HOW TO STORE WINE
Storing a Port Wine in top condition is a safe investment, which allows you to benefit from the aging capacity of the Port Wine, valuing it as time passes.
One of the most praiseworthy traditions of Vintage Port is to keep a box of Vintage Port of the year of birth of someone, to be enjoyed throughout life milestones, such as a degree, a birthday or even be passed from fathers to sons.
The Port Wine should be stored in a cold and dark place at a constant temperature (optimal at 14 º C) and a humidity of 65% to 75%, so that the corks do not dry out and lose its elasticity. The bottles should be in laying down position, to moisten the corks. The location must be aired, and with no intense smells that can pass into the wine over time. Wines that do not age in the bottle, or with a plastic cap, can be stored with the bottle upright.
STORE AFTER OPENING
The conservation of the Port Wine after opening the bottle varies depending on the type of wine and where it will be stored. To appreciate the Port Wine under optimum conditions, you should take some precautions.
Vintage Port should be drunk quickly or, at most, within 48 hours. Its conservation should favor a decanter with lid, to prevent contact with the air to be prolonged.
LBV and Crusted should be consumed in 4-5 days and its conservation should also occur in a decanter with lid or a bottle with cork.
Ruby and Ruby Reserve may be preserved from 8 to 10 days in a decanter or bottle, which is properly covered.
For the Tawny and Tawny Reserve, the conservation period is longer and may take up to 3-4 weeks.
As for the Tawny or Whites with indication of age (10/20/30/40) they can wait 1 to 4 months, keeping in mind that the older they are the longer they may be preserved, if properly covered.
Harvest wines can wait from 1 to 4 months, and also the older they are the more time they can wait.
Younger Whites can be stored between 8 to 10 days and the more traditional ones can wait 15 to 20 days.
- QuickviewDalva 20 Years Dry White is a pioneer 20 year Port due to the fact that it has a lower sugar content when compared with others of the same age. This Port features a bright amber colour with deep and complex aromas and citrus fruits, honey and almonds. On the palate this Port is quite firm, elegant, being possible to feel notes of orange and spices in the aftertaste.$62,71
- QuickviewCroft 10 Years Old Tawny Port Wine This is an elegant wine with an attractive tawny colour and amber rim. It possesses complex nose, full of soft spicy aromas and hints of walnut, butterscotch and fine oak wood, in a rich jam fruit background. Deliciously smooth and round on the palate and filled with ripe figgy flavour. Challenging for a younger Port wine style, it is produced from a Port wine reserve aged in wood, which mature in winey oak casks, each of them containing about 630 litres of wine.$22,60
- QuickviewTo celebrate Cálem 150º anniversary, this distinguished brand released a special Port Wine: Cálem Special Reserve Very Old. With a deep dark amber color, this wine has a very complex aroma of nuts, like almonds, hazelnuts and figs, exotic wood varieties and spicy hints, without losing its freshness and rich long finish.$128,73
- QuickviewFrom a single harvest, Dalva Harvest 2004 shows delicate aromas of red fruits, figs and marzipan. On the palate, you can feel the balance of flavors like caramel, coffee and light oak notes. With age, this wine can develop tastes like nuts and cinnamon, but without losing its freshness and original elegance.$35,12
- QuickviewThe creation of a new Vintage Port as this Bioma enabled the return of the Port Wine golden age. Since 2005 that all wines produced by the Pisca Vineyards are analyzed in order to identify the wines of excellence, which are then separated into several batches including the Bioma. The Niepoort Vintage 2009 Bioma is a red colour Port wine with a reddish-purple reflections. It features aromas of dark chocolate and young dark fruits. A burst of aromas n 37.5 cl bottle that you can now enjoy in the company of a good old friend, a dear family member or simply by yourself.$40,23
- QuickviewGraham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Double Magnum 2012 is a special edition of Graham's, being produced few bottles of it. It is an edition where Port Wine quality is considered excellent. Enjoy this special edition of a 3Lt bottle.$398,66
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewGraham's 2009 Late Bottled Vintage has a deep almost opaque colour, with an intense dark red rim. On the nose, elegant aromas of red fruit and eucalyptus, combined with freshly picked mint and notes of the distinctive Douro Rockrose (Gum Cistus). On the palate, rich red fruit flavours balanced by taut, peppery tannins. There is a fine backbone of schist minerality and balanced acidity, with a long and satisfying finish. It should be served slightly cool, between 12 and 16° Celsius.$1,81
- QuickviewTaylor's White Port wine is mainly produced using white grapes from Douro Valley. A wine aged in wooden barrels for about three years, achieving its softness character. Considered a traditional, full bodied and smooth Port Wine.$13,10
Looking for a special Gift?
Personalize this bottle here.In Graham's, know-how and dedication go through three unique arts, namely: blending art, cooperage art and ageing art; when the three are combined they give rise to exceptional Old Tawny Port wine. The expressiveness of wood works, hand in hand, with the time to create one of the greatest Port wines. Graham's mastered the production of 30 Years Old Tawny Port, already contemplating the range of three know-how arts, and at the same time does not rule out the importance of wood expression and ageing time. Possesses amber colour with a touch of orange, magnificent dried fruit aroma and a concentrated and mature palate with fruity and honeyed suggestions. Sublime, velvety Port with an impressive finish.
- QuickviewCroft Port Fine Tawny comes from a reserve of Port wines aged in oak casks of 630 litres capacity. Then, there are select the wines to guarantee their quality and style of the house Croft.$10,90
- QuickviewRamos Pinto Quinta do Bom Retiro 20 Years is a blend with an age average of 20 years, that from a careful selection of several batches of one of the oldest Douro’s farms - Quinta do Bom Retiro The period in which was kept in wood, has modified its colour, evolving from a red colour to vibrant tons of orange brick and vibrant yellow. A classic Tawny.$64,72
- QuickviewWith a dark purple color, Niepoort Vintage Bioma 2013 leaves present in taste the magnificent flavor of dark red fruits, especially black plums and blackberries. The firm grainy tannins give structure to the wine, which leads to a grainy finish, but not aggressive.$202,45
- QuickviewThe year of 2007 began with a rainy winter, that has continued during the spring and summer time. In the summer the temperatures were not very high, which occurred in the first weeks of September where temperatures ranged between 35ºC and 38ºC . These weather conditions allowed a perfect maturation of the grapes, allowing the creation of a natural acidity. This harvest gave origin to elegant, stylish and very fruity wines. Taylor's Vintage 2007 is an opaque Port Wine, with a purplish black colour and violet nuances. It features complex black-fruit and blackcurrant aromas with hints of wild herbs, violets and rose petals.$74,53
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1978 is an awarded Port wine owner of a unique elegance. With a vibrant brick color, in the nose it is possible to feel the harmony of aromas as spices and delicate notes of dried fruits. On the palate is intense, well-structured and it has a magnificent balance.$192,40
- QuickviewQuinta da Senhora da Ribeira cellars are the most modern in the Douro, without forgetting to combine the best traditional winemaking traditions, developed through the centuries. The care taken with the cellars is reflected in the Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira exclusive bottling, where Vintage Port has a distinction place. Bottling manifests superb quality and a formidable exuberance. Dow's Senhora da Ribeira 2006 Vintage Port is quite full-bodied with strong, although immature, tannins. With wild berry flavours that grants it the dark, black opaque colour. With a mystical aroma, marked by tobacco notes, herbs and fresh spring flowers.$73,22
- QuickviewKnown as "Ferreirinha", Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira was a charismatic figure in the Douro region and in the production of Port wine. A widow that revealed her entrepreneurial side and who's talent led her to take over the leadership of the Ferreira House, managing to leave a legacy of tradition, quality and excellence with its Port wines. The Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserve Tawny, created in honor of this lady, is a very aromatic Port, with notes of ripe fruits, spices and smooth nuances of nuts, aromas acquired during the aging in wood. This is an elegant, full-bodied tawny with a great complexity of flavors. Now available in a 37.5 cl bottle.$8,03
- QuickviewFrom the sub-region of the Upper Douro, which ranges between 110 and 340 meters above sea level, emerges Ramos Pinto Quinta da Ervamoira Vintage 2007 Port. Considered a Single among the farms Vintages, it is an award-winning wine, holder of a bronze, silver and gold medals. Extraordinarily elegant and complex aroma, under which emanates aromas of eucalyptus, rock rose, red and wild berry ripe fruit, such as strawberries and blackberry, and chocolate aromas, and cedar balsamic notes. Soft tannins give it a satin touch and a haughty persistence.$77,11
- QuickviewOver many years of ageing, the wine takes on its amber tawny colour, slowly developing the complex flavours and the mouth luscious palate. Rich and elegant nose with a delicate nuttiness and subtle mellow notes of chocolate, butterscotch and fine oak wood.$56,92
- QuickviewNiepoort Secundum Vintage 2000 is another Vintage classic that combines a fantastic concentration with a lovely delicacy. Niepoort Secundum Vintage 2000 is a dar red colour wine and aromas of black fruits and notes of country herbs. A dense wine but, yet fresh, with firm tannins, providing a long and persistent aftertaste.$31,77
- QuickviewUm vinho envolvente com tons dourados, cores cítricas e muito floral.$14,62
- QuickviewThis is a fascinating Vintage Port Fonseca with fruit aroma and coffee and wild herbs notes. Its good wine to offer as a special gift, celebrating a friendship, or to savour with friends and family.$159,59
- QuickviewFerreira Tawny is a red wine which resulted by the selection of the best grape varieties in the region, such as Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Barroca, Tinto Cão, Tinta Roriz and Tinta Amarela. The final result is a Port wine that has a fresh and smooth aroma of spices and light notes of dried fruit, acquired during aging time in oak woods. On the palate, it is an elegant and delicate wine, revealing mature tannins perfectly balanced with the sweetness, providing an irresistible and elegant finish.$7,81
- QuickviewThe Harvest Port Wines are wines produced from harvested batches from one year and then aged for at least seven years in wood. Dalva Harvest 1968 is a wine with intense aromas and flavours of jam, marmalade and spices. This wine over the years tend to acquire flavours of coffee, dried fruits and cinnamon.$372,68
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewOne of the most amazing examples of Ferreira is the Ferreira Late Bottled Vintage (LBV). It presents an intense red ruby color and complex aromas, notes of ripe fruits, delicate balsamic nuances and soft notes of resin and tobacco. On the mouth, it is a Port Wine with a great complexity and elegance. It stands out flavors of ripe fruit, some notes of cocoa and firm tannins, a balanced acidity and a long finish. Now you can enjoy this magnificent LBV in a 37.5 cl bottle.$13,09
- QuickviewOffley Rosé is a very distinctive, young and versatile wine, which shows the brands modern side. With a vibrant clear pink color, Offley Rosé has tropical fruit aromas and soft notes of exotic wood. On the mouth it is a very balanced and fresh wine, with a fruity flavor, especially to exotic fruits. The finish is long, elegant and refreshing. A perfect Port wine for enjoying fresh or as a refreshing cocktail with some ice rocks, tonic water and lemon.$7,65
- QuickviewNiepoort Vintage 2005 is a balanced Vintage, with great concentration and simultaneously elegant and delicate. Is quite a mineral Port wine with balsamic notes, delicate flavours and elegant tannins. It features fruity and floral aromas providing a long and harmonious aftertaste. Surprise your family and friends during a special dinner and share with them this fantastic Vintage bottle of 1,5Lt.$183,21
- QuickviewQuinta Roriz Vintage 2016 Port presents a deep and vibrant color. On the nose, reveals intense aromas of ripe red fruits, a very typical characteristic from the Vintage Ports of Quinta Roriz. On the mouth, stands out the strong presence of red fruits and among them delicious frutty notes of strawberry and raspberry. This Port Wine reveals an interesting mineral line, supported by dry tannins that provide an excellent balance and structure to the wine.$63,10
- QuickviewPacheca White Port presents a yellow colour with golden shades. Its aroma is fruity, being possible to feel soft notes of citrus fruits, toasted nuts like walnuts and delicate notes of honey. On the mouth, Pacheca White Port is fresh, elegant and the aftertaste is slightly buttery and slightly delicious.$10,52
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 1994 has a ruby opaque color, revealing on the nose a whole intensity of smells like jelly fruits perfectly combined with spicy soft notes. On the palate, you can feel the complexity and elegance of flavors like nuts, cinnamon and coffee.$61,11
- QuickviewKopke Harvest 1957 is a Port Wine produced from wine batches from 1957 harvest, which is then aged in oak casks for at least seven years before being bottled. This Kopke features an incredible amber colour, delicate and complex aromas and some notes of honey and orange.$559,05
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewNow you can offer the perfect present with this 100 Year & 35 Grapes Gift Set. With Portal 29 Grapes and Graham’s Six Grapes it’s possible to enjoy some of the best 35 grape varieties that are behind these exquisite Port Wines. And to turn this into an extra special gift, discover the intensity, complexity and elegance of the best Tawny’s with age indication. It’s 100 Years of what for many is considered the best wine in the world.$329,52
Free shipping for EU countries.