A HOUSE WITH HISTORY SINCE 1815
Later, in 1822, the young Pedro Manoel Guimaraens moved to London to establish itself as a wine merchant in London. He played a decisive role in the success of this house. The Guimaraens family, who led the company for more than a century, led it to achieve its reputation as one of the best producers of Vintage Port houses. Finally came the Yeatman family, who run the company with great success since the second half of the twentieth century.
In the last quarter of the twentieth century, Fonseca House invested in the purchase of vineyards and vineyard renovation of the Douro valley, becoming also a pioneer of organic and sustainable viticulture while helping to preserve the unique and natural ecosystem of the Douro valley for future generations.
With this approach, the celebration of its bicentennial, Fonseca and their three farms (Panascal, Cruzeiro and Santo Antonio), that are well-differentiated “terroirs” play a decisive role in shaping the character of their wines, and can be proud of its past while looking to the future with confidence to produce wines with authenticity, character with a story to tell – always prepared by creative producers who respect the environment and nature.
Keeping your identity and tradition, Fonseca House is now part of a consolidated group – The Fladgate Partnership. This is one of the most important and respectable trade groups of port wine quality.
DID YOU KNOW…
The first Vintage Port sold under the name Fonseca was produced in 1840 and marked the beginning of a generating splendid vintages, which have continued to the present day, including the iconic 1868 and the extraordinary 1927, 1948, 1977 and 1994, the latter being four wines 100 points.
Although, for collectors and connoisseurs, Fonseca House can be a synonym for Vintage Port to many wine lovers from around the world, the company is best known as the producer of Bin nº 27 Port Wine, one of the wines of Porto more popular of all time.
The Fonseca Bin No. 27 is a port wine created more than a century ago but is being only marketed since 1972.
- Port Wines, 10 Years Port Wine, Brands, Fonseca, Wine TypesFonseca Tawny 10 Years ripens in oak casks for an average of 10 years. With reddish-brown and crimson reflections, in a silky and smooth composition, where there are many wood notes and strong tannins, creating a mystical bond with fresh acidity. This is a Port with a graceful long finish and fruity notes that remind plums.
€23,01In Stock €23,01
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Fonseca, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesFonseca Reserve Bin 27 Fonseca Reserve arises from the consumers demand and experience and from more intransigent Port Wine enthusiasts. A Port wine that is as well known as Fonseca's brand itself. When collectors and Port Wine connoisseurs speak of Fonseca House, they immediately think of Fonseca Bin 27 Reserve. With complex layers of extreme quality fruit, its fruity and opulent character differentiates the Fonseca House, and in particular Bin 27. It is sold worldwide and it reaches the peak of its popularity in the US market. It possesses a deep ruby colour and young and strong, rich and fruity aromas, with special emphasis on tblackberry, cassis, cherry, plum and spices suggestions. This Port is round on the palate, full-bodied, soft and quite balanced in its tannic structure and has a rich finish on the palate with juicy black fruit flavours.
€17,31In Stock €17,31
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Fonseca, Ruby Port Wine, Wine TypesFonseca Ruby Port Wine is a Port with a ruby colour, very fresh and young, with fruit flavours of the plum type. It is also an excellent dessert wine and excellent finish to a meal.
€10,46In Stock €10,46
- Port Wines, 20 Years Port Wine, Brands, Fonseca, Wine TypesFonseca Tawny 20 Years. A feature of Tawny wine is that, as they become older, sediments are deposited on the casks and therefore the wine gradually gets a lighter colour. This is how Fonseca Tawny 20 Years Port wine gets a deep amber colour with golden highlights. With ripe and very concentrated fruity aromas and flavours, this Port has caramel notes, cinnamon and slight wood notes. It is intense, complex and powerful with a long and glorious finish.
€51,55In Stock €51,55
- Port Wines, Brands, Fonseca, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesFonseca Tawny Port Wine This is a relatively concentrated Port, full-bodied and very fruity; a great dessert wine and a great finish to a meal.
€10,95In Stock €10,95
- Port Wines, Black Friday, Brands, Fonseca, White Port Wine, Wine TypesThis is an excellent choice as an appetizer. Its rich and fragrant with sweet fruit aroma and honey hints. Let yourself go and try it. Serve it well chilled or as a long drink. Find out how!
€10,95In Stock €10,95
- Port Wines, Brands, Fonseca, White Port Wine, Wine Types
€14,18In Stock €14,18
- Port Wines, Brands, Dated Port Wines, Fonseca, From 1990 to 2000, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesThis is a rich and elegant Vintage Port with a fresh wild fruit and candy aromsa. A wine that will be more appreciated if consumed from 2018. Book some bottles, right now, and also offer them to someone very special. This is a good wine to enjoy in good company, at a party or in a special anniversary.
Free shipping for EU countries.
€220,29In Stock €220,29