BACK TO THE ORIGINS
The focus on innovation and pioneering spirit of Cockburn’s House led the study and development of the grape variety Touriga Nacional allowing the conquest of new territories in the Douro Superior, projecting the brand to a prominent place among the Port houses.
Acquired in 2010 by the Symington family, Cockburn’s House maintains its cultural and prestige in the production of Port wines with quality and excellence, and enjoys the support and knowledge of the Symington family with a history of several generations connected to the Port Wine.
DID YOU KNOW…
The Cockburn’s pioneered the expansion of planting vineyards in the Douro Superior?
In 1969, Cockburn’s created a new style of wine, Reserve that would have a decisive role in the development of trade in port wine?
- Black Friday, Brands, Cockburn's, Port Wines, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesCockburn's Special Reserve is the first great Port Wine that was launched by Cockburn's in 1969. This wine is aged in oak barrels for longer than normal at the reserve wines, which contributes to the unique identity of this Port.€12,87€12,87
- Black Friday, Brands, Cockburn's, Port Wines, Ruby Port Wine, Wine TypesCockburn's Fine Ruby is a Port Wine made from young and vibrant wines of several years that are aged in wood barrels for two or three years before being bottled. It is a wine that presents aromas of red fruits, being ideal to enjoy at the end of a meal, in a more relaxed atmosphere.€7,05€7,05
- 10 Years Port Wine, Black Friday, Brands, Cockburn's, Port Wines, Wine TypesFruity aroma consisting of plum and fig with syrup fruit, combined with caramel, vanilla and honey. This Cockburn's 10 Years Old Tawny Port leaves no one indifferent. With a dry character and with some minerality, it reflects its good complexity. Elegant and balanced flavour with fine dried fruit notes, mainly hazelnuts and almonds. It presents a velvety finish and a gracious after taste.€18,51€18,51
- Black Friday, Brands, Cockburn's, Port Wines, Tawny Port Wine, Wine TypesTawny Port Wines are young wines of several years, aged between two and three years in wood barrels, giving them aromas of nuts. Cockburn's Fine Tawny is an elegant, velvety Port with spice aromas.€8,81€8,81
- 20 Years Port Wine, Black Friday, Brands, Cockburn's, Port Wines, Wine TypesAmber in colour, and of an extraordinary complexity with layers of dried fruits, nuts and caramel, consumers consider it to recall a whiskey. In its aroma, this Cockburn's 20 Year Old Tawny Port, exactly expresses roasted almonds and dried fruit aromas, with great intensity and persistence. In this Port Wine, the wood ageing characteristics are notorious, as well as ripe fruit, which allowed it to acquire great silk like smoothness. It is sweet and elegant on the palate, medium-bodied, without astringency and dried fruit retro-aroma. Excellent balance.€30,16€30,16
- Black Friday, Brands, Cockburn's, Port Wines, White Port Wine, Wine TypesCockburn's Fine White is an elegant Port Wine with a fresh, floral scent. It has a golden colour and is perfect to be served with ice and tonic water in a more relaxed environment.€8,34€8,34
- After 2010, Brands, Cockburn's, Dated Port Wines, Port Wines, Vintage Port Wine, Wine TypesWith a very opaque, almost black color, Cockburn's 2017 Vintage Port reveals an extremely complex aroma, with evidence for rock-rose, red fruit notes and some minerality. On the palate reveals an intense and fruity notes with spicy tannins.Its complexity, balance and structure result in a persistent ending.€78,31€78,31