eaux on region Languedoc.
In 1994, Quinta do Noval has started a modernization programme, by replantating e renovating the vineyards, introducing noble species, growing methodologies, according with the needs of wich lodge, proper to the ’terroir’. It was also concluded in 1997, in Alijó, a modern line bottling and storage, becoming one of the best villas in Oporto.
DID YOU KNOW…
It was Quinta de Noval, who has introduced the OLD TAWNY concept pointing out the year (10, 20 and over 40 years).
The Quinta do Noval was the first one to introduce the pyrographed bottles, on the 20´s.
In the fall of 1981, a fire has destroyed the cellars of Quinta do Noval, in Vila Nova de Gaia, and in the year of 1982, it has started the construction of an enormous cellar on Quinta de Noval, known as ’Cathedral’, where all the stocks had been moved to.
Quinta de Noval has introduced a new category of Port wine – o LBV (Late Bottled Vintage), in 1958.
Quinta do Noval offers an unfiltered Single Quinta LBV, made entirely of the grapes coming from the farm and foot trodden in mills, as it is done for wines Port Vintage.
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2014 Port distinguishes itself among the several vintages of the same year for the fruit purity and unique quality. Elegance, balance, harmony and delicacy are unique characteristics of Vintage wines, acquiring only this designation in exceptional years and only with wines that can reach the rigorous and selective standards of Noval. Quinta do Noval Vintage 2014 was distinguished with an impressive score of 17.5 / 20 by the renowned Wine Magazine.$165,46
- QuickviewCitrine colour with an intense and fruity bouquet, this Noval Extra Dry Wite features itself as an elegant wine in the palate. It presents a good alcohol, sugar and acidity balance which gives the wine the nerve and the freshness of an appetizer and a long and pleasant finish.$19,36
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Fine Ruby has a bright ruby colour. On the nose is intense and youthful, being impossible to stay indifferent to its distinctive fruity character of wild berries. On the palate, it is a well balanced Port Wine with intense fruity flavours.$16,40
- QuickviewThis Quinta do Noval has a bright, golden colour with a hint of almond on the nose. On the palate it is possible to experience the fresh fruit and some almonds to finish. Enjoy it as na appetizer or with irresistible desserts.$18,23
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2008 Port in another exceptional year. 2008 was a year of low production, which resulted in a more concentrated, structured and extremely aromatic Vintage wines that maintained its own characteristics and Novals high quality standards. Book this gift of nature now and keep this unique wine in your cellar to celebrate a special occasion. Bottled in 2010$196,31
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.$23,84
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval 20 Years Tawny is a Port Wine recognized by its age complexity and simultaneously able to present a truly irresistible freshness. Balanced, harmonious, delicate, elegant and long. The right option to take into account. Indulge!$98,19
- QuickviewA Port created from wine batches selected from a single harvest, with a good aging capacity. After the harvest these wines are aged in wooden casks for a minimum period of seven years. The Quinta do Noval Harvest 1986 has a clear amber colour, aromas of cedar, nuts and spices. On the palate quite fresh and silky, with a long and persistent finish.$276,12
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Black is considered for its producers a new way to drink Port, destined to be enjoyed with dark chocolate or simply appreciated chilled, being also possible to use it as a cocktail ingrediente. Christian Seely, from the Wine & Spirits magazine described this Noval as a revolutionary new style of Port. He highlights the intense aromas and powerful black cherry flavours and spicy notes provides its juiciness finish. Quinta do Noval Black is a Port Wine "At the level of many of the region's best LBVs, this wine may become a staple for a new generation of Port drinkers." (Wine & Spirits).$24,94
- QuickviewWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.$20,87
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2000 it is incredibly pure and concentrated ruby/purple colour wine, with a good depth. On the palate is intense with very sweet blackberries notes and on the nose you will find aromas of cassis, chocolate, liquorice and spice. It is an elegant, full bodied wine, with a moderate sweetness.$221,14
- QuickviewThis Quinta do Noval Tawny has Aromas: notes of nuts and dried fruit. Taste: mild and soft, elegant and delicate wine Important suggestion: all port wines should be tasted at a temperature of 10ºc. Just so we can enjoy the elegance and sweetness of these wines. When served the temperatures soon realizes the highest port alcohol, which decreases sensibly the pleasure of tasting these wines.$17,88
- QuickviewNoval Harvest 2000 Port is elegant with red hints. With pomegranates, caramel, iodine and sweet spices. Highly differentiated flavour due to the particularity of sweet spices, pepper, freshness and balance between old and young. While 10, 20 and 40 Years Old Tawny Ports are wine batches designed to maintain a style, the Harvest 2000 takes its personality from its year of production. These are wines of batches chosen in exceptional years with extraordinary ageing potential. Truly unique Port.$98,15
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2003 Port Wine elegance and personality are some of the factors that contributed to this Ports distinction, which is considered one of the best in the world by the best 2010 sommelier, Luca Gardini. A Port Wine that resisted the phylloxera never having needed to suffer grafts. With full bodied tannins, that provide it good aging potential, transformed it into an exceptional quality wine.$173,00
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval 10 Years Tawny perfectly represents Noval Tawny style. The hallmarks of an Old Tawny Port Wine were acquired, fully preserving the fruit of its youth and the freshness which features it completely. A perfect expression of the Noval Tawny style. It has acquired the classical attributes of an old Tawny Port, while at the same time retaining much of the freshness and fruit of its youth$38,77
- QuickviewA Port is a wine produced with wine batches selected from a single harvest, and that have a great capacity for ageing. On average, a Harvest must be placed to agek in oak casks for at least seven years before being bottled. The Noval Harvest 1976 is a Port wine with a yellow-brown colour and with delicious citrus aromas. On the palate has quite rich and complex flavours, presenting the typical flavour of an old Port with the freshness and vigour of a younger Port.$251,95
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 40 Years is a wine with a dark brown hue with golden edge and green reflections, a Port Wine aged in wood. Concentrated and complex wine that retains the perfect balance. The freshness is considered a very important characteristic in Old Tawny Port Wine.$214,48