Quinta do Noval House
SINCE 1715 TILL YOUR DAYS
The wine’s declaration in 1931, Quinta do Noval Porto Vintage (probably the most remarkable wine of the XX century), the recognition and expansion of the brand, has projected the company to a spotlight inside the most dignified Port wine houses.
In 1958, Quinta do Noval was the first house to launch a ‘Late Bottled Vintage’ Port, with its1954 LBV. It was the achievement of a creation of a new Port wine category, that was been discussed for a long time.
The Quinta Noval belongs, since 1993, to AXA Millésimes, and is part of the prestigious viticultural heritage composed of big names, such as Disznókő on Tokaj, Hungary and in France, Château Pichon-Longueville on Pauillac, Château Suduiraut on Sauternes, Château Petit-Village on Pomerol, Domaine de l’Arlot in Burgundy and MAS Belles Eaux on region Languedoc.
In 1994, Quinta do Noval has started a modernization programme, by replantating e renovating the vineyards, introducing noble species, growing methodologies, according with the needs of wich lodge, proper to the ’terroir’. It was also concluded in 1997, in Alijó, a modern line bottling and storage, becoming one of the best villas in Oporto.
DID YOU KNOW…
It was Quinta de Noval, who has introduced the OLD TAWNY concept pointing out the year (10, 20 and over 40 years).
The Quinta do Noval was the first one to introduce the pyrographed bottles, on the 20´s.
In the fall of 1981, a fire has destroyed the cellars of Quinta do Noval, in Vila Nova de Gaia, and in the year of 1982, it has started the construction of an enormous cellar on Quinta de Noval, known as ’Cathedral’, where all the stocks had been moved to.
Quinta de Noval has introduced a new category of Port wine – o LBV (Late Bottled Vintage), in 1958.
Quinta do Noval offers an unfiltered Single Quinta LBV, made entirely of the grapes coming from the farm and foot trodden in mills, as it is done for wines Port Vintage.
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 1990 to 2000, Harvest, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Wine TypesNoval Harvest 2000 Port is elegant with red hints. With pomegranates, caramel, iodine and sweet spices. Highly differentiated flavour due to the particularity of sweet spices, pepper, freshness and balance between old and young. While 10, 20 and 40 Years Old Tawny Ports are wine batches designed to maintain a style, the Harvest 2000 takes its personality from its year of production. These are wines of batches chosen in exceptional years with extraordinary ageing potential. Truly unique Port.€86,10€86,10
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Vintage 2008 Port in another exceptional year. 2008 was a year of low production, which resulted in a more concentrated, structured and extremely aromatic Vintage wines that maintained its own characteristics and Novals high quality standards. Book this gift of nature now and keep this unique wine in your cellar to celebrate a special occasion. Bottled in 2010€172,20€172,20
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 1980 to 1990, Harvest, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Wine TypesA Port created from wine batches selected from a single harvest, with a good aging capacity. After the harvest these wines are aged in wooden casks for a minimum period of seven years. The Quinta do Noval Harvest 1986 has a clear amber colour, aromas of cedar, nuts and spices. On the palate quite fresh and silky, with a long and persistent finish.€242,21
Free shipping for EU countries.€242,21
- Brands, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, White Port Wine, Wine TypesWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.€18,31€18,31
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Vintage 2000 it is incredibly pure and concentrated ruby/purple colour wine, with a good depth. On the palate is intense with very sweet blackberries notes and on the nose you will find aromas of cassis, chocolate, liquorice and spice. It is an elegant, full bodied wine, with a moderate sweetness.€193,98€193,98
- Brands, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Ruby Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Fine Ruby has a bright ruby colour. On the nose is intense and youthful, being impossible to stay indifferent to its distinctive fruity character of wild berries. On the palate, it is a well balanced Port Wine with intense fruity flavours.€14,38€14,38
- After 2010, Brands, Dated Port Wines, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Vintage 2014 Port distinguishes itself among the several vintages of the same year for the fruit purity and unique quality. Elegance, balance, harmony and delicacy are unique characteristics of Vintage wines, acquiring only this designation in exceptional years and only with wines that can reach the rigorous and selective standards of Noval. Quinta do Noval Vintage 2014 was distinguished with an impressive score of 17.5 / 20 by the renowned Wine Magazine.€145,14€145,14
- Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Port Wines, Quinta do Noval, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Vintage 2003 Port Wine elegance and personality are some of the factors that contributed to this Ports distinction, which is considered one of the best in the world by the best 2010 sommelier, Luca Gardini. A Port Wine that resisted the phylloxera never having needed to suffer grafts. With full bodied tannins, that provide it good aging potential, transformed it into an exceptional quality wine.€156,92€156,92