HOW TO STORE WINE
Storing a Port Wine in top condition is a safe investment, which allows you to benefit from the aging capacity of the Port Wine, valuing it as time passes.
One of the most praiseworthy traditions of Vintage Port is to keep a box of Vintage Port of the year of birth of someone, to be enjoyed throughout life milestones, such as a degree, a birthday or even be passed from fathers to sons.
The Port Wine should be stored in a cold and dark place at a constant temperature (optimal at 14 º C) and a humidity of 65% to 75%, so that the corks do not dry out and lose its elasticity. The bottles should be in laying down position, to moisten the corks. The location must be aired, and with no intense smells that can pass into the wine over time. Wines that do not age in the bottle, or with a plastic cap, can be stored with the bottle upright.
STORE AFTER OPENING
The conservation of the Port Wine after opening the bottle varies depending on the type of wine and where it will be stored. To appreciate the Port Wine under optimum conditions, you should take some precautions.
Vintage Port should be drunk quickly or, at most, within 48 hours. Its conservation should favor a decanter with lid, to prevent contact with the air to be prolonged.
LBV and Crusted should be consumed in 4-5 days and its conservation should also occur in a decanter with lid or a bottle with cork.
Ruby and Ruby Reserve may be preserved from 8 to 10 days in a decanter or bottle, which is properly covered.
For the Tawny and Tawny Reserve, the conservation period is longer and may take up to 3-4 weeks.
As for the Tawny or Whites with indication of age (10/20/30/40) they can wait 1 to 4 months, keeping in mind that the older they are the longer they may be preserved, if properly covered.
Harvest wines can wait from 1 to 4 months, and also the older they are the more time they can wait.
Younger Whites can be stored between 8 to 10 days and the more traditional ones can wait 15 to 20 days.
- QuickviewWith a dark purple color, Niepoort Vintage Bioma 2013 leaves present in taste the magnificent flavor of dark red fruits, especially black plums and blackberries. The firm grainy tannins give structure to the wine, which leads to a grainy finish, but not aggressive.177,59€
- QuickviewThe keynotes of the 2016 vintage are purity, refinement and structure. The Taylor’s 2016 is characteristically elegant and poised and underpinned by firm, superbly integrated tannins of exceptional quality. Yields at the 2016 harvest were relatively low and the wine is likely to be tightly allocated.117,05€
- QuickviewPort with a black colour and blackberry, strawberry and wild berries aroma, which is a very tempting second Fonsecas wine. Enjoy now and also book a few bottles in your cellar. This is a good option for happy gathering with friends.77,90€
- QuickviewWe have gathered in one exclusive pack 100 years of Port Wine. Now you can experience the complexity and magnificence of 10, 20, 30 and 40 Years Old Tawny’s from some of the most distinguished Port Wine Houses.200,00€
- QuickviewWith an amber color, Kopke Harvest 1980 presents itself as an elegant and complex wine. It is possible to feel the harmony of aromas like dry figs and nuts, especially walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts. On the palate it stands out its silky texture with soft notes of honey and toasted nuts. Well balanced and powerful, this harvest Kopke is a one of kind Port Wine.124,67€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval 20 Years Tawny is a Port Wine recognized by its age complexity and simultaneously able to present a truly irresistible freshness.Balanced, harmonious, delicate, elegant and long. The right option to take into account. Do not miss the opportunity of taste this superb 20 years with a new edition of 37,5Cl bottle.52,32€
- QuickviewUm vinho com uma boa concentração a nível de cor e com ótimos aromas, ideal para acompanhar queijo ou chocolate.67,37€
- QuickviewA Port with intense aromas and flavours is this Dalva 1985 Harvest, which offers fantastic aromas of fruit jam, marmalade and spices. These aromas will change as the time passes by, acquiring aromas of dried fruits, cinnamon and coffee. All these combined flavours and aromas in a 1985 harvest wine that you won't want to miss.86,10€
- QuickviewNiepoort Dry White is a Port with an unusual style. The grapes used to make this wine went through a long maceration with the peels. Their are used several wines aged in oak barrels for about 3 years before being bottled. Enjoy this bottle of 37,5 cl and share this amazing wine in a special occasion with your other half, for a unforgettable moment.7,85€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2014 Port distinguishes itself among the several vintages of the same year for the fruit purity and unique quality. Elegance, balance, harmony and delicacy are unique characteristics of Vintage wines, acquiring only this designation in exceptional years and only with wines that can reach the rigorous and selective standards of Noval. Quinta do Noval Vintage 2014 was distinguished with an impressive score of 17.5 / 20 by the renowned Wine Magazine.145,14€
- QuickviewNoval Harvest 2000 Port is elegant with red hints. With pomegranates, caramel, iodine and sweet spices. Highly differentiated flavour due to the particularity of sweet spices, pepper, freshness and balance between old and young. While 10, 20 and 40 Years Old Tawny Ports are wine batches designed to maintain a style, the Harvest 2000 takes its personality from its year of production. These are wines of batches chosen in exceptional years with extraordinary ageing potential. Truly unique Port.86,10€
- QuickviewDalva 20 Years Dry White is a pioneer 20 year Port due to the fact that it has a lower sugar content when compared with others of the same age. This Port features a bright amber colour with deep and complex aromas and citrus fruits, honey and almonds. On the palate this Port is quite firm, elegant, being possible to feel notes of orange and spices in the aftertaste.55,01€
- QuickviewThe Sandeman 30 Years Tawny reveals an amber and old golden color. Its aroma shows a great complexity and intensity, typical of an aged wine, where it stands out aromas of honey and spices. On the palate, you can enjoy a fantastic combination of flavors like dried apricots, hazelnuts and vanilla. Awards and distinctions: 96/100 - Decanter; Great Gold - Decanter World Wine Awards 2017; Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2017; Great Gold - Mundus Vini Spring Tasting 2017; Gold - Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 201661,02€
- QuickviewUm vinho de uma cor vermelha escura e profunda, no qual podemos através do olfato sentir os aromas picantes e dos frutos do bosque, passas e abóbora. Pode ser apreciado como aperitivo.27,86€
- QuickviewAs the name implies, this wine is particularly dry since most of its sugar has been lost in fermentation. A limited number of white grape varieties are used in this Port production, foremost amongst which is Malvasia Fina, which gives this wine its attractive fruity and crisp flavour. Graham's Extra Dry White makes an excellent aperitif when served chilled or as a long drink with tonic water and a slice of lemon.10,48€
- QuickviewQuinta do Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a perfectly integrated Port wine, with a velvety and harmonious afertaste. With a dark charcoal colour and aromas of violets and wildflowers, this Vesuvio Vintage 2006 is a full bodied wine that features powerful flavours of blueberries and blackcurrants with slight chocolate hints.82,26€
- QuickviewNiepoort 10 Years White is a unique and distinct Port Wine that was created having for basis some batches of Old White Port Wines. It has a classic style and a great aging, due to the fact of grapes maceration being more prolonged.34,60€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Vintage 2003 Port Wine elegance and personality are some of the factors that contributed to this Ports distinction, which is considered one of the best in the world by the best 2010 sommelier, Luca Gardini. A Port Wine that resisted the phylloxera never having needed to suffer grafts. With full bodied tannins, that provide it good aging potential, transformed it into an exceptional quality wine.151,76€
- QuickviewWith a deep and intense red ruby colour, Pacheca Vintage 2012 presents an amazing intensity of red fruits aromas, perfectly combined with the complexity and elegance of the berries fragrances. On the palate is fresh with an intense flavour of black fruits. This 2012 Vintage is a Port of great structure and volume, with a long and irresistible finish, being possible to feel until the end the amazing flavours of raspberries and blackberries.48,23€
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 1966 is a wine form a single harvest of a specific year. The peculiarity of this wine is that it has no indication of age as a blended tawny (10, 20, 30, 40,), but instead an indication, it has the year mentioned on the label and, for this reason, an Harvest wine should not be confused with a Vintage. An Harvest wine should age a minimum period of seven years in oak barrels before being bottled.317,34€
Free shipping for EU countries.
- QuickviewA Tawny Port that combines caramelized nuts, praline and candied orange notes with tobacco hints, which allow this 10 Years Old Tawnys an undisputed quality. Quinta do Vallado Tawny 10 Years is a rich, silky taste with the Tawny freshness to which Quinta do Vallado has already accustomed us to. The irrefutable primacy of persistence and complexity of finish.15,68€
- QuickviewBrownish color with light orange reflections, Kopke Harvest 2005 seduces with its sophisticated aromas of raisins, nuts, dried fruit and light spice notes. On the palate you can feel the complexity of flavors like candied fruit and raisins.40,64€
- QuickviewCitrine colour with an intense and fruity bouquet, this Noval Extra Dry Wite features itself as an elegant wine in the palate. It presents a good alcohol, sugar and acidity balance which gives the wine the nerve and the freshness of an appetizer and a long and pleasant finish.16,99€
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Fine Ruby has a bright ruby colour. On the nose is intense and youthful, being impossible to stay indifferent to its distinctive fruity character of wild berries. On the palate, it is a well balanced Port Wine with intense fruity flavours.14,38€
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 1999 is a reddish colour wine with some brownish-brick colour. It is a velvety Port with hints of dried apricots and caramel. ThisHarvest reveals its age at the beginning of the taste, but it also becomes fresh and slightly acid with a well defined structure and a long and complex aftertaste.67,24€
- QuickviewCockburn's Fine White is an elegant Port Wine with a fresh, floral scent. It has a golden colour and is perfect to be served with ice and tonic water in a more relaxed environment.9,84€
- QuickviewSandeman Quinta do Seixo Vintage 2015 reveals a very dark, almost opaque color. In the nose, it is possible to feel aromas of great intensity especially balsamic notes of resin, cedar, tobacco box, spices such as pepper, cloves and ginger, and a slight presence of chocolate notes. In the mouth is a full-bodied Port, with firm and powerful tannins, a well integrated acidity, being possible to feel the presence of spicy and resin notes. The finish is long, elegant and persistent.57,95€
- QuickviewWith complex aromas of nuts, honey, butterscotch and slight notes of spices, Kopke Tawny 10 Years leaves in the palate the sentation of delicate flavors of dried fruits, caramel, chocolate and wood.31,57€