MORE THAN A HALF CENTURY OF HISTORY
In the second generation, led by Eduard Karel, Niepoort presented itself as a thriving company.
The third generation was driven by Eduard Marius Niepoort, considered extremely skilful and a natural scientist.
In the fourth generation Niepoort overcame a period of financial difficulty. Eduard Rudolf van der Niepoort, managed the company at the time and devoted himself to external and internal trade relations to Niepoort. His experience has successfully overcome the difficulties of the company.
Now, the fifth generation is managed by the brothers Eduard Dirk Niepoort and Verena Niepoort. Eduard Dirk Niepoort is ahead of the company since 2005 and has acquired is own vineyards, Quinta do Carril and Quinta de Nápoles. Here, is where is produce some of the best Port wines. Verena Niepoort, is also executive director since 2005.
For over 150 years dedicated in the production of Port wine, the Niepoort cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia, are extraordinary places where the wines aged according to traditions that where preserved from generation to generation.
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, White Port Wine, Wine TypesNiepoort White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine go through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.
€10,02In Stock €10,02
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesNiepoort Tawny is produced with grapes from low production vineyards of Douro Valley. They are young wines that result from several harvest and age for about three and a half years in old oak barrels. The Niepoort Tawny is a Port that owns a bright colour and powerful aromas of nuts and dried fruits.
€10,63In Stock €10,63
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesUnlike Niepoort The Junior Ruby that was a wine directed to a younger audience, Niepoort The Senior Tawny was created to attract an older crowd. The Senior Tawny is a wine that spends most of its time ageing in oak barrels, allowing a smooth and slight contact with oxygen, which gives origin to a slower oxidation over the years. It is a dark red brick colour wine with rich and full bodied aromas.
€14,92In Stock €14,92
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, White Port Wine, Wine TypesNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. This Special Edition "Rabbit" is created based on the characters from "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll. Enjoy it now!
€12,34In Stock €12,34
- Port Wines, After 2010, Brands, Dated Port Wines, LBV Port Wine, Niepoort, Wine TypesWith a bright red appearance and sublime fragrance of dark fruits like cherries and a soft floral character, make the Niepoort LBV a real temptation for Port wine lovers.
€20,36In Stock €20,36
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, White Port Wine, Wine TypesNiepoort Dry White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.
€12,34In Stock €12,34
- Port Wines, 10 Years Port Wine, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, Wine TypesTawnys with indication of age are wines that result from the mixture of different wine batches with average ages of 10 years. The long aging in small oak casks provide it its vibrant colour and the amazing complexity of flavours and aromas. Niepoort Tawny 10 Years is a Port wine with a deep golden colour and intense scents of candied fruit and apricots.
€38,44In Stock €38,44
- Port Wines, 20 Years Port Wine, Black Friday, Brands, Niepoort, Wine TypesNiepoort Tawny 20 Years is a port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots and nuances of nuts.
€73,23In Stock €73,23