HOW TO STORE WINE
Storing a Port Wine in top condition is a safe investment, which allows you to benefit from the aging capacity of the Port Wine, valuing it as time passes.
One of the most praiseworthy traditions of Vintage Port is to keep a box of Vintage Port of the year of birth of someone, to be enjoyed throughout life milestones, such as a degree, a birthday or even be passed from fathers to sons.
The Port Wine should be stored in a cold and dark place at a constant temperature (optimal at 14 º C) and a humidity of 65% to 75%, so that the corks do not dry out and lose its elasticity. The bottles should be in laying down position, to moisten the corks. The location must be aired, and with no intense smells that can pass into the wine over time. Wines that do not age in the bottle, or with a plastic cap, can be stored with the bottle upright.
STORE AFTER OPENING
The conservation of the Port Wine after opening the bottle varies depending on the type of wine and where it will be stored. To appreciate the Port Wine under optimum conditions, you should take some precautions.
Vintage Port should be drunk quickly or, at most, within 48 hours. Its conservation should favor a decanter with lid, to prevent contact with the air to be prolonged.
LBV and Crusted should be consumed in 4-5 days and its conservation should also occur in a decanter with lid or a bottle with cork.
Ruby and Ruby Reserve may be preserved from 8 to 10 days in a decanter or bottle, which is properly covered.
For the Tawny and Tawny Reserve, the conservation period is longer and may take up to 3-4 weeks.
As for the Tawny or Whites with indication of age (10/20/30/40) they can wait 1 to 4 months, keeping in mind that the older they are the longer they may be preserved, if properly covered.
Harvest wines can wait from 1 to 4 months, and also the older they are the more time they can wait.
Younger Whites can be stored between 8 to 10 days and the more traditional ones can wait 15 to 20 days.
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 1975 is a wine form a single harvest of a specific year. The peculiarity of this wine is that it has no indication of age as a blended tawny (10, 20, 30, 40,), but instead an indication, it has the year mentioned on the label and, for this reason, an Harvest wine should not be confused with a Vintage. An Harvest wine should age a minimum period of seven years in oak barrels before being bottled.$187,33
- QuickviewIf you are looking for a one of a kind Port Wine, this gift set is the right one for you. It includes the exquisite Portal 29 Grapes and the classic Grahama's Six Grapes. A sophisticated pack that reunites 35 grapes into two amazing Port Wines. Discover the elegance, sophistication and intensity of Portal 29 Grapes and Grahama's Six Grapes and surprise someone special with a unique gift set.$58,89
- QuickviewQuinta do Noval Tawny 10 Years represents perfectly Noval Tawny style. It developed the characteristics of an Old Tawny Port wine, keeping to the fullest its fruity and freshness features. An elegant and appetizing Tawny that you can now appreciate and acquire in a bottle of 37,5 cl.$23,84
- QuickviewA Port created in honor of the charismatic Forrester Baron, a legendary person in the history of Port wine and responsible for the projection of Offley as a world renowned brand for the quality of its wines. The Offley Forrester Reserve reveals an intense red-ruby color. On the nose, it stands out an elegant and complex aroma, dominated by scents of ripe red fruits and some balsamic and floral notes. On the palate, it is a full-bodied, ripe and balanced Port with quality tannins, providing a long lasting, harmonious and irresistible finish. Awards and Distinctions: 85 points Wine Enthusiast Magazine; Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2009 Gold Medal; Gold Medal Vinalies Internationales 2005.$13,23
- QuickviewOffley Barão de Forrester 30 Years Tawny is an intense amber wine with greenish nuances. It reveals an intense aroma, of great complexity and richness, especially notes of caramel, coffee, nuts and soft notes of varnish and tobacco leaf, aromas acquired during the aging in oak wood over the years. On the palate, it is a very balanced, sophisticated and velvety Tawny, with a delicate structure. The finish is long and smooth. Awards and Distinctions: 92 points Wine Enthusiast Magazine; Gold Medal - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2014; Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014; Bronze Medal - International Wine Challenge 2014; - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles Silver Medal 2013; - Silver Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2013.$69,50
- QuickviewCroft White Port This Croft White Port wine is made from a batch of wines produced with white grapes from their farms on the Douro Valleys upper slopes. Some of the varieties used include: Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Gouveio, Viosinho and Rabigato$12,62
- QuickviewThis is an excellent choice as an appetizer. Its rich and fragrant with sweet fruit aroma and honey hints. Let yourself go and try it. Serve it well chilled or as a long drink. Find out how!$11,91
- QuickviewUm Porto de cor em tons profundos púrpura, é um vinho com sabor intenso de frutos do bosque e notas picantes. Um ótimo digestivo.$66,37
- QuickviewSandeman Vintage 225 Years - Craft is a complex and intense Port wine that features incredible notes of spices, like pepper and cinnamon, perfectly combined with soft aromas of red and black fruits. On the palate it is possible to feel a slight acidity and firm tannins. The finish is long and irresistible.$146,76
- QuickviewUm vinho com uma bonita cor tijolo, com aroma a maduros frutos vermelhos, caramelo, figo e ameixa combinado com notas picantes e de noz.$23,25
- QuickviewNiepoort Harvest 1999 is a reddish colour wine with some brownish-brick colour. It is a velvety Port with hints of dried apricots and caramel. ThisHarvest reveals its age at the beginning of the taste, but it also becomes fresh and slightly acid with a well defined structure and a long and complex aftertaste.$76,65
- QuickviewTawnys with indication of age are wines that result from the mixture of different wine batches with average ages of 10 years. The long aging in small oak casks provide it its vibrant colour and the amazing complexity of flavours and aromas. Niepoort Tawny 10 Years is a Port wine with a deep golden colour and intense scents of candied fruit and apricots.$39,45
- QuickviewDalva Rosé was the last type of Port released by Dalva in the year of 2008, produduced with the same type of grapes of a Ruby Port but with a more limited exposure to the grape peel, only long enough to make the wine pink. It's a very fruity Port that must be served cold or with a slice of orange. A wine with strong flavours of raspberry, strawberry, notes of cherry, honey and grapefruit. A good balance of sweetness.$11,54
- QuickviewNiepoort 10 Years White is a unique and distinct Port Wine that was created having for basis some batches of Old White Port Wines. It has a classic style and a great aging, due to the fact of grapes maceration being more prolonged. Take home this lovely Port Wine bottle of 37,5 cl and enjoy it in a relaxing moment or share it with a special someone.$19,10
- QuickviewPacheca Porto Tawny 20 years old is a wine resulted of a blend of old cask aged ports matures at Quinta da Pacheca cool and tranquil cellar.Rich and elegant nose with a delicate nuttiness and subtle mellow notes of chocolate, butterscotch and fine oak wood.$35,18
- QuickviewFonseca Vintage 2009 Port Reserve, right now, a Fonseca Vintage Port wine that will be more appreciated if consumed from 2019 to 2039. Do not miss this opportunity to savour a great wine in a few years, celebrating the great moments of your, and of your familys and friends, life.$153,91
- QuickviewThe year of 2009 was an important year because it had all the conditions to create an excellent classic Vintage, with power and elegance. With a low density of plantation, ripening, perfect concentration and great acidity, the Niepoort Vintage 2009 is a Port wine with aromas of fruits, pepper and spices. A Vintage of great power and elegance that can be yours in an amazing bottle of 1.5 Lt.$172,64
- QuickviewNoval Harvest 2000 Port is elegant with red hints. With pomegranates, caramel, iodine and sweet spices. Highly differentiated flavour due to the particularity of sweet spices, pepper, freshness and balance between old and young. While 10, 20 and 40 Years Old Tawny Ports are wine batches designed to maintain a style, the Harvest 2000 takes its personality from its year of production. These are wines of batches chosen in exceptional years with extraordinary ageing potential. Truly unique Port.$98,15
- QuickviewThe C.N. Kopke is the oldest company in Portugal that is dedicated to the Port Wine production since 1638. Kopke is considered a prestigious brand and reference in the national and international market. The 20 year old Kopke is an amazing Port to enjoy in the company of some dear friends or family.$56,16
- QuickviewThe year 1978 proved to be a year of adverse weather conditions. However, from a small harvest was born a magnificent production of Port wine from the Krohn house, this exquisite Krohn Harvest 1978. With an intense and vibrant color and silky texture, proves to be a wine with complex aromas and flavors.$183,37
- QuickviewDalva Harvest 1995 is a wine produced from the batches of 1995 harvest that were then aged in oak casks for a seven year period, and then bottled. With aromas of fruit jam, marmalade and spices, this Port Wine is delicious, soft and very fresh.$43,48
- QuickviewKrohn 20 Years is a golden yellow colour Port with complex aromas of dried fruits, candied fruit and walnuts. On the palate is rich and with a long and persistent aftertaste, leaving in the mouth a fantastic flavour of walnuts.$61,29
- QuickviewWith an amber color, Kopke Harvest 1980 presents itself as an elegant and complex wine. It is possible to feel the harmony of aromas like dry figs and nuts, especially walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts. On the palate it stands out its silky texture with soft notes of honey and toasted nuts. Well balanced and powerful, this harvest Kopke is a one of kind Port Wine.$142,13
- QuickviewCroft White Port wine is made from a lot of wines made with white grapes of the upper slopes of the Douro region, including castes Arinto, Boal, Esgana Cão, Folgasão, Rabigato, Viosinho and Gouveio. For three years, these wines are aged in oak barrels where acquire softness and character. Then, the wine is separated into lots with a smooth, full-bodied style. This port wine is bottled to be consumed immediately.$12,90
- QuickviewDow's Midnight is a young and vigorous Port Wine, which make it fresh and with more mature aromas of red fruits. This wine was thought to attract the younger crowd with its great balance of fruit. This Dow's was produced only through the best wines from Dow's farms, including the Quinta do Bomfim and Senhora da Ribeira.$10,64
- QuickviewDow's Rosé is a Port wine that features an elegant pink colour. For the production of this wine, before the grapes being crushed there are removed the grape berries and only these are gently crushed in order to keep all the base aromas of the fruit.$12,25
- QuickviewDow's Senhora da Ribeira Vintage Magnum 1998 is a Port Wine that reunites all the characteristics of a classic Vintage Dow's, absolutely black, with a slight ruby edge. In the nose is possible to feel the delicated floral notes of violets and roses, as some hints of black fruit and cocoa. Powerful, elegant and fruity tannins that provide an outstanding balance and magnificient harmony. With a bottle of 1,5Lt it is possible to taste this wine in a special event, like your birthday.$139,79
- QuickviewWarre's Fine White is made from grape varieties of Douro region, a region famous for its Port Wines. In order to produce a softer and delicate Port, during the fermentation process there are removed the peel of the grapes. It is a refreshing and very light wine, perfect to be served as an appetizer.$12,10