AN INNOVATIVE SPIRIT
With over 300 years of history, Croft was originated in 1588, when Henry Thomson created the company in England. The current name came in 1736 with the entry of the Croft family, who with great distinction expanded the trade of port wine.
The Croft House has established itself as a producer of distinctive homes of natural wines, whose reputation stems largely from the possession of one of the most beautiful properties in the valley of the Douro – Quinta de Roêda – and also for its production of Port Wine Vintage.
The creativity of this house when combined with the demand for innovative winemaking methods has led to the creation of a new style of Port Wine – the Rosé. This is an innovative, exciting and delicate wine, rich in fruits, fresh and vibrant with color tint pink style flavour. A fresh wine with fruit aromas and nuanced.
The Croft is now integrated in the group The Fladgate Partnership, one of the most important and respectable trade groups of port wine quality, and allowing the company to face the future with confidence and consolidate its market presence as a brand reference in the production of superior quality.
DID YOU KNOW…
John Croft was the author of the «Treaty of wines from Portugal» in 1788, which is still one of the most important sources of information about the history of Port wine?
Is attributed to Perey Croft origin of the phrase “All the time that is not spent drinking Port wine is wasted time?
Is Due to CROFT, the origin of the exciting ‘Croft Pink’, the new style Rosé?
- QuickviewThis Port wine bears witness to the passing of generations, since this Ports production is made by setting wines apart, done by the master oenologists great grandfather, grandfather, father and uncles. Therefore, the Master Blender selects and puts them aside for future generations. This Graham's 40 Years Old Tawny Port is the immemorial tradition and a full of character and expression wine. It possesses golden amber colour and pale green tinge, characteristic of old wines. Complex aroma and a balm that defies age itself. Very fruity on the palate, with raisins and roasted caramel and chocolate notes. Graham's Tawny 40 Years is a Port with a strong, quite elegant aftertaste finish. Award-winning wine with three Gold Medals.109,47€
- QuickviewA Port Wine that is considered artisanal production, Graham's 10 Years Old Tawny Port is a tribute to the passion for this production method and a tribute to the craftmanship. For lovers of quality and precision in every detail, this wine is a great expressiveness of Tawny Port Wine. Graham's Tawny 10 Years rises from a fascinating selection of reserve wines, aged on average for 10 years. It possesses a reddish-orange colour and complex nutty bouquet, such as walnuts, combined with honey and figs notes. Port wine with a fruity, rich, velvety and mellow flavour that enables a soft, long and perfect finish.19,43€
- QuickviewUnsurprisingly for wine lovers of Port, Graham's wine excellence is associated with the choice of the highest quality grapes. Graham's 20 Years Old Tawny Port Wine is the pursuit of perfection between the impeccable balance, of young Port wine's freshness, and the ageing complexity of old Port wines. A wine improved for twenty years to achieve a so sought after excellence and to delight consumers. This amber and golden Tawny possesses a rich palate, slightly sweet and delightful. Rich ripe fruit and nut aroma, such as walnuts, and orange zest notes. Graham's Tawny 20 Years is an impeccably balanced Port with a long, elegant finish.36,29€
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro 20 Years is a blend with an age average of 20 years, that from a careful selection of several batches of one of the oldest Douro’s farms - Quinta do Bom Retiro The period in which was kept in wood, has modified its colour, evolving from a red colour to vibrant tons of orange brick and vibrant yellow. A classic Tawny.55,35€
- QuickviewPort Graham's Reserve Six Grapes Wine has rich and seductive aromas of ripe plum, cherry and dark chocolate notes. The palate is complex, with an excellent structure and a long, lingering finish. Six Grapes Port is one of Graham's original Ports combining vintages from two or three years. The wine has an average of five years of cask ageing. A Blend wine that is fruity, robust and of excellent quality.13,41€
- QuickviewIn Graham's, know-how and dedication go through three unique arts, namely: blending art, cooperage art and ageing art; when the three are combined they give rise to exceptional Old Tawny Port wine. The expressiveness of wood works, hand in hand, with the time to create one of the greatest Port wines. Graham's mastered the production of 30 Years Old Tawny Port, already contemplating the range of three know-how arts, and at the same time does not rule out the importance of wood expression and ageing time. Possesses amber colour with a touch of orange, magnificent dried fruit aroma and a concentrated and mature palate with fruity and honeyed suggestions. Sublime, velvety Port with an impressive finish.73,19€
- QuickviewDow's Tawny Ports are Port Wines recognized by its standard creamy, long and traditionally drier finish. Dow's 10 Year Old Tawny Port has a light brown colour, a candied fruit and caramel fragrance, laced with ripe fruit and nuts, such as walnuts. Dow's Tawny 10 Years Old Port is smooth, mature and well balanced. Award-winning wine with gold and silver medals.16,92€
- QuickviewWarre's Warrior Reserve Port was a wine regarded as a production from one of the best casks of Warre's Reserve Port. A full-bodied classic wine with a wonderful richness and a stunning balance that possesses a deep ruby colour and plum aroma, cherry and rose notes. Great concentration and definition in the mouth with balanced sweetness and softness, and a long and complex finish.11,93€
- QuickviewThe Tawny' Port is Graham's signature blend matured for 7-9 years in seasoned oak casks. It has a deep golden-amber colour and a complex nose full of orange peel, cinnamon, prunes, raisins and figs followed by a full body with generous flavour and a long, clean finish.14,70€
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny 10 Years ripens in oak casks for an average of 10 years. With reddish-brown and crimson reflections, in a silky and smooth composition, where there are many wood notes and strong tannins, creating a mystical bond with fresh acidity. This is a Port with a graceful long finish and fruity notes that remind plums.20,91€
- QuickviewTaylor's has invested in new Port Wine styles, like this Taylor s Chip Dry White Port, made from white grapes varieties. Fermentation is longer than usual so it is possible to obtain a dry and crispy finish. This wine ageing is made in oak casks and the wine batches production conclude the characteristics of fresh fruit and nuts. Produced in limited quantities, the bottles are numbered with the wharehouse number information, where the Port wine has aged.12,14€
- QuickviewPacheca Pink is a Port Wine with a vibrant pinkish colour, that is a result from a mixture of several red grapes varieties, that were vinified to extract the freshness of its fruity flavours. It is possible to experience fruity aromas, with special attention to sweet notes of red fruits such as cherries and raspberries. In the mouth, is a fresh and sweet Port, with the presence of delicate cherry, grapefruit and honey notes, perfectly balanced by a slight acidity. This Port Wine is perfect to enjoy with a few ice rocks as an aperitif or as a refreshing cocktail.10,70€
- QuickviewCockburn's Special Reserve is the first great Port Wine that was launched by Cockburn's in 1969. This wine is aged in oak barrels for longer than normal at the reserve wines, which contributes to the unique identity of this Port.10,46€
- QuickviewFonseca Tawny Port Wine This is a relatively concentrated Port, full-bodied and very fruity; a great dessert wine and a great finish to a meal.10,15€
- QuickviewDow's Extra Dry White is a wine produced with the absence of the grapes peel, however, to help its fermentation it is added natural yeast. At the time the must reaches the desired degree of sugar, the fermentation is interrupted to make the wine extra dry. To give more ""soul"" to this wine is also added some wine spirits after its fermentation.8,61€
- QuickviewQuinta da Pacheca 10 YearsThe grapes from old vines were taken to the winery in plastic boxes. On arrival in the winery they were rigorously inspected on a sorting table. The grapes with their stems were then slightly crushed and transferred to a traditional stone tank where they were foot trodden. After this, the grape spirit was added to stop the fermentation and fortify the wine.15,40€
- QuickviewA Tawny Port that combines caramelized nuts, praline and candied orange notes with tobacco hints, which allow this 10 Years Old Tawnys an undisputed quality. Quinta do Vallado Tawny 10 Years is a rich, silky taste with the Tawny freshness to which Quinta do Vallado has already accustomed us to. The irrefutable primacy of persistence and complexity of finish.15,73€
- QuickviewAs the name implies, this wine is particularly dry since most of its sugar has been lost in fermentation. A limited number of white grape varieties are used in this Port production, foremost amongst which is Malvasia Fina, which gives this wine its attractive fruity and crisp flavour. Graham's Extra Dry White makes an excellent aperitif when served chilled or as a long drink with tonic water and a slice of lemon.9,23€
- QuickviewDalva Rosé was the last type of Port released by Dalva in the year of 2008, produduced with the same type of grapes of a Ruby Port but with a more limited exposure to the grape peel, only long enough to make the wine pink. It's a very fruity Port that must be served cold or with a slice of orange. A wine with strong flavours of raspberry, strawberry, notes of cherry, honey and grapefruit. A good balance of sweetness.10,09€
- QuickviewDow's 20 Years Old Tawny Port is considered the ideal wine to accompany cigars. The Habano Festival is the largest event related to cigars and takes place annually in the last week of February in Cuba. The Habanos company, responsible for the festivals organization, selected Dow's 20 Years Old Tawny Port as one of the premium products to accompany cigars. Purple and vibrant, softens into a greenish-gold colour after 20 long years of ageing in oak casks. Ripe raisins aroma with caramel and honey notes, based on a balanced, rich and unique palate, showing dried fruit flavour.32,60€
- QuickviewGraham's Natura Reserve Port is a wine made from organically grown grapes that meets the requirements and follows the organic certification rules. The method and the winemaking process are fully natural, resulting in a full of expressiveness and powerful wine. At Quinta das Lages and Quinta dos Malvedos, where this Port is produced, spring and summer have hot and dry microclimate, ideal for organic viticulture. This is a Port with a deep dark red colour true to Graham's style, pleasantly fresh, floral and elegant. Full-bodied and with very fruity on the palate and chocolate notes. Prolonged and delicate finish.14,15€
- QuickviewPacheca LBV Port Wine is produced with grapes from Old Vines, more precisely from grapes varieties of Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Francesa. Its colour is deep and opaque. In the nose is a quite elegant wine, with highlight to fruity notes of red fruits and raisins. In the palate is complex, fruity, with slight notes of spices and structured tannins.9,59€
- QuickviewFonseca Ruby Port Wine is a Port with a ruby colour, very fresh and young, with fruit flavours of the plum type. It is also an excellent dessert wine and excellent finish to a meal.10,15€
- QuickviewA great Tawny from a blend with an average age of 10 years, reveals a brilliant orange reddish colour with golden reflections and exotic aromas, slightly spicy. Full bodied and the richness of flavours make this Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira 10 Years an irresistible and tempting Port wine.26,08€
- QuickviewNiepoort Tawny is produced with grapes from low production vineyards of Douro Valley. They are young wines that result from several harvest and age for about three and a half years in old oak barrels. The Niepoort Tawny is a Port that owns a bright colour and powerful aromas of nuts and dried fruits.7,36€
- QuickviewCroft White Port This Croft White Port wine is made from a batch of wines produced with white grapes from their farms on the Douro Valleys upper slopes. Some of the varieties used include: Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Gouveio, Viosinho and Rabigato7,37€
- QuickviewTaylor's Tawny 10 Years Taylors Tawny combines a ripe berry fruit aroma with delicate dried fruity notes, and which is very soft and silky on the palate. Try it at the end of a good meal and savour it in good company. Serve slightly chilled to enhance flavour and pleasure.21,65€
- QuickviewOver many years of ageing, the wine takes on its amber tawny colour, slowly developing the complex flavours and the mouth luscious palate. Rich and elegant nose with a delicate nuttiness and subtle mellow notes of chocolate, butterscotch and fine oak wood.50,00€