MORE THAN A HALF CENTURY OF HISTORY
Niepoort is a family brand for over a half century. Five generations followed since Franciscus Marius Niepoort came to Portugal to create the Niepoort company in 1842. With no land and vineyards, he began his career as a Port Wine merchant.
In the second generation, led by Eduard Karel, Niepoort presented itself as a thriving company.
The third generation was driven by Eduard Marius Niepoort, considered extremely skilful and a natural scientist.
In the fourth generation Niepoort overcame a period of financial difficulty. Eduard Rudolf van der Niepoort, managed the company at the time and devoted himself to external and internal trade relations to Niepoort. His experience has successfully overcome the difficulties of the company.
Now, the fifth generation is managed by the brothers Eduard Dirk Niepoort and Verena Niepoort. Eduard Dirk Niepoort is ahead of the company since 2005 and has acquired is own vineyards, Quinta do Carril and Quinta de Nápoles. Here, is where is produce some of the best Port wines. Verena Niepoort, is also executive director since 2005.
For over 150 years dedicated in the production of Port wine, the Niepoort cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia, are extraordinary places where the wines aged according to traditions that where preserved from generation to generation.
- QuickviewAged in oak casks for a minimum period of seven years before being bottled, the Harvest Ports are produced through a single harvest. The Niepoort Harvest 2001 is a dense, intense and fresh wine, with a great aromatic concentration and notes of dried fruits, like plums and apricots, and a slight touch of smoke. A bottle of 1, 5Lt that promote the aging of this Port wine, and being a Niepoort Harvest 2001 it has everything to become a great acquisition.72,59€
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 1999 is a reddish colour wine with some brownish-brick colour. It is a velvety Port with hints of dried apricots and caramel. ThisHarvest reveals its age at the beginning of the taste, but it also becomes fresh and slightly acid with a well defined structure and a long and complex aftertaste.49,20€
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny is produced with grapes from low production vineyards of Douro Valley. They are young wines that result from several harvest and age for about three and a half years in old oak barrels. The Niepoort Tawny is a Port that owns a bright colour and powerful aromas of nuts and dried fruits.7,36€
- QuickviewUnlike Niepoort The Junior Ruby that was a wine directed to a younger audience, Niepoort The Senior Tawny was created to attract an older crowd. The Senior Tawny is a wine that spends most of its time ageing in oak barrels, allowing a smooth and slight contact with oxygen, which gives origin to a slower oxidation over the years. It is a dark red brick colour wine with rich and full bodied aromas.14,54€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort LBV 2012 is considered one of the most iconic wines from Niepoort. Produced from a magnificent selection of high quality red Port wines.With a dark red color and aroma of cherries along with an elegant floral character, this wine turns out to be quite balanced and fresh, with a firm and robust finish.39,70€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port Wine that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant, mineral wine with delicate flavours with na impressing elegance and a long aftertaste.107,01€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. This Special Edition ""Rabbit"" is created based on the characters from ""Alice in Wonderland"" by Lewis Carroll. Enjoy it now!11,07€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.151,61€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort 30 Years Tawny is a wine that owns na intense brown colour with greenish reflexions, characteristic from the older Tawny wines. It presents itself as a wine from another era, quite vivid and with slight notes of coffee and liqueur.146,37€
- QuickviewHarvest Ports are Tawnies produced from a single harvest and then aged for at least 7 years in wooden casks before being bottled. The Niepoort Harvest 1934 is a wine of a vivid reddish colour and aromas of wood and nuts.827,33€
- QuickviewNiepoort White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine go through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.8,61€
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 2005 is a Port wine produced in the Vale de Mendiz wine cellar, where the grapes were "stepped" and then aged in Vila Nova de Gaia cellars in barrels of 550 litres. It is a wine that features a dark red-brick with brownish shades. Its aroma is quite clean, fresh and elegant with delicate nuances of dried fruits and spices.36,29€
- QuickviewThe Harvest Ports are wines from a single harvest that are aged in wood for at least seven years before being bottled. The Niepoort Harvest 1979 is a brownish-orange colour wine with green olive reflexes (which comes from the fact that it is aged for quite long in oak casks) and with aromas of smoke, notes of roasted coffee and orange zest.184,50€
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny 20 Years is a port with a deep reddish-brown colour and orange shades. It presents a fantastic aroma and taste of candied fruits and dried apricots and nuances of nuts.65,73€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. Enjoy a special occasion with friends and family and celebrate with this irresistible Niepoort Vintage 2009 5Lt, because special moments deserve a unique type of wine.608,51€
- QuickviewAged in oak casks for a minimum period of seven years before being bottled, the Harvest Ports are produced through a single harvest. The Niepoort Harvest 2001 is a dense, intense and fresh wine, with a great aromatic concentration and notes of dried fruits, like plums and apricots, and a slight touch of smoke.46,74€
- QuickviewTawnys with indication of age are wines that result from the mixture of different wine batches with average ages of 10 years. The long aging in small oak casks provide it its vibrant colour and the amazing complexity of flavours and aromas. Niepoort Tawny 10 Years is a Port wine with a deep golden colour and intense scents of candied fruit and apricots.34,44€
- QuickviewAged in oak casks for about 7 years, Harvest wines are ready to be immeadiatly served because they do not requireto be decanted. With a red brick colour and green reflexions, Niepoort Harvest 1968 presents powerful and complex aromas of citrus fruits, nuts and orange zest.230,02€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a balanced Vintage, with great concentration and simultaneously elegant and delicate. Is quite a mineral Port wine with balsamic notes, delicate flavours and elegant tannins. It features fruity and floral aromas providing a long and harmonious aftertaste. Surprise your family and friends during a special dinner and share with them this fantastic Vintage bottle of 1,5Lt.160,26€
- QuickviewHarvest wines are Tawny Ports from a single year, aged in wood casks for, at least, 7 years, and one tradition of Niepoort is aging the harvest wines a few more years before bottling.In this Niepoort Harvest 1997 it stands out its aroma and taste of candied fruits, roasted nuts and soft notes of smoke.147,27€
- QuickviewThe Vintage Ports are wines that have the particularity of being produced with wine bacthes from a single harvest, and then aged over several years. The Niepoort Vintage 1978 has pretty classic red colour, aromas of black plums and chocolate and deliciously smooth flavours of red fruits flavours, with a soft and light finish.184,49€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance.86,10€
- QuickviewThe release of Niepoort Vintage 2015 Port is the continuation of the Niepoort tradition that, year after year, surprises with the creation of harmonious Port Wines, with great concentration, elegance and delicacy. Among over 60,000 liters of quality wines, in 2017 Niepoort selected a 20,000 liters batch as being the best of the best. The result is a Vintage with great complexity, strength and concentration, as well as incredible elegance and freshness. The tannins are quite vigorous, however with a silky texture. This is a structured and fresh Port, that presents a lower level of sweetness and a balanced acidity.62,50€
- QuickviewThe grapes of this 2000 Harvest were "stepped" in the Vale de Mendiz cellar and then the wine aged at Niepoort cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia. The 2000 year has given origin to dense wines with fine elegant tannins. The Niepoort Harvest 2000 presents a reddish colour with brownish-brick colour shades. It has aromas of dried fruit, candied fruits and hints of plums and apricots.43,05€
- QuickviewVintage Port wines are bottled two years after their harvest, and then produced in a single year. The Niepoort Vintage 1980 owns a hypnotizing dark reddish colour, aromas of fresh fruit and spices as well as slight notes of cedar and rosemary. On the palate is a well structured wine with strong tannins and a lovely acidity.129,62€
- QuickviewFor a few years the Pisca vineyard was an essential part of the Niepoort Vintage wines, but in 2007 a small portion of this vineyard grapes was left aside and that wine was aged in casks, unlike what is usuall done that is aging in large barrels. This wine is then placed to age between two to three years before being bottled. Niepoort Vintage 2007 Pisca features a dense colour and fresh aroma with notes of dark fruits and chocolate.55,40€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 1982 presents itself as a red dark colour Port Wine with aromas of fresh fruit and hints of cedar and rosemary. It can be described as a full bodied wine, with well structured tannins and a balanced acidity.94,96€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White Port is a Port with an unusual style because the grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peel. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled.9,23€
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was important because it had all the ingredients to produce a classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening and perfect concentration as well as great acidity. Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruit, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be appreciated in a 3Lt bottle.338,80€
- QuickviewWith a deep dark red color, Niepoort Harvest 1997 presents soft notes candied fruits such as apricot and peach, dried fruits and light notes of smoke. The aftertaste is long and vibrant by the slight acidity of the wine.Niepoort Harvest 1997 goes well with eggs desserts or nuts; it can also be enjoyed as an appetizer when served fresh.79,95€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a quite balanced Vintage, with a great concentration and at the same time very elagant and delicate. Is a mineral Port with some balsamic notes, delicate flavour and elegant tannins. It features floral and fruity aromas that provide a long finish.98,40€
- QuickviewThe Secundum Port style can be described as a accessible Vintage Port that offers immediate satisfaction even though it has great evolutionary capacity. The Niepoort Secundum Vintage 1999 has a rich colour and intense ripe fruit aroma with delicate notes of chocolate and cocoa. Is a full bodied Vntage with firm but refined tannins and aromas of fresh berries and flowers.75,77€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and light green notes revealing a great elegance. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, revealing firm and long tannins.105,93€
- QuickviewProduced with grapes typical from low production vineyards of Douro Valley, Niepoort Tawny 1,5L is a wine that aged about 3 years in old wood oaks.With a shiny color and silky fragrance of toasted dried fruits, this wine is an irresistible temptation.21,65€
- QuickviewWith a bright red appearance and sublime fragrance of dark fruits like cherries and a soft floral character, make the Niepoort LBV 2012 a real temptation for Port wine lovers.20,30€
- QuickviewNiepoort Bioma is the excellence Vintage Port from Niepoort. The concept "Bioma" comes from the fact of this wine being produced only with grapes from a single vineyard, the Pisca Vineyard. The Niepoort Vintage 2008 Bioma is a Port Wine with an intense and bright colour, a refined aroma of black fruits, notes of pepper and a mineral and earthy character.72,84€
- QuickviewNiepoort 10 Years White is a unique and distinct Port Wine that was created having for basis some batches of Old White Port Wines. It has a classic style and a great aging, due to the fact of grapes maceration being more prolonged.34,44€
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2007 is a Port with a rich and intense colour, black fruit aromas and elegant, light greenish notes. On the palate is sweet but with a strong structure, with firm tannins that provide a long finish. All the charm and elegance of a Vintage reunited in a irresistible 1, 5Lt bottle that you can offer to your best friend!146,41€
- QuickviewDark red color, complex aromas of spices, red fruits, chocolate and soft notes of nuts, stands out the Niepoort Garrafeira 1977 among other Port wines.492,00€
- QuickviewWith a dark purple color, Niepoort Vintage Bioma 2013 leaves present in taste the magnificent flavor of dark red fruits, especially black plums and blackberries.The firm grainy tannins give structure to the wine, which leads to a grainy finish, but not aggressive.177,59€
- QuickviewTo celebrate the 170º anniversary of the Niepoort their were bottled 999 bottles VV Port Wine, where it was intended to create wine that presented the concentration and richness of original VV with the refinement and purity of Niepoort wines. The Niepoort VV Very Old Tawny is a deep brown colour with green olives reflexes. Presents a crystalline appearance and intense aromas of nuts, raisin, honey, coffee and smoke.1.457,55€
- QuickviewThe Niepoort Vintage 2003 is a Port that has everything to be one of the best Niepoorts Vintage in decades. An elegant wine, mineral with delicate flavours, a striking elegance and long aftertaste. It is a Vintage that you will not want to miss, and that is perfect to celebrate a special day with friends and share this 1,5 lt bottle.192,13€