Quinta do Noval House
SINCE 1715 TILL YOUR DAYS
The wine’s declaration in 1931, Quinta do Noval Porto Vintage (probably the most remarkable wine of the XX century), the recognition and expansion of the brand, has projected the company to a spotlight inside the most dignified Port wine houses.
In 1958, Quinta do Noval was the first house to launch a ‘Late Bottled Vintage’ Port, with its1954 LBV. It was the achievement of a creation of a new Port wine category, that was been discussed for a long time.
The Quinta Noval belongs, since 1993, to AXA Millésimes, and is part of the prestigious viticultural heritage composed of big names, such as Disznókő on Tokaj, Hungary and in France, Château Pichon-Longueville on Pauillac, Château Suduiraut on Sauternes, Château Petit-Village on Pomerol, Domaine de l’Arlot in Burgundy and MAS Belles Eaux on region Languedoc.
In 1994, Quinta do Noval has started a modernization programme, by replantating e renovating the vineyards, introducing noble species, growing methodologies, according with the needs of wich lodge, proper to the ’terroir’. It was also concluded in 1997, in Alijó, a modern line bottling and storage, becoming one of the best villas in Oporto.
DID YOU KNOW…
It was Quinta de Noval, who has introduced the OLD TAWNY concept pointing out the year (10, 20 and over 40 years).
The Quinta do Noval was the first one to introduce the pyrographed bottles, on the 20´s.
In the fall of 1981, a fire has destroyed the cellars of Quinta do Noval, in Vila Nova de Gaia, and in the year of 1982, it has started the construction of an enormous cellar on Quinta de Noval, known as ’Cathedral’, where all the stocks had been moved to.
Quinta de Noval has introduced a new category of Port wine – o LBV (Late Bottled Vintage), in 1958.
Quinta do Noval offers an unfiltered Single Quinta LBV, made entirely of the grapes coming from the farm and foot trodden in mills, as it is done for wines Port Vintage.
- Port Wines, Brands, Quinta do Noval, Ruby Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Fine Ruby has a bright ruby colour. On the nose is intense and youthful, being impossible to stay indifferent to its distinctive fruity character of wild berries. On the palate, it is a well balanced Port Wine with intense fruity flavours.
€15,02In Stock €15,02
- 10 Years Port Wine, Half-bottles, Quinta do Noval, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.
€23,43In Stock €23,43
- Port Wines, Brands, Quinta do Noval, White Port Wine, Wine TypesWith a bright golden colour it features an intense and fruity bouquet. In the mouth is sweet, creamy and it is possible to feel hints of hazelnuts. It has a good balance of alcohol, sugar and acidity, which gives the wine its characteristic freshness, providing a long and pleasant finish.
€20,53In Stock €20,53
- Port Wines, 10 Years Port Wine, Brands, Quinta do Noval, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval 10 Years Tawny perfectly represents Noval Tawny style. The hallmarks of an Old Tawny Port Wine were acquired, fully preserving the fruit of its youth and the freshness which features it completely. A perfect expression of the Noval Tawny style. It has acquired the classical attributes of an old Tawny Port, while at the same time retaining much of the freshness and fruit of its youth
€38,11In Stock €38,11
- Port Wines, Brands, Quinta do Noval, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesThis Quinta do Noval Tawny has Aromas: notes of nuts and dried fruit. Taste: mild and soft, elegant and delicate wine Important suggestion: all port wines should be tasted at a temperature of 10ºc. Just so we can enjoy the elegance and sweetness of these wines. When served the temperatures soon realizes the highest port alcohol, which decreases sensibly the pleasure of tasting these wines.
€17,60In Stock €17,60
- Port Wines, Brands, Quinta do Noval, White Port Wine, Wine TypesCitrine colour with an intense and fruity bouquet, this Noval Extra Dry Wite features itself as an elegant wine in the palate. It presents a good alcohol, sugar and acidity balance which gives the wine the nerve and the freshness of an appetizer and a long and pleasant finish.
€18,88In Stock €18,88
- Port Wines, Brands, Dated Port Wines, From 2000 to 2010, Quinta do Noval, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval Vintage 2003 Port Wine elegance and personality are some of the factors that contributed to this Ports distinction, which is considered one of the best in the world by the best 2010 sommelier, Luca Gardini. A Port Wine that resisted the phylloxera never having needed to suffer grafts. With full bodied tannins, that provide it good aging potential, transformed it into an exceptional quality wine.
€164,52In Stock €164,52
- Port Wines, 20 Years Port Wine, Brands, Quinta do Noval, Wine TypesQuinta do Noval 20 Years Tawny is a Port Wine recognized by its age complexity and simultaneously able to present a truly irresistible freshness. Balanced, harmonious, delicate, elegant and long. The right option to take into account. Indulge!
€94,39In Stock €94,39